• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Lolly or Raymond?

Lolly or Raymond?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

eeveelovee

🔮 Pokémon Master 🔮
Bells
Island
Ashlar
Yellow Balloon
Pink Balloon
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
Crystal Tree
I don't have room for two gray cats on my island unfortunately, but I can't decide which one! HELP!

Last edited:
Raymond is a cute smug boy, though all the smug are adorable. Raymond is a cutie. Appearance wise, I love his mismatched colored eyes, they look really cool. He's got cute grey/white stalkings, and a cute face. Alot of people have him as the office cat. He's a previous perfume comercial cat for me, just cause he looks like that kinda boy with that hair do going on. I'd call him Bishi cat, but thats what I call Marshal lol,

I've had my own Raymond for years, he even came to my own island from my first. Hes also the only one who gives me nick names.
--
Part of me thinks I just don't like Lolly because all I see of her on YouTube, and idk maybe I should invite her to my side. Have a nice cup of tea and talk, with the other girls xD I can see the good sides of her. She just doesn't really interested me as of right now.

So, big surprise.. I'm team Raymond here 🎉 You should absolutely keep him.

Last edited:
I have Raymond on my island, but between those two side by side pictures, I prefer Lolly because of the quirky smile, instead of Raymond's frown.

I prefer a happy cat!

410841859_717587227002295_211156710025067221_n.jpg
402094271_703655505062134_8649831350235010894_n.jpg

Geez,this is kind of a tough decision.I have both of these cats(on different islands).With two good villagers like this I'd go for the one that has the personality I prefer.In this case it would probably be Raymond.

i have both of them on my island haha, but i’d say i’m more attached to lolly since i had/got attached to marshal way before i had raymond. tbh it’s more of a personal preference, but personally i’d keep both :>

Lolly for sure! Never had her, but i still think she would be a nice addition!

Which one you decide to keep is ultimately up to you. Something that helps me when I can’t choose between two villagers is I’ll put both of their names in a random name picker, and if I feel disappointed or sad with the villager that it picks, then that’s the villager I keep. Raymond and Lolly are both very cute, but it might be more helpful to think about which one you have more of an attachment to; which one you can’t imagine your island without.

Keeping them both if you like them equally is also an option ofc! I know you said that you don’t have room for 2 grey cats, but it’s okay to decide to keep both if you like them both too much to move one of them out.

I’ve had both of them on my island at different times, and if I had to choose between the two of them, I would go with Lolly. I like normal villagers more than smug ones, and I like Lolly’s design more than Raymond’s. I also have special memories of Lolly from New Leaf, and while the Lolly I had in New Horizons wasn’t the same as the Lolly I had in New Leaf, those memories would still influence my decision a bit.

But your decision is entirely your own, and whatever you decide to do is valid!

Lolly’s an underrated sweetie pie (or maybe not so underrated, at least based on this poll). I would go with her, but nothing against Raymond. I’m not big on smugs, but do usually keep one on my island for variety.

I tend to be drawn toward villagers who are less "classically cute," but I have a huge weak spot for Lolly. She was a permanent resident of my New Leaf town and is my favorite cat of all time.

I chose lolly because she is one of my favorite villagers BUT if your signature is right and you already have Kiki, I would say get Raymond. I feel like his personality-species combo is really good. I do agree with xara, best way is to flip a coin or something and if you feel disappointed by the result that means you should pick the other one. Or you can try one and then if you don't like it, you can switch later! I would say try Raymond first as it is easy to find him online, since he is still a novelty.

Back