• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

List your favorite and most nostalgic video games?

I have alot of memories of quite a few great games growing up. Regardless of the amount of time I spent playing a game, some feel nostalgic and some don't for whatever reason.

Like Warioland 4. I love the game, played it alot as a kid, but I don't feel nostalgia with it for whatever reason. But say Hamtaro Ham Ham HeartBreak I have nostalgia for, but only played it some as a kid before it got lost or stolen, and I loved it too.
The Pokemon listed below, I loved and played it a ton, and have a ton of nostalgia with it.

The ones that I actually feel nostalgia with that I have played as a kid would be:

Super Mario Brothers on the NES oddly never owned
Primal Rage on Playstation oddly never owned
Pokemon Crystal
Pokemon Sapphire
Hamtaro: Ham Ham HeartBreak
Hamtaro: Ham Ham Games
Spyro The Dragon
Spyro Season of Ice
Crash Bandicoot Warped

Alot of favorite video games I'd list are mostly from the now period whether the game is old or not, so I'm not gonna really list them. Video games are much easier to get and try out than they use to when I was a kid. But the list above have some absolute favorites listed. 🙂

ACNL has to be my most nostalgic video game tbh- I got it for my 8th birthday and played it so much until I was like 13/14 that it just holds so many special memories of such different times of my life- it really got me through some difficult times. Just hearing the music makes me feel somewhat emotional!
ACWW is a close second tho- it was my first ever video game, which I got for my 3rd birthday before I could even read, and it was how I bonded with my sister because I needed her to get me through all the tutorials, show me how to do basic things like catching fish and get rid of resetti for me all the time bc i was terrified of him (was that just me?). Again, just hearing the music reminds me of simpler times, and although the graphics are awful, especially compared to later AC games, they’re defo my favourite in the series- pears just didn’t hit the same once the resolution became vaguely decent.
Weirdly the two Pokemon games I played when I was younger (Pokemon X and Omega Ruby) are also super nostalgic for me, which I find weird since I was like 9/10 when I played them and I didn’t play the for that long? The pokemon music BANGS tho (the pokemon league theme tune from pokemon X OMG) and it’s mainly the music that makes me form a nostalgic attachment to a game, so I guess that explains it, but I was never anywhere near as invested in the series as I was in AC.

my two favorites of all time are definitely paper mario the thousand year door and super mario sunshine, when talking about nostalgic games. pokemon emerald is also very high on the list but i played those two the most. i also played a lot of fable on the original xbox growing up so thats pretty nostalgic.
the OST for pokemon B&W hits me like a train with nostalgia, that was the first video game i bought with my own money :)

Minecraft: my dad used to make a whole bunch of fancy buildings in survival mode. i remember he used to make rooms for everyone in my family which is really cute :)

Animal Crossing: New Leaf: i got this game when i was 7 and i have been playing it (not the same save file) ever since. my original town was named pinkton, then i had ToonTown, then rat city, and my most recent one is named Amphibia.

Wii Music: i played this with my siblings and i remember always wanting to be the cat or the dog and absolutely ruining my sister's song lol

Tomodachi Life: i remember losing SO MANY VERSIONS of this game. i don't even know how many different cartridges i've had. rat island (my most recent one) is the farthest i've ever gotten in any version, although on faux coat island i had SO MANY BABIES (this was before i made myself a boy in the game)

My top 3 not in order:
Guilty Gear Rev2
Skylanders Swap Force
CTRNF

Other favs:
Crash 4
Hades
Spyro 1 ps1 version
Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure
Tropical Freeze
Mario Kart Wii
Sonic Mania

I grew up on Spyro and Crash, Spyro 3 was my first videogame. Also some Wii stuff. Pokémon but I don’t even get that into the old games tbh, hgss is peak tho. Nothing super interesting in my childhood games. Unless you want to count Skylanders. I was playing that since the start.

edit: I forgot but I also grew up with Professor Layton, shoutouts to that because that series is so memorable. Oops. Yea I grew up with DS stuff a lot too. I actually played Pokémon gens in order and I had insane fun glitching and cheating in the old Pokémon games (no cheating online tho).

ofc I grew up with Animal Crossing. I don’t get along with my dad but we did get along over that. I don’t enjoy playing it with him anymore tho. But we played Wild World together a lot. Wild World was probably my most played game (other than Pokemon) in my childhood honestly.

edit again: actually iOS games
Pocket God
Jetpack Joyride / Fruit Ninja
Infinity Blade
Donut Games stuff
TapZoo / DragonVale
Angry Birds
Doodle Jump
as well as some really random ones like Dragooo and bad licensed games

finally: Club Penguin 😭

Last edited:
I've played quite a bit of games (especially when I was younger, nowadays I stick to just a few games), but my favorites are just about any Wii game I've played - Specifically Wii Sports and Wii Party. I have a lot of memories playing these games with my brothers when I was in elementary school. (Not good memories, my brothers weren't very sportmanship-like... But memories regardless.)
Honorable mentions go to Minecraft and Tomodachi Life. :)

Edit: I can't believe I forgot about Breath of the Wild, I played this game a ton when I was in the 6th grade and it was my proper introduction to the Zelda series. 😭

Last edited:
SNES: Yoshi's Island and Donkey Kong Country 1-3, these games were given to me as a kid.
GBC/GBA: Pokemon Crystal, Metroid Fusion, Pokemon TCG, Zelda Oracles of Seasons and Ages
3DS: Pokemon BW/BW2, X, UM, OR (Sadly I didn't get into ACNL as it wasn't for me at the time)
MMO games: Maplestory, Flyff, Runescape, FFXIV, GW2, ESO, Cabal
Almost all Final Fantasy games
Skyrim (Waiting for TES 6...)\
The Legends of Heroes games, still need to finish CS3 apparently which is overdue lol
Tales of Berseria and Zestiria
YS games 1-8

Devil survivor overclocked & 2, Wizard101, Animal crossing new leaf, pokemon platinum, Persona 3 Portable

to be completely honest the gamecube in general is just pure nostalgia for me, especially animal crossing, harvest moon: a wonderful life, pokemon channel, the sonic adventure games, mario party 4 and 5, luigi's mansion, star fox adventures (maybe a hot take lol?), etc.

i also have a huge soft spot for animal crossing: new leaf, resident evil 4, silent hill 2 (which is still my favorite game), the legend of zelda: majora's mask, etc.

also it's too new for me to consider it personally nostalgic but i hope a lot of kids grow up feeling nostalgia for the legend of zelda: breath of the wild, it's such a nice ghibli-like game i've spent an absurd amount of time just wandering around in

There are many nostalgic games that I enjoyed playing as a kid. Here are a few:

Gamecube: Mario Kart: Double Dash, Pokemon Colosseum, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Ty the Tasmanian Tiger, and Sonic Heroes.

DS: Pokemon Platinum, Pokemon SoulSilver, Pokemon Ranger, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and PMD: Explorers of Sky.

GBA: Pokemon LeafGreen and Emerald.

Wii: Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort, Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games, Super Smash Bros Brawl, and Lego Batman.

3DS: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Sun and Moon, and Mario Kart 7.

AC: New Leaf was my first Animal Crossing game and I loved it for the cherished memories I've spent with my villagers and its sublime music.

Out of all the main series Pokemon games, the Gen 4 games are my favorites, especially HG/SS. As for spin-off games, the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games I've played really touched me for their deep stories and interesting characters. Additionally, I adored Pokemon Colosseum as a child for its awesome story and soundtrack.

Last edited:
FF7 honestly one of the best final fantasy games ever to be made everything else after that nothing tops it at all honestly.

Practically every Pokemon game pre-Gen 7. The modern games feel too corporate andcI doubt I'll feel nostalgic for any of them. I do like Scarlet and Violet despite all the bugs though. Other favourite and nostalgic games include Zelda Ocarina of Time, Golden Sun, Golden Sun: The Lost Age. I really wished the GS franchise continued on.

My favorite nostalgic games are Super Mario 64, Banjo-Kazooie, Super Mario Sunshine, and Mario Party 3! There are other nostalgic games, but these are some of the ones I spent the most time playing, and I've replayed the first three multiple times~

Quite a few! Some include:

- Pokemon d/p/p
- Pokemon mystery dungeon explorers
- Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games
- The old marvel vs capcom for the original Xbox
- Animal crossing wild world

i don't remember most of the games i played growing up, but:
  • drawn to life: the next chapter (ending made me cry; story and music gets me to this day);
  • super paper mario (really need to set up my wii u and replay it);
  • animal crossing: wild world (first ac game!)
  • animal crossing: new leaf (sounds crazy to say that's nostalgic, but it's 10 years old...)
i think there's a couple other ds games, but i don't remember the names rip. we used to have a lot.

Back