• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

List your favorite and most nostalgic video games?

Bizhiins

smol bean
Bells
What’s your list of your favorite and most nostalgic video games?
You can make a longer list, but I’m gonna try and keep it shorter and in order of favorites. Also please share why you love them :) I’m trying to look into great games to start a video game collection at home!

Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Paper Mario N64
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Harvest moon: Magical Melody
Harvest moon: A Wonderful Life
Harvest moon: Animal Parade
Animal Crossing (GameCube)
Animal Crossing: New Leaf/ Welcome Amiibo
Mario Party 3
Kirby 64
Kirby Air Ride
Pokemon Sapphire
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon
Sonic Adventure Battle 2

I really love RPG and story games that are really artistic. I find that the ones that have really deep stories captivate me! Most are older because I haven’t had as much time to explore newer games, but the ones I have played I still haven’t liked as much.

Last edited:
The wind waker, wii sports, animal crossing wild world, and pokemon x and y

I'm listing my favorites or games that give me nostalgia as well, even if you have the same (especially Paper Mario being listed there, hoo boy, I'm a big fan).

• Paper Mario 64
  • Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
  • Donkey Kong Country 1, 2, and 3
  • Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
  • Mario Party 3 and 6 (I've played all the rest as well, but like those 2 the most)
  • Sonic Riders
  • Star Fox Adventures
  • Star Fox Assault
  • Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
  • Pac-Man World 2
  • Pok?mon Snap
  • Diddy Kong Racing
  • Hydro Thunder
  • Mario Power Tennis
  • Kirby Airride
  • Burnout 2: Point of Impact
  • Zoids: Battle Legends
  • Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee
  • Banjo Kazooie
  • The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
  • Animal Crossing: Wild World
  • Pok?mon SoulSilver
  • WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Party Game$
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • Red Dead Redemption II
  • The Last Guardian
  • inFAMOUS Second Son
  • Detroit: Become Human
  • Pokk?n Tournament DX
  • Super Paper Mario
  • Paper Mario: Color Splash

That's all of the ones I can think of for now. I've also listed games that I really enjoyed as well besides favorites and nostalgia. For Paper Mario: Color Splash, I wouldn't normally recommend Sticker Star or Color Splash since they're not like the first two, but Color Splash can be really funny; it actually gave me some good laughs. Super Paper Mario has a really good story.

Last edited:
I'm listing my favorites or games that give me nostalgia as well, even if you have the same (especially Paper Mario being listed there, hoo boy, I'm a big fan).

• Paper Mario 64
  • Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
  • Donkey Kong Country 1, 2, and 3
  • Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
  • Mario Party 3 and 6 (I've played all the rest as well, but like those 2 the most)
  • Sonic Riders
  • Star Fox Adventures
  • Star Fox Assault
  • Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
  • Pac-Man World 2
  • Pok?mon Snap
  • Diddy Kong Racing
  • Hydro Thunder
  • Mario Power Tennis
  • Kirby Airride
  • Burnout 2: Point of Impact
  • Zoids: Battle Legends
  • Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee
  • Banjo Kazooie
  • The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
  • Animal Crossing: Wild World
  • Pok?mon SoulSilver
  • WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Party Game$
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • Red Dead Redemption II
  • The Last Guardian
  • inFAMOUS Second Son
  • Detroit: Become Human
  • Pokk?n Tournament DX
  • Super Paper Mario
  • Paper Mario: Color Splash

That's all of the ones I can think of for now. I've also listed games that I really enjoyed as well besides favorites and nostalgia. For Paper Mario: Color Splash, I wouldn't normally recommend Sticker Star or Color Splash since they're not like the first two, but Color Splash can be really funny; it actually gave me some good laughs. Super Paper Mario has a really good story.

That?s a good list and it?s pretty similar to mine! But OMG I forgot about Sonic adventure battle 2! I used to play it obsessively and work to get my Chao?s into the little characters that I wanted :) I loved all the courses too in that game. I wish they would make a remake

That’s a good list and it’s pretty similar to mine! But OMG I forgot about Sonic adventure battle 2! I used to play it obsessively and work to get my Chao’s into the little characters that I wanted :) I loved all the courses too in that game. I wish they would make a remake

I used to play that game ALL the time too! I loved raising my Chao and I would leave the game on all night (on purpose) and then wake up to see them all so different. It was so fun to do when I was younger.

Super Mario Bros. 3
Final Fantasy IX
Lunar: Silver Star Story
Lunar: Eternal Blue
Psychonauts

I could just list a ton of games, but ones I actually have a specific nostalgic memory with:

Super Mario World, Super Mario Kart and Splatterhouse I remember playing at my step dad's apartment when I was like 4 and my mum had first started seeing him.

Sonic 2 I remember playing with the two neighbour girls (absolutely no idea of their names. I as like 3 at most) and getting to Metropolis Zone.

My dad turned up on my birthday and that's when I got Banjo Kazooie.

The hype me and my friends had for Metal Gear Solid 3 and the ridiculous speculation of what stuff we would be able to do in it.

Playing Pokemon Fire Red and Ruby with my friends in the middle of a field like every day one summer.

Wearing the Pokewalker from Pokemon Heart Gold and seeing another person wearing a Pokewalker from their Soul Silver. 10ish years later we're still best friends.

my favorite, most nostalgic game is probably super mario world.

I could just list a ton of games, but ones I actually have a specific nostalgic memory with:

Super Mario World, Super Mario Kart and Splatterhouse I remember playing at my step dad's apartment when I was like 4 and my mum had first started seeing him.

Sonic 2 I remember playing with the two neighbour girls (absolutely no idea of their names. I as like 3 at most) and getting to Metropolis Zone.

My dad turned up on my birthday and that's when I got Banjo Kazooie.

The hype me and my friends had for Metal Gear Solid 3 and the ridiculous speculation of what stuff we would be able to do in it.

Playing Pokemon Fire Red and Ruby with my friends in the middle of a field like every day one summer.

Wearing the Pokewalker from Pokemon Heart Gold and seeing another person wearing a Pokewalker from their Soul Silver. 10ish years later we're still best friends.

I was really into Pokemon sapphire when I was younger. Also I loved banjo kazooie! Have you ever played the second one banjo tooie? It was one where he went to South America to those ancient structures, for some reason I remembered that sequel a little more.

- - - Post Merge - - -

my favorite, most nostalgic game is probably super mario world.

Yes they are classics! I?m trying to collect every one, but getting all the consoles and old games are so expensive!

The games that gives me the warmest, fuzziest nostalgic feelings are the games from the 8-bit era such as Super Mario Bros. and The Legend of Zelda. Those where the first two games I played. At least as far as I remember. Other nostalgic games are The Goonies II, Kid Icarus, Bubble Bobble, Ice Climber and Phantasy Star. Even a sucky game like the first Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles holds a special place in my heart. <3

Lol Stalfos, the sucky TMNT game for the original Gameboy also holds a nostalgic memory for me as well. As do Super Mario World, LoZ:OoT, and Pokemon Yellow. A few honorable mentions from me are Sonic(on the SEGA) True Lies(w/Arnold Schwarznegger for the...SNES?) and Robocop vs. The Terminator(SNES)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh, and also Mortal Kombat, Star Wars Squadron something, and Hey You, Pikachu!- all on N64

Here's my list (in no particular order):

• Ōkami
  • Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean
  • Baten Kaitos Origins
  • Eternal Sonata
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
  • The Legend of Zelda: Majora?s Mask
  • Tales of Symphonia
  • Tales of the Abyss
  • Tales of Vesperia
  • Final Fantasy XII
  • Final Fantasy X
  • Final Fantasy IX
  • Final Fantasy VIII
  • Kingdom Hearts
  • Kingdom Hearts II
  • Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
  • Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
  • Xenoblade Chronicles
  • Muramasa: The Demon Blade
  • Super Mario Sunshine
  • Super Mario Galaxy
  • Animal Crossing (GameCube)
  • Animal Crossing: New Leaf
The games listed were played during very content periods of my life. To me, they were all highly immersive and/or very beautifully designed games.

The games that gives me the warmest, fuzziest nostalgic feelings are the games from the 8-bit era such as Super Mario Bros. and The Legend of Zelda. Those where the first two games I played. At least as far as I remember. Other nostalgic games are The Goonies II, Kid Icarus, Bubble Bobble, Ice Climber and Phantasy Star. Even a sucky game like the first Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles holds a special place in my heart. <3

I love all those classic LoZ and Super Mario 8-bit games too! Although I’m a little younger so when I was young the N64 games were already out and that’s what I played a lot.
I think it would be really cool if we could get some of those classic famous 8-bit games to have had remakes :) like not even change the story too much, just have it in hd from a different perspective.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Lol Stalfos, the sucky TMNT game for the original Gameboy also holds a nostalgic memory for me as well. As do Super Mario World, LoZ:OoT, and Pokemon Yellow. A few honorable mentions from me are Sonic(on the SEGA) True Lies(w/Arnold Schwarznegger for the...SNES?) and Robocop vs. The Terminator(SNES)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh, and also Mortal Kombat, Star Wars Squadron something, and Hey You, Pikachu!- all on N64

Those are all great! I loved Pokemon yellow as well

- - - Post Merge - - -

Here's my list (in no particular order):

• Ōkami
  • Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean
  • Baten Kaitos Origins
  • Eternal Sonata
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
  • The Legend of Zelda: Majora?s Mask
  • Tales of Symphonia
  • Tales of the Abyss
  • Tales of Vesperia
  • Final Fantasy XII
  • Final Fantasy X
  • Final Fantasy IX
  • Final Fantasy VIII
  • Kingdom Hearts
  • Kingdom Hearts II
  • Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
  • Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
  • Xenoblade Chronicles
  • Muramasa: The Demon Blade
  • Super Mario Sunshine
  • Super Mario Galaxy
  • Animal Crossing (GameCube)
  • Animal Crossing: New Leaf
The games listed were played during very content periods of my life. To me, they were all highly immersive and/or very beautifully designed games.

That?s a great list! All beautiful fantasy worlds :) I have yet to play the newer Zelda games but I know I?m gonna love them. Also I just started playing Okami on my Wii and I love how beautiful the visuals look!

Last edited:
Wario Land 3, Super Mario Land, Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins, Spyro: Year of the Dragon, Spyro: Season of Ice/Flame/Attack of the Rhynocs(basically any Spyro game before ANB it went trash with that).

Also some GBC version of Pong.. old MS-DOS stuff.. ya.

Not necessarily in any order but..

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
Contra: Hard Corps
Super Castlevania IV
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Castlevania: Curse of the Moon
Super Metroid
Okami
No More Heroes
MadWorld
Tails Adventure
Warioland
Warioland II
Warioland 3
Warioland 4
Megaman X
Megaman X3
Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped
Super Mario World
Super Mario Land 3
Earthworm Jim
Earthworm Jim 2
Vectorman
Vectorman 2
Resident Evil remake

..probably a ton of others. Not sure some of those are as nostalgic as others either but listed them anyway.

God I have a lot
Destroy all humans 1 and 2
Spongebob battle for bikini bottom
Halo
Resident Evil 2
Animal Crossing City folk
Little Big Planet 1 & 2 (these games helped me through a hard time)
Minecraft
Sonic Riders & Sonic Riders Zero Gravity for the wii
Drawn to Life
Nintendogs
Sonic Colors
Sonic Unleashed
Left 4 Dead 1 and 2
There's also this monster game that I honestly can't remember the name of from when I was a kid but I played this game a lot, I think Rampage?? I honestly can't be sure

Horizon Zero Dawn, Mario Party 6, Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart Wii, The Last of Us, Detroit: Become Human, and probably more

My most nostalgia inducing games, in slight chronological order:

Pokemon Yellow (first game ever)
Ocarina of Time
Oracle of Ages
Pokemon Crystal
Golden Sun
A Link to the Past
Wario Land III
Harvest Moon A Wonderful Life
Animal Crossing GC
Pokemon Sapphire
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Harvest Moon Animal Parade

All of these played such critical roles in my video game journey, I still have most of the originals! After about 2007, games I've played don't really evoke a sense of nostalgia. But I imagine as time marches on, more and more will ~

I can only think of Super Mario Sunshine and Super Smash Bros. Melee tbh

Memories of playing together with my dad and sister ;-;

Back