• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

List your favorite and most nostalgic video games?

animal crossing: wild world is hugely nostalgic for me; it was the first ds game i ever got and i loved it for years aha. there?s so many other ds games that i had that filled up my childhood ranging from sims to harvest moon and all those games still have a spot in my heart c?:

Oh boy, I love Wind Waker. That game is so beautiful and everything about it is beyond perfect (SD version ONLY). The quests, the items, the mini games, the dungeons, the map, the islands, the colors, the music, the characters, the mobs, the setting. Even little details; the game's just jam packed with life and adventure. I mean...Forest Haven??? WOW I cannot believe such a masterpiece exists on earth.

If there was one last copy of Wind Waker in the world and I had to sacrifice myself to preserve it, I would. It's what the hero of time would have wanted.

Last edited:
Here's some games that are super nostalgic for me:
- Jak series (The Precursor Legacy was one of the first games I ever played and still one I adore to this day, along with the other games)
- Spongebob: Battle for Bikini Bottom (the only good Spongebob video game as far as I'm aware)
- Just about any main series Pokemon game Gens 1 - 5 (did I mention I love Pokemon)
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky (did I)
- Super Mario Galaxy (my favorite Mario game until Odyssey came along)
- Super Mario 64 (do I even need to say it, it's an absolute classic everyone needs to play)
- Ratchet and Clank series (I really love 3D platformers okay)
- Animal Crossing: City Folk (just look at what kind of forum we're on)
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf (do I really gotta say it)
- Super Smash Bros. Melee (I love Smash)
- Super Smash Bros. Wii U (Like I said, I love Smash)
- Mario Kart 64 (One of the first Mario Kart games I ever played, and for me it's not hard to see why this was regarded as one of the best Mario Kart games for a long time)
- Mario Kart Wii (it had Funky Kong so it's automatically the best game in the series)
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (again, it's a masterpiece, what are you doing listening to me talk about it, go play it)
- The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (one of the greatest sequels of all time to go along with one of the best games of all time)
- The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (definitely one of the better Zelda games, up there with OoT and MM, and also my first Zelda game)
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (did I mention I love Zelda)
- The Sims 2 (The Sims is one of the most infinitely replayable games I have ever seen, and I grew up with Sims 2)

Last edited:
Mine would have to be:

1. Mario Kart Wii
2. Kirby's Return to Dreamland
3. Paper Mario
4. Super Paper Mario
5. Kirby's Epic Yarn

There's plenty more, but these are the more prominent. :blush:

Last edited:
pokemon ruby, wild world, nintendogs dalmatians, dragon quest heroes: rocket slimes, and this disney princess plug and play game i had for my tv LOL

LoZ: Majora's Mask & Final Fantasy 8.

They are favorites I still go back and play when nostalgia strikes me.

Heck, my phone's entire theme as well as my smart watch's theme is Majora's Mask.

Computer too, come to think of it....

>.>;;; You know, I might be a little obsessive...hmm.

Last edited:
Looking back on it there's been so many ugh, I was a DS nerd... fell in love with handheld gaming the second I got Nintendogs. Wild World definitely has a special place in my heart and so many memories between all the things I did on there, the people I connected with back when we were so young, the neighbours etc. Pokemon Diamond/Pearl was also my first Pokemon game and I played it to death, knew both versions inside out, love it to bits. Mystery Dungeon Blue was the first game I cried over (traumatic memories of Sky Tower). Generally I was attracted to games that let me live a digital life away from the stresses from my irl one so anything nature-y and capable of that became my favourite thing for years, like New Leaf and Harvest Moon.

In terms of PC gaming I tend to have been limited by what my computers could run so the most high end thing was the Sims :p But I also love Team Fortress 2, my first FPS and it was easy enough to get into. I have a ridiculous number of hours on it despite not having played for about ~4 years now, hoping to get back into it when I've got a PC that can actually cope with gaming again.

Bust a groove-PS1
Animal crossing-GameCube
Super smash bros-N64
Super smash bros melee-GameCube
3xtreme-PS1
SSX 3-GameCube
Emperors new groove demo-PS1
Pok?mon gold-Gameboy color
Harvest moon friends of mineral town-Gameboy advance
Britney Spears dance beat-PS2

Last edited:
Naughty Bear-Xbox
I used to play it so often and still love it! I'm really sad because it's not compatible with the xbox one so I can't play it anymore. :'c I still have the game and refuse to get rid of it even if I can't play it now. I wanna play it again so badly, but don't wanna buy the older xbox to do so.

Last edited:
Most nostalgic?

Top 5.

- Super Mario World
- Super Mario Kart
- Mortal Kombat
- Animal Crossing
- Mario Kart: Double Dash

- mario kart ds
- nintendogs and cats
- animal crossing wild world
- animal crossing new leaf
- super mario world

Last edited:
- harvest moon ds
- harvest moon magical melody
- animal crossing wild world
- fragile dreams: farewell ruins of the moon

Pokemon Sapphire
My first Pokemon game and had a lot of fond memories playing it. I might be biased but Hoenn is still one of the best designed regions for me. You have an extremely wide variety of landscapes to explore. You got volcanoes, underwater, underwater caves, underwater ruins, cave waterfalls, desserts, tropical jungles, ice caves, among other things. Diving hasn’t made a proper return in the series with Black and White being the closest, but still lacking compared to Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. If there is one game I wish I could just delete from my memory and re-experience again, it would be this.

Animal Crossing Wild World
First Animal Crossing Game. When I first heard Animal Crossing, I thought of a game similar to Crossy Road but instead you are the driver avoiding animals crossing the road. When I saw some classmates having fun with it, I decided to give it a try and fell in love. While it may be according to some, the worst entry in the main series, it was a great entry point for me. I had never played a game where you simply live. Design your house, pay off your loans, etc. And since it’s tied to real time and there are new things everyday in the shops as well as change during seasonal changes, the game gave me something to look forward to everyday.

Super Mario 64 DS
First 3D Mario Game. I know Mario as a 2D platformer, but 64 was my introduction to 3D. I had a lot of fun exploring the maps looking for stars in every nook and cranny of each map. I really enjoyed the exploration aspect and the satisfaction of finding more stars.

Well, this will be quite a list of both old and new games... After all, the newer ones on this list will become nostalgic to me later. These are in no particular order other than grouping together games of the same series.
Also keep in mind I started playing video games during the Nintendo DS era... so anything older I of course got into late.
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue/Red Rescue Team
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver
Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald
Pokemon Battle Revolution
Pokepark Wii: Pikachu's Adeventure
Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer
Kirby's Pinball Land (My first Kirby game, believe it or not.)
Kirby Canvas Curse
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Kirby's Return to Dream Land
Kirby's Dream Collection (Possibly means the old games within this count lol)
Kirby: Triple Deluxe
Kirby: Planet Robobot
Kirby Star Allies
Paper Mario
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Super Paper Mario
Mario Kart DS
Mario Party DS
Super Mario RPG
New Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Odyssey
Super Mario Maker
Super Mario Maker 2
Yoshi's Island
Yoshi's Island DS
Yoshi's Woolly World
WarioWare D.I.Y.
WarioWare Gold
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (My cartridge broke and I miss it so much)
The Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds
Link's Awakening (I actually mean the Switch remake... I don't have the original)
Earthbound
Splatoon 2 (I feel like I have no right to list the first one since I only watched my brother play it)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Drawn to Life
Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter
Night in The Woods
A Hat in Time

I'm trying so hard to not list some of the games only my brother played like Super Mario Galaxy and Undertale... lol.
And of course I have played more games than are in this list... I left out a bunch of Kirby and Pokemon ones.
I also considered adding some of my CD-ROM games such as Pajama Sam and Nancy Drew, but this list is already too long.

What’s your list of your favorite and most nostalgic video games?
You can make a longer list, but I’m gonna try and keep it shorter and in order of favorites. Also please share why you love them :) I’m trying to look into great games to start a video game collection at home!

Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Paper Mario N64
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Harvest moon: Magical Melody
Harvest moon: A Wonderful Life
Harvest moon: Animal Parade
Animal Crossing (GameCube)
Animal Crossing: New Leaf/ Welcome Amiibo
Mario Party 3
Kirby 64
Kirby Air Ride
Pokemon Sapphire
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon
Sonic Adventure Battle 2

I really love RPG and story games that are really artistic. I find that the ones that have really deep stories captivate me! Most are older because I haven’t had as much time to explore newer games, but the ones I have played I still haven’t liked as much.

Harvest moon AWL, I used to play it for hours, days at my grandmothers who has now passed. I will never forget the times I spent fishing to get money, haggling with Van and taking care of my animals.

- harvest moon: a tale of two towns
- minecraft
- pokemon diamond/pearl, black, black 2, xy and oras
- animal crossing ww, cf, hhd and nl
- sonic heroes and super mario galaxy (i never played these but i used to watch my brother play)
- go vacation
- mario kart
- dragon quest 9

that's all i can think of off the top of my head since i've played sooo many games as a child, i mean i play a lot of games now lol
i just love video games so much, it's basically my whole life

updating this because club penguin lol, it's no longer avaliable but it was still a lit game i'll never forget

Last edited:
  • Super Mario Sunshine
  • Kirby Air Ride
  • Sonic Heroes
  • Mario Kart Double Dash
  • Animal Crossing Wild World, City Folk, & New Leaf
  • Mario Party 7 & 8
  • Looney Tunes Back in Action
  • Tom and Jerry War of the Whiskers
  • Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga
  • Kirby and the Amazing Mirror
  • Kirby Super Star Ultra
  • Ty the Tasmanian Tiger
  • Magical Mirror starring Mickey Mouse
  • Wii Sports Resort
There are more games that I've played during my childhood and beyond that, but it's far too much to list, so I only added the games that I remember playing a lot and growing up with and having so much memories playing these awesome games.

Pokemon R/B/Y
Pokemon G/S/C
Super Mario World
Donkey Kong Country
Harvest Moon DS
Just hearing the music brings me back

I was handed down a used Sega system, don't remember what kind, but it had a bunch of fishing and sports games I didn't care about. The only two playable games it had that I enjoyed was these two:
Sonic the Hedgehog
Darkstalkers

Gamecube:
Animal Crossing
Pokemon Colosseum
Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness
Pokemon Channels (I'm the only one that absolutely loved this game lmao)
Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee (I wish I didn't give this away to my childhood friend. 😭)

Gameboy:
Pokemon Leafgreen
Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team
Pokemon Pinball: Ruby & Sapphire

This is the farthest back that I can remember.

Jak and daxter, pokemon yellow and Crystal, kirby 64, pokemon snap.

Back