• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! We'll announce the winners for our Master Ball raffle and distribute your hard-earned arcade tokens soon.

Life in Skyleaf: Day 1, turning a new leaf!

Weavoid

Bells
[Welcome, everybody, thanks for visiting my new blog! This is going to be tales of my life in the town of Skyleaf, with entry (Roughly) each day. It will have a fair few things and I'll write it in a journal type style, as if I'm actually there. If you see these symbols '[' and ']', it means that the text inside is OOC (Out of character). Well, enjoy!]

Skyleaf, Day 1

Today was an amazing day, a great day! But odd, as well.

I was very excited in the early morning, as I'd just left my hometown and was on my way to Skyleaf! My parents have been great at supporting me, but it was time I moved out on my own.

On the train, I was watching the scenery go by when a cat interrupted me and asked me for the time! It turns out his name was Rover, and we had a nice chat. He also shown me a nice map of the train line that we were on, not that I could understand much of it. The train was then approaching the station, so I said my goodbyes and I entered Skyleaf to start my new life and turn a new leaf!

As I left, a welcoming party was waiting for me and they all shouted a nice loud greeting for me. Then, a yellow dog approached me and claimed that I was the town's new Mayor! This came as a shock (I was certainly not Mayor material!)!

She took me to the town hall and introduced herself (She's called Isabelle, my secretary) and we filled out part of a TPC (Town Pass Card) that officially marks me as a resident (And Mayor) of Skyleaf. Oh, but before it could be completed, I needed a place to live, to I went off to Nook's Homes (The local housing agency) and a raccoon who goes by the name of Tom Nook allowed me to pick the site I wanted for my home.

I picked a nice, secluded spot next to a river and the beach. Tom looked around the area and declared that I could live there. He marked out the plot of land with a rope fence and gave me a tent to rest my head in until the house is built. He then told me to pay a down payment of 10,000 Bells to pay off to cover the costs of the land. He then left to return to his shop and I went back to Isabelle to complete my TPC.

With my TPC safely in my pocket I wandered around town and greeted the other villagers. They all seemed nice, luckily!

I then had a bit of a chat with Isabelle and I went around, getting to know the town. Isabelle also kindly gave me some apples (Skyleaf's native fruit is cherries) and a fishing rod (For a modest fee of 500 Bells, of course). I then caught a few fish, and before I knew it, it was the afternoon!

Back