• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia Korean War Mafia-Town Wins!

Oh. Well that happened. So I think D4 is LYLO which is bad.
Right now it's
3 v 1.
Night kill
2v1
ML would be 1v1. We all need to make formulated opinions on Dad and Locket. Vanessa is clear from PoE imo and Lockets been coasty af. Lockets clear was too fast. I'm going to ISO Dad tonight. Dad, ISO Locket. Vanessa, ISO Locket. Vanessa, don't bandwagon on what Dad says. Create your own opinions on Locket. I need to see where Dad is scummy.

Punchy how in the world is Vanessa clear? If anyone is damn near clear it's Locket.

Punchy how in the world is Vanessa clear? If anyone is damn near clear it's Locket.
How? It could have been a mafia not paying attention. Vanessa hasn't acted like past games where she was mafia. Locket's been eerily quiet recently. Afraid of obstructin the townclear?

I'm pretty solid on it not just being a case of mafia not paying attention. Mafia keeps track of end of cycle times and would in the least be making sure their kill died before posting. Not only that but the death post for Evan was so small even Evan didn't realize he was dead. So yeah, I feel strongly that it was a townslip.

Which by process of elimination alone brings it to Vanessa. Who has done well to modify their meta or learned from that scumgame how not to post. Either way I am going to have to build a case to choose her over me here because I fully expect any three of you would park a vote on me, no questions asked.

Punchy Locket is the one who would've sent the kill in on Evan given there is only one mafia left
How could she not know Evan was dead

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't think she's experienced enough to be like "I'm going to pretend I didn't know this person was killed so I look like town"

- - - Post Merge - - -

Dad said:
Also I want a 48 hour day because this is gonna end up being Call Ships to Port pt 2 if Vanessa has the same stamina as Kayla.
Oh sweet kracko

ISOing now.

Nul on Antonio because idk how to read is content tbh

You just...didn't know how to read his content? And that's your reason for nulling somebody? At least your other nulls in this post had a little more reasoning behind them, such as their content being NAI, but there was something that could be read at this point already from Antonio.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Cal defended himself really well and is making me question my scumlean on him. His wishy-washy stance on Punchy is the only thing I still find suspicious about him, however I don't feel as confident lynching him today as I would have yesterday. BTW, I'm not super active because I'm working, not because I'm "trying not to sound scummy" or whatever you said

I found it a bit weird how on the page 10/11 convo between Dad and Gavin, Gavin went back and forth between saying that Cal's locket vote was suspicious, then maybe we need more time to tell, then no it's still suspicious, then he also susses Cal for reasons already stated and not just the Locket vote (I don't want to quote all the posts just go back and read pages 10 and 11 they're not that long.) However, when Bianca said that it seemed like Gavin was being more careful, he said this:

This isn't really something I'd see him saying as mafia. So I'm not comfortable lynching him today either.

Why did you forgo recalling some of this stuff about Ghost when we all lynched him if this is how you thought? Was it just because you were just like 'well we have a mislynch so lets striaght up just get him out of the way because it looked like Antonio was trying to clear him'? Because if not, I'd like to know why you weren't really doing much outside of this yesterday.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm going to be in deep trouble should he end up being scum but so far it looks to me like more of a play-style change than scum Gavin

Seemed pretty intuitive at the time but you knew he was going to flip town in retrospect.

- - - Post Merge - - -

d8505c1de6c3a5487f7e1aef12426f8c.png

Given I know Vanessa is scum now I will concede that I was wrong in thinking it was a bad bluesnipe attempt and that it actually wasn't a direct setup to make me look bad, but a means of planting a seed of doubt about my alignment. Plus, I was probably looking like I might have tunneled Locket that next day so that is why I was kept alive over someone like Bianca. Then cops and cop's clear happened so kills happened in those.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hmmmmmm I don't like this. After everything that has happened in the thread so far you're going to vote for Locket based on that one post? I mean I'll go back and look at her other games but isn't she always sort of like this? And what's wrong with Bianca?

Also

- - - Post Merge - - -

I started typing up a much bigger reads list last night but I had to work until 8pm (like 5 minutes ago) and I don't feel like finishing it so I'm making a more concise one right now. This is ordered from most townie to least townie. Tbh my stances are pretty similar to Evan's.

Cal/Evan - I totally sussed Cal at the beginning of D1 for his conflicting stances on Punchy, but then he started changing his mind about everyone (which I don't think scum would do), asking good questions, being aggressive and overall acting very towny and reflecting his meta from last game. He was also against the Kate lynch, points for that. Evan's reads list is pretty solid as well. So Calevanity is my strongest townlean for sure.
Bianca - Calling everyone scummy, wanting to lynch inactives (which I'm pretty sure she said earlier this game) and speculating on the setup are all things I have seen town Bianca do in past games. Scum Bianca (in my first game, which I can't recall the name of at the moment, the one where the whole #vanessaislying meme originated) literally just showed up, dropped a vote and left. She also had a different tone overall which she doesn't have here (she would start her posts like "Hi everyone!") So for these reasons I think she is town, however I would definitely like to see some reads from her assuming she is alive tomorrow.
Dad - Ok so originally I thought Dad choosing to vote Locket over Ghost, who he had been actively questioning, was very weird, but now that I think of it, why would Scum Dad vote for someone who nobody else was voting for? If he wanted to push a mislynch, wouldn't he just vote for Kate or Cal? Unless he is partners with Locket and trying to distance himself? Or just trying to confuse everyone? The last two are possible, but I've liked the rest of Dad's content overall so he is a townlean.
Punchy - I don't like his vote on Cal but at least he had reasoning for it. He's reflecting his town tone. Tbh I don't have much else to say about him which is why he's middle-of-the road in my list.
Locket - Cal vote is very sheepy and bandwagon-y. Reads list was all towns and nulls, however it reminds me of another game (American politics? maybe?) where her she was town and her reads list was like almost all nulls. That itself is definitely not scum indicative, however I've never seem scum Locket before so I don't really know what to look for. So I'm going to have to put her as third most suspicious for the Cal vote and lack of content.
Antonio - tbh I don't know what to make of his posts and this is mostly PoE and he just seems compatible with my top scumlean.
Ghostkid - ok. ok. ok. Did I just do a complete 180? Yes. Does that look suspicious as kracko? Yes. But hear me out. The only reason I really townleaned him before was because of the emotion in his posts, and how I didn't think he could fake it. But looking at posts and actions, he's definitely the most suspicious one here. The weird Cal sus/surprise reaction test, the sudden vote on Kate, the tone change....regardless of your alignment Gavin, you've definitely improved a lot this game and should be proud, but I'm gonna have to go with my gut and accept the fact that you could still use emotion in your posts as mafia. If he isn't scum, I really don't know who is.

This is the post that made me townread you the most, along with how you seem to be asking game-forwarding questions throughout your play here, so good job on this acting.

Why did you say 'assuming she is alive tomorrow' in regards to Bianca here, though?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Placeholder voting is not underwear.

lmfao I forgot about this exchange

- - - Post Merge - - -

1. The "oh no :eek:" seems like a very fake reaction
2. Soooo if he didn't know there could be more than one vanilla townie he's clearly not a vanilla townie :eyes:

Mostly just following what I started on Antonio here. I think she called her partner a loss here when she realized the big dog sunk his teeth into Antonio and wasn't going to let go. There's no way she was going to disagree or just not comment on the glaringly bad scumplay Antonio had here.

Also, as a side note, I have to wonder if Antonio did the cop claim on his own without consulting the quicktopic because that's hella something I wouldn't let my partner do day 2 but I am pretty sure Vanessa is skilled enough to know at this point that you don't do that in a day 2 like this game's.

Ooooooooo dang *drinks tea*
I'm more inclined to believe Punchy for sure. He was super suspicious of Cal all last phrase so the inspection makes sense. Also as I mentioned before Antonio/Gavin did come off to me as a setup, the way Gavin instantly townlocked Antonio and was like "he investigated me because I'm super scummy" (the way he answered for him made it sound like they were working together imo, as I quoted before)
Other option is an Evan/Punchy team (I mean hey I did say Cal/Punchy in like one of my first posts because of Cal's flip-flopping stance on Punchy). Punchy tunneling Cal could've been a strong bus. But Antonio/Gavin seems more likely to me rn

Good god do you need to explain to me how this turn from a townread on Ghostkid to scumreading this as a partnership based on that specific moment from Ghost's side wasn't opportunistic because you were saying earlier in the thread that you felt more that this is a playstyle change from Ghost than a scumplay by Ghost, when his reason for not blaming what he thought was cop Antonio investigating him was because of that self-awareness of a playstyle change.

Also if you're going to toneread Antonio for saying a fake 'oh no' then you're being hypocritical with the little 'sips tea' and 'oh krako' lines.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I know that's what I was thinking
The experienced part
Not that I'm scum

You already seemed sus of me here, I was the only other living player with a decent amount of experience. But then again you weren't concerned with having to face me until you had to. Which is now. But planting little seeds of doubt like you did here doesn't hurt.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Aaaand as for the rest of Vanessa's ISO, pages 43-45, it's her setting up that by PoE it's Ghost or me, and that's all she really talks about instead of providing actual content. The reason this is filler is because we all already know that has to be your PoE.

Dad said:
planting a seed of doubt about my alignment.
You know that's what Kayla said all the time when she was scum right :)

Dad said:
Also if you're going to toneread Antonio for saying a fake 'oh no' then you're being hypocritical with the little 'sips tea' and 'oh krako' lines.
Omk he literally put :eek: emoji, that's the fakest thing I've ever seen
I say kracko all the time don't you dare scumread me for that

I'll respond to the rest when I take a break from work but those two absolutely critical issues needed to be addressed immediately

ISOing now.

You just...didn't know how to read his content? And that's your reason for nulling somebody? At least your other nulls in this post had a little more reasoning behind them, such as their content being NAI, but there was something that could be read at this point already from Antonio.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Why did you forgo recalling some of this stuff about Ghost when we all lynched him if this is how you thought? Was it just because you were just like 'well we have a mislynch so lets striaght up just get him out of the way because it looked like Antonio was trying to clear him'? Because if not, I'd like to know why you weren't really doing much outside of this yesterday.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Seemed pretty intuitive at the time but you knew he was going to flip town in retrospect.

- - - Post Merge - - -

d8505c1de6c3a5487f7e1aef12426f8c.png

Given I know Vanessa is scum now I will concede that I was wrong in thinking it was a bad bluesnipe attempt and that it actually wasn't a direct setup to make me look bad, but a means of planting a seed of doubt about my alignment. Plus, I was probably looking like I might have tunneled Locket that next day so that is why I was kept alive over someone like Bianca. Then cops and cop's clear happened so kills happened in those.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also

- - - Post Merge - - -

This is the post that made me townread you the most, along with how you seem to be asking game-forwarding questions throughout your play here, so good job on this acting.

Why did you say 'assuming she is alive tomorrow' in regards to Bianca here, though?

- - - Post Merge - - -

lmfao I forgot about this exchange

- - - Post Merge - - -

Mostly just following what I started on Antonio here. I think she called her partner a loss here when she realized the big dog sunk his teeth into Antonio and wasn't going to let go. There's no way she was going to disagree or just not comment on the glaringly bad scumplay Antonio had here.

Also, as a side note, I have to wonder if Antonio did the cop claim on his own without consulting the quicktopic because that's hella something I wouldn't let my partner do day 2 but I am pretty sure Vanessa is skilled enough to know at this point that you don't do that in a day 2 like this game's.

Good god do you need to explain to me how this turn from a townread on Ghostkid to scumreading this as a partnership based on that specific moment from Ghost's side wasn't opportunistic because you were saying earlier in the thread that you felt more that this is a playstyle change from Ghost than a scumplay by Ghost, when his reason for not blaming what he thought was cop Antonio investigating him was because of that self-awareness of a playstyle change.

- - - Post Merge - - -

You already seemed sus of me here, I was the only other living player with a decent amount of experience. But then again you weren't concerned with having to face me until you had to. Which is now. But planting little seeds of doubt like you did here doesn't hurt.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Aaaand as for the rest of Vanessa's ISO, pages 43-45, it's her setting up that by PoE it's Ghost or me, and that's all she really talks about instead of providing actual content. The reason this is filler is because we all already know that has to be your PoE.
I'm stealing this colour coding thing from azuri

Ok if I was scum with Antonio don't you think I would say something more intelligent about my partner in my reads than "I don't know how to read his content." Like that's just too obvious. I would be hyperfocused on distancing myself from him and would make sure to say something that doesn't look bad and sketchy.
To be fair, I actually said something similar to that about Endless in RHOM (I said like "he's too good for me to read how am I supposed to know" but he's a mafia mastermind and I wouldn't do the same thing again.

"Why did you forgo recalling some of this stuff about Ghost when we all lynched him if this is how you thought? Was it just because you were just like 'well we have a mislynch so lets striaght up just get him out of the way because it looked like Antonio was trying to clear him'?" Yeah that's actually exactly how I was thinking. I did think he was scum when Antonio flipped, but as the day went on and he continued to use AtE I became pretty sure he was town and you were scum, but I knew we had time to get both of you so why not lynch him first to be sure. I couldn't be bothered to convince everyone to lynch you first, especially since I was at work all day yesterday

1. I'm actually laughing at how you used "planting seeds of doubt" twice when that was literally Kayla's signature scum line in CTSTP 2. I think you've been planning on framing Locket this whole time tbh. Bianca susses Locket every game so you probably killed Bianca to make it look like Locket fearkilled her. Then you randomly sussed Locket out of nowhere before the whole cop hullabaloo, and then you went BACK to sussing her when we all began to think Antonio could have set Gavin up. When she townslipped and you could no longer suss her, then you turned on me.

Thank you I'm glad my reads list wasn't trash for once. But it's not acting. And I said "if she is alive tomorrow" because you never know who could be killed so I didn't just want to assume she would be there the next day to give reads. To me she was being pretty town-like so, while she wasn't the kill I was expecting, I wasn't totally shocked. Obviously, seeing that she actually died, that looks pretty sus. But why would I be like "lol she might not be here tomorrow" if I knew I was going to kill her? That's just bad

Meh I don't really have anything to say about this, other than anything you say about me/Antonio as a team could easily apply to you/Antonio. He probably did the whole cop thing when you weren't in the quick topic. When I finish typing up this post, I bet I can find proof of that.

Yeah I even said myself that the switch looked sus as kracko. But it's as I said before, I was only townreading him based on his AtE. His actions and tone change were all very questionable. When I made that list, I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt, that he's a good enough player to fake AtE as scum. Later on I changed my mind but I already explained that.

Good grief this really is Dad vs Kayla part 2. Except this time you're Kayla

- - - Post Merge - - -

I will like to claim as dude who could get people's alignment (I'll have to look at my private message to get the role name later but I'm out with my biological mom having an amazing day so I'll be out for most of today) because I don't want this game to end quickly like my previous game. The reason why I couldn't say anything because I would be a target to mafia because I can see their alignment if I picked them. I would like to type more but I'm busy with my mom and I don't want to waste time. I'm sowwy :c

I'll answer questions when I get back. I picked ghostkid and dolby said he's Town through dm.

Bai c:

Why did you choose to investigate ghostkid?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hey if he's telling the truth maybe Locket is scum and killed Bianca because Bianca susses her every game

Catching up and skimming the thread and boy this is juicy.

So here's what we should do: lynch between cops. You have a 50% chance of eliminating scum today and a 100% chance tomorrow, should a vig not exist and do it for us should we mislynch. If we lynch correctly here we have 1 scum vs 5 town tonight. Incorrectly, 2 scum vs 4 town.

tbh I tend to trust the first cop claim more but there felt like no reason to do it here, and having studied calamity's townplay closely as his coach, I still trust my townread of Evan and the result from Punchy, another townread of mine, feels good. Plus the whole 'can there be more than 1 VT' dumbtell was very obviously a dumbtell imo and the claiming afterwards makes this one of those rare cases of me trusting the counterclaim more than the first claim. I'm staying on my vote.

Anyone who wants to vote outside cops is scummy af imo.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also DO NOT MASSCLAIM

You should listen to me here because I've played smaller games like this that turn into near-auto-games in situations like these, and massclaiming can really screw the chances for that up.

Aha I knew I could find proof.
Above are three posts. Antonio's was made at 3:01 PM on June 14th. Mine was made at 3:32 PM on June 14th. I was actually the first person to post after Antonio made his claim. Clearly, I was around when this all went down. If I was his partner, I could've stopped him from making such a silly move.

Dad's post, however, was made at 1:49 AM on June 15th. This is the first post he made about the matter. so he clearly was not online when Antonio made his claim. He, Antonio's actual partner, couldn't have stopped him. I, if I were Antonio's partner, could have and would have.

Also, unrelated reminder that killing Evan and blocking Punchy instead of just killing Punchy was really smart as it evaded a potential doc save (doc definitely would've been on Punchy lbr), and I'm not that smart so it was definitely Dad who did that and not me.

We can just settle this by massclaiming at the end of night. There is one other blue left. massclaiming before EoN clears that one person and narrows down who I should investigate.

LOL I actually really enjoyed the term 'planting seeds of doubt' and began to use it as both alignments in em games after she used it that game because that is a legit thing scum do and it was an unphrased behavior up until I saw her use it. ALSO WHERE DID BIANCA SUS LOCKET? It was me day 1, not Bianca. But hey I guess you have to grasp at straws to put logic into a Dad Biancakill.

On the phone at work though so I will expand on this and address other points when things slow down.

LOL I actually really enjoyed the term 'planting seeds of doubt' and began to use it as both alignments in em games after she used it that game because that is a legit thing scum do and it was an unphrased behavior up until I saw her use it. ALSO WHERE DID BIANCA SUS LOCKET? It was me day 1, not Bianca. But hey I guess you have to grasp at straws to put logic into a Dad Biancakill.

On the phone at work though so I will expand on this and address other points when things slow down.
She never sussed Locket in this game. But in other games I remember it being a running thing.

What do you think is the benefit of massclaiming? I feel like you're getting killed no matter what

- - - Post Merge - - -

I was planning on claiming right after night ends

It narrows down who I will investigate, and depending on the order of claims, I can root out the most likely claim

I think you've been planning on framing Locket this whole time tbh. Bianca susses Locket every game so you probably killed Bianca to make it look like Locket fearkilled her.
[/QUOTE]

If it didn't have to do with this game then you were pulling it out of your ass. Especially since I don't know something so specific about a very specific aspect of Bianca's meta. And good god is that a meta fish and really reachy means of trying to rationalize a reason for me to kill Bianca.

Also that massive quote took like 7 minutes to snip on this old ass phone fml.

- - - Post Merge - - -

AND IT DELETED THE FIRST PART OF THE FORMATTING.

Ok, I have a valid reason to sus Dad now. He hasn't objected to the mass claim. I mean, come on. Even I knew this was a bad idea. This was a reaction test for Dad.

I hardly care about acknowledging you rn Punchy, Vanessa already gave an objective explanation not to.

Ok, I have a valid reason to sus Dad now. He hasn't objected to the mass claim. I mean, come on. Even I knew this was a bad idea. This was a reaction test for Dad.

Good job poncho

- - - Post Merge - - -

I think you've been planning on framing Locket this whole time tbh. Bianca susses Locket every game so you probably killed Bianca to make it look like Locket fearkilled her.

If it didn't have to do with this game then you were pulling it out of your ass. Especially since I don't know something so specific about a very specific aspect of Bianca's meta. And good god is that a meta fish and really reachy means of trying to rationalize a reason for me to kill Bianca.

Also that massive quote took like 7 minutes to snip on this old ass phone fml.

- - - Post Merge - - -

AND IT DELETED THE FIRST PART OF THE FORMATTING.[/QUOTE]

No I wasn't "pulling it out of my ass", it was pretty memorable to me it was the first thing I thought of when I saw the Bianca kill tbh

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh RIP my formatting now

- - - Post Merge - - -

But regardless of the Locket/Bianca connection, you were still setting up to sus Locket for awhile

Back