Invite amiibos or go Island hopping?

cheezu

Bells
Switch
0044-9828-4409
Cake
Pear (Fruit)
So I have some amiibos that I definitely want to have as permanent residents in-game at some point... However; I also enjoy island hopping - granted that it doesn't always yield the most favorable results. lol...
I need a good jock and a good snooty and I don't really have cards for those... so I was wondering if I should just hold off on inviting amiibos for the time being and look for potential villagers on the islands (plus I also have 10 villagers at this point so I'd obviously have to kick someone out which is a little bit mean... lol).
What's your approach to the villagers this time around?
Do you want to collect your dreamies as soon as you can? Are you willing to meet and befriend other potential villagers first?
What would you do?

Well I have a lot of amiibo and I didn't find island hopping fun so much as it was extremely frustrating. I did shelve all but one of my NL residents though so 9/10 of my current town are new to me or I ended up liking them on PC. Also two of my residents (duplicate personalities) are allowed to leave if they want so I can meet new villagers over time.

Maybe go island hopping first and pace yourself. It's good to do some island hopping and farm some resources. Not to mention, you may come across some villagers you might not even think about that you fall in love with.

However, from what I understand you do get DIY projects from Amiibo you invite to your campsite, so it's worth doing just for that, I'd say.

Island hopping as I have no amiibos (yet)! I'm okay with waiting as long as I get my dream villagers in the end, plus as a relative newbie it's still kinda fun meeting others anyway

I have amiibos but have also been holding back a little on using them to get my dreamies. I moved Coco in with an amiibo because she is my number one, but other than that I have enjoyed taking it a little slow and going to islands or letting randos move in. It gives me a chance to experience villagers I've never had before and I would love to have more of the new villagers introduced in NH.

Why not do both? Amiibo campers take 3 invites before they'll stay. You can collect recipes each day and choose NOT to invite them at the last minute if you found someone else on the islands.

If nook miles are scarce, I'd plan for 2-3 islands each day and have an amiibo camper simultaneously. This way you'd get to meet new islanders and also have the option to invite your camper if no one catches your fancy on the mystery islands.

If you have a spot open, go ahead and island hop.
Amiibos can be used any time, even with a full town, to get someone to move in (granted, after like 3 days.)

I don't have Amiibos but find it really rewarding when I hop islands and find the perfect villager. It's like putting in the hard work and getting a great reward. but do it your way and enjoy the game either way!
I will say I have found rare hybrid islands a few times while hopping for villagers so there are advantages to it.

I prefer island hopping, especially considering you will always be able to use amiibo to replace villagers if you don't find the exact ones you want.

I want this game to last as long as possible, and if I just instantly get all my dream villagers by amiibo I'd probably lose interest. Hunting them is half the game.

i like scanning in my amiibos two times and then waiting until i have an empty plot, at which point i go island hopping and if i dont find anyone i like i just scan it for the third time that day and get the amiibo villager. that way you get the excitement of finding someone you like on an island without the risk of a random moving in if you cant find anyone.

If I want to island hop, I do that first. I'm also working on the amiibos I would like to move in sooner rather than later in case a villager wants to move out. I'm determined to stay at 8 villagers for now, so it is a waiting game until one of my normal villagers wants to move out.

Only island hop if you have a free space!!

Personally islans hopping is fun to me. Not only do I get a bunch of materials but I also get to meet a ton of potential new villagers and possibly find someone I've never had before and like the look of!

i honestly don't love having a town/island full of dreamies so early on, so island hopping is the way to go for me! eventually i'd like to try scanning in a few amiibos though!

Island hopping is kind of a huge waste of time imo if you're looking for one specific villager... might as well invest in an amiibo card at that point
but if you're not picky I like it because it has the benefit of not only resources but furniture if you go around and shake all the trees (I got a ton of cool stuff last time I binged on the tickets lol)

Amiibo cards, I already used them to move in Sally, Genji, Static, Poppy, Marshal and Francine.
It's not like it was in NL where they would rarely talk about moving, Marshal was trying to move just yesterday.

Also, I don't want to waste my NMTs.

Back