• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Which villager do you always have?

eeveelovee

🔮 Pokémon Master 🔮
Bells
Island
Ashlar
Yellow Balloon
Pink Balloon
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
Crystal Tree
We all have favourites! I have always had Pecan, Kiki and Fauna in all my new leaf towns, as well as on my new horizons island!

What about you? Who are your villagers that you always have?

Beau! I had him in one of my New Leaf towns, and currently have him on my New Horizons island! He became my favourite villager as soon as I saw him on a list of every villager in New Leaf prior to its NA release, and he’s still one of my absolute favourites to this day. He may not be my #1 favourite anymore, but he’s still beyond special to me, and I can’t imagine not having him in every game that he appears in now. If he’s in future Animal Crossing games, you can bet that I’ll have him. 🧡

I also try to have Tangy and Kiki at least once in every Animal Crossing game I play, though sadly I‘ve yet to have either of them in New Horizons. I had them both in Wild World and New Leaf, though! Tangy was the very first villager that I met on my very first Wild World save file, so she’s very special to me. Kiki is a black kitty and reminds me of my late black kitty, Zeva, so she’s special to me as well. 🖤

Antonio the anteater is the only one. I love long-nosed animals, so when he randomly moved into my Wild World town when I was 11, I was over the moon. I missed ONE day of gameplay after more than a year and he moved out, which crushed my heart, so I had to bring him back in NL so I could heal.

I actually prefer to have all-new villagers in each town and was going to shoot for a different anteater instead in NH, but Antonio was my random starter jock when I got New Horizons on release day, and I just didn't have the heart to restart and try again. Guess he was very committed to hanging out with me!

I love Kid Cat, he was the first animal crossing villager I liked, and Ive had him on every island ever. But I'm super attached to my current ten, like Croconaw said, I'd also try to have this group again.

Can't imagine myself with any other villagers.

That would be Axel. I've had him on every main game that I can remember, except for Wild World - I can't remember anything about my villagers on that game. I like to have him pass through every game at least once, although I like to change things up with each new game so he doesn't always stay.

I have a fairly long list of villagers I always try to have in my AC games: Joey,Tutu,Pinky(she's been in all of my AC games since the Gamecube),Merry,Kiki,Felicity,Nate,Filbert,Marshal,Wart Jr.,Static,Hans,Jambette,Henry,Tangy,Lyman,Nan and Melba.I don't usually start out with all of these critters but they always seem to find their way to my towns or islands in the end.

Dizzy, because he's my favorite villager. A very kind member here gave me his amiibo card, iirc, during the new leaf amiibo update days, so I always know I can invite him whenever I want.

Other than that the only villager I can think of in recent memory is Scoot. A few months before ACNH launched I completely restarted my new leaf town's theme into a tropical theme. Scoot was the last villager that moved into that version... and then soon after ACNH came out. I only ended up map resetting for Tansan like 10 times before I settled, and the starter villager of that island was coincidentally Scoot. In my head I imagined that Scoot of Tinytree followed me to Tansan, lol.

Well, the main three for me right now are Lopez, Dotty and Mallary.
  • Lopez is straight-up awesome. A lot of the stories I've written here on TBT involve him, so you could say that he may replace Bob as my all-time favorite someday. I love his antelope appearance, and that confident smug look he gives others really makes me like him more. Some say he wears eyeliner, and whether or not it actually is (I argue that its part of his fur, just my opinion), he pulls the look off so well. He's got his own appreciation thread, made by yours truly. Though he only became a permanent resident in my New Horizons island, you can bet I'm taking him with me in future games.
  • Dotty, like I've mentioned various times here, is a female version of my childhood pet. Though simple in appearance, I absolutely adore her, and think she's an absolute cutie. I've even made her my camp caretaker in Pocket Camp. That's how much she means to me now, and I want her in all my towns.
  • Mallary's been in all my main towns since City Folk, my first game in the series. Though she's not my absolute favorite villager of all, she's now my favorite duck villager, and I'm making a commitment to having her be a resident in all my future towns as she's the one I've remembered best.

phil! i actually had him on a previous island… and the one before that. my current island, he was actually the first campsite villager i believe. i’m pretty sure he’s stalking me but i love him so it’s alright, haha.

Edit:

Gotta add Sherb. Just because in every game he's always my starting lazy. I like to think he follows me from island to island, and that makes me happy. I find him a handful of islands when he's not with me,

He loves being with me, and I'll never leave my little blue goat alone ♡
---
Raymond came from my very first island, I had a friend hold him for me. He's also the only one who's given me a nick name xD he's my special cat perfume comercial cat.

I go out of my way to not repeat villagers across games, and if I do decide to use a villager in a new town/island, I'll move them out of their original town/island and replace them with someone else. Both because there are so many villagers available that it seems like it would be a waste to repeat and because I'd like to keep an internal consistency where theoretically all of these towns/islands can exist at the same time. Having the same villager in multiple games would ruin that for me.

Jay. I tried in New horizons not to have Jay for a few months but it felt so empty without him. Now I don't play as much but during my New Horizons phase I would change all villagers around expect for of course Jay. I was curious how different animals would react to him. Most of them ignored him lol but there were also a few that had fun interactions with him. For me Animal crossing is not the same without him.

Puddles and Boots!

I would love to have Merry and Peaches as well, but haven't gotten them yet in nh.

I do find myself missing 2 villagers that I let move out - Bud and Elvis. Maybe eventually I'll get them again.

Drago: He is my favourite villager and he's a dragon. I can't stress enough how much of an importance it is for me to have Drago. Without him I feel like my town is empty.

Phoebe: As one of the only uchis I like Phoebe is usually my choice. I have had her in almost every town/island I have had and will probably get her again if given the opportunity.

I will always have Aurora in my towns/islands. I have always loved penguins and she was the first penguin villager I had. In NH she showed up in my campsite a few days before I adopted my puppy Aurora.

I've only played New Horizons and Pocket Camp, but I was determined to have Megan and Goldie in both games. I spent around 105 Nook Miles Tickets on mystery tours to find Megan. I never came across Goldie in that time, as far as I can remember. I came across Goldie well over a year later, when I was looking for a cranky villager, but I did have to invite her when I found her!

Overall, my favourite villager is now Agnes (she was my sisterly starter on NH), and I couldn't imagine having another town without her! 🐷💗

Back