• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

is it worth leveling my island?

jokk

Bells
Switch
0608-8649-7288
Orange (Fruit)
Tasty Cake
Orange (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
Tasty Cake
Cherry (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
June Birthstone (Pearl)
i want to hold onto my villagers, money, progress, etc, but i'm feeling pretty stagnant with my island. ive already leveled/cleared it and restarted once before, and it was definitely worth it. but this far later is fear that if i level it i won't have the motivation to make it look great again. have any of you hesitated to start over? did it revive your interest in the game or was it discouraging? :)

ooh, yeah... i did that once. ended up starting completely over with a new island haha. i didn't have it in me to rebuild my entire island from the ground up. good luck with it, though! it seems like you've done it before, so i bet you've got it in you to do it again.

Leveling, yes! Restarting, uh...no. I share the island, so can't reset. But I'm able to level, which I have done. Several times.

Usually, I'll move all the house to the beach or to one corner of the island, flatten it all, then start building again. I plan to do this again soon, lol...

I couldn't restart I would feel so sad loosing all the items and things I have unlocked or collected.

I find keeping the same island but completely remodelling it or giving it a new theme helps me not want to restart.

I thought about restarting my main island but didn’t want to lose everything so instead I bought a second switch and loved starting over. On my second switch I am on my third island and each time I had restarted I hesitated. It’s easier when you have two islands and can get things back easier. I also saved some items like photos and event items that I collected over the year of having the island. I just moved them over to my main island. Each time I have restarted I have had so much fun. I love the beginning of the game and seeing who randomly appears on my island. Also it’s nice to make different themes. I am pretty set in my villagers for my main island so it’s nice getting to see different villagers.

Back