• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Inside Villager Houses?

MayorZak

A Bear
Bells
Switch
3258-9057-5410
I invited Stitches to my island because he's baby and I love him but the inside of his home is so ugly ;;;; he has a compacted dirt floor and literally none of his furniture from previous games. My other 4 villagers aren't much better with their indoor decorations but Stitches is one I'm particularly sad about lol.

Does anyone know if this changes later or are villagers just doomed to have ugly indoors?

If you give them furniture by saying "this is for you" when prompted they add it to their homes, so in a way we can kind of influence how their houses look. The wallpaper and flooring, im not so sure.. I agree what they start out with is.. Odd. Save for a few. Candi has the cutest home I have seen thus far, and honestly, it's not even that nice.

I haven't been focused on if they add furniture to their homes by themselves or not but I thiiiink they do.

I guess they wanted to make it like the animals progress right along with you.

Give it a bit of time and eventually they'll craft up their proper house layout.

I think each personality type starts off with a certain style interior. Tucker has a house like you're describing and my friends Filbert has one exactly like Tuckers. It seems that as time passes their houses are beginning to change though. I'm holding off on giving furniture for now just to see what happens.

I realised the 3 villagers you build houses for, have such bad furniture and wallpaper :c they don’t have what they’re supposed to originally have. So maybe that’s your case with Stitches?

Do villagers mess up their houses with fossils and fish/bugs in this game? Fauna asked for a bitterling and I told her to get her own.

Four of my villagers (the ones that moved in later) have absolutely adorable/awesome houses (especially Pango and O'Hare), but my two original villagers are stuck with such ugly block furniture. I want to give them cuter stuff, but my catalogue is still fairly empty. I'll have to start collecting nice things for Teddy, though. He deserves a nice house!

Do villagers mess up their houses with fossils and fish/bugs in this game? Fauna asked for a bitterling and I told her to get her own.

Ugh, they do! Do not give them fish/bugs. I had to learn that the hard way :|

none of my villagers have ugly houses per-say but they are rather uh,, underwhelming. i think that even if you don’t give them any furniture/wallpaper/carpet, they’ll slowly craft their own stuff aha

Back