• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

šŸƒ Gondwana šŸƒ Island Journal & Memoriesā€¦

Island/Town Name
Gondwana
Hemisphere
North
Native Fruit
Pear

Drawdler

Profile comments open to water flowers šŸ’āœØ
Bells
Switch
4463-2469-1897
Island
Gondwana
White Pansy
White Pansy
Purple Violet
White Violet
Yellow Rose
White Rose
White Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Golden Watering Can
Hi! I founded this island way back in March 2020. A lot of the history just survives in vague screenshots rather than real notes I made, but later on, Iā€™ll do my best to share what I can of that. There have been a lot of ups and downs with this island and even now there are, but that makes me more attached to it. I will make it perfectly imperfectā€¦

I donā€™t strictly stick to a theme, but Iā€™d like it to be very naturalistic. Not foresty, not overgrown, not ā€œcottagecoreā€ but with lots of flora, things like wood, nothing too urban, some tropical bits. Any theming is more a result of me trying to keep the look/feel consistent rather than push a certain look, honestly.

Current Map and Residents:

1A877FB2-BFDB-459F-94A3-A4997894371A.jpeg

Iā€™m Emmy, yeahā€¦
The only other residents who are permanently staying are Bettina and Tammi. Even then Iā€™ll probably cycle everyone out to re-order the houses in the listā€¦

The second player house is Guest, which I used to use for things like going on extra Kappā€™n tours and buying more art from Redd. I haven't used that account in many months now. Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™m literally keeping that house as Guest. Iā€™d like to name my extra players after characters I like, like Himeno (Chainsaw Man), or Raven (Guilty Gear).
  • Jacques- he was my first Smug. Iā€™m very fond of him and heā€™s the closest I think we have to a crow villager. Heā€™s fairly hard to let go of, but ultimately what it comes down to is that I already plan on having another bird (Phoebe) and that makes it feel like Iā€™ll be missing less. Jacques will end up like a ā€œbackup planā€ where if I do change my residents again later, Iā€™ll consider him. Hard. If you canā€™t tell I LOVE birds, especially corvids.
  • Leonardo- I found him randomly on a Mystery Island and I thought he looked extremely cool with his jacket. I checked his house and it seemed cool too. He was my best friend and favorite for a long time but he doesnā€™t have much theme or purpose on this island anymore. First photo I got too. Thatā€™s going to stay in my room. Heā€™s been so chill.
  • Raymond- ey. I found him the day before my birthday in 2020. I said I would pass him up while I was looking for Kiki but yā€™know what? I found him in 20-30 tickets. Then I saw his expressions. Very cute. Liked him more for the memes. I kept him. But yeah, heā€™s had his time to shine.
  • Drago- a totally unique villager but as Iā€™ve said elsewhere, heā€˜s kind of ā€been hereā€ for a long time. I like to imagine little drama and relations between my villagers, but Drago doesnā€™t particularly have synergy with others and Iā€™m not sure where I would want him on my island anymore. Heā€™s kind of had his time too. Super cute and kinda hard to let go of but I can move on.
  • Tasha- same kinda thing as Raymond, but I always planned to look for her. I love the squirrels so I was sure I wanted one- It was between her and Marshal. My two favorites. Ultimately with Raymond moving on, Tasha is moving on with him. Ironically, Iā€™m switching them out for Ankha and Marshal, two characters of the same species and personalities.
  • Audie- same sort of thing as Tasha. Lobo will fill the position of wolf on my island.
  • Pashmina- Very cool goat. Iā€™m fond of the goats but moving on from her. I did always settle a bit for her instead of Reneigh, Iā€™m not sure why, maybe I was tired of islands that day. Sheā€™s very cool, but Iā€™d like to invite Reneigh over her.
  • Rasher- this guy is extremely cool, I love him for being ā€œuglyā€ and funny and his pineapple shirt. Heā€™s like a crotchety guy on vacation. I just have better choices once again though.
I have all 8 of their photos! And hey, while itā€™s very hard to let some of them go, sometimes doing the hard stuff feels better, yā€™know? Really makes me value who I will inviteā€¦

Bettina and Tammi are some of my favorite villagers altogether, theyā€™re staying. Bettina is wonderful and sweet and has such a cozy theme I want to keep on my island. Tammi will take on a similar aesthetic to Audie with the island bar thing but some more arts & crafts and cushion stuff with it like sheā€™s the decorator of the island. Also, Tammi. As you can see, last villager I found for my island. That was a looooong search, all my villager searches seemed to take hours but hers made me worry that I would run out of tickets! Ironically, I donā€™t have their photos since Iā€™ve wanted to keep them around so Iā€™ve been in no rush.

Former villagers, as far as I remember:
  • Rex- very forgettable Lazy villager, a starter. I liked him at the start of the game, but I canā€™t really tell you why. I have some of his old letters and some pictures from when he was there but yeah.
  • Gladys- another starter and a nice villager, but ultimately not that special to me.
  • Goose- my starting Jock, once I had Leonardo it felt like Gooseā€™s days were numbered. I know lots of people hate Goose, but I donā€™t get why. I think heā€™s pretty okay.
  • Sprinkles- adorable starter peppy, but ultimately felt like penguins didnā€™t fit my island and let her go. Honestly, I might consider her again these days, although obviously I donā€™t have enough space, sheā€™s still be a nice sort ofā€¦ treat vendor, someone with frozen treats, cushionsā€¦ kind of like Audie again. Beautiful colors, very cute all around. I felt lucky to have her, those are some good memories.
  • Agnes- my starting Sisterly. She was really hard to let go of. I canā€™t remember why I did but Iā€™ll remember her fondly. I donā€™t really have a reason to invite her now, but yeah. I wanted to get her photo before she left, but I never did. Moving cycles are so long I didnā€™t want to wait on it anymore.
  • Raddles- had this guy in 2020 and honestly hated him since it reminded me too much of reality, plus I donā€™t like how Lazy fits him. These days, I think heā€™s sort of okay, but Iā€™ll always feel personally iffy about him.
  • Vlad- I almost forgot him, but he was a random move-in. I didnā€™t have him for very long. He was kinda fine, kinda funny, kinda forgettable.
  • Dobie- I actually had him twice. Awesome villager, the wolves are a hit. The only one I donā€™t care much for is Freya who is still decent, everyone else is great. Ultimately feels too ā€œgroundedā€ for my island I guess? But Iā€™ll remember him fondly for sure. Lovely villager.
A8354ECA-5FC6-46FC-9006-FDC81B677A5B.jpeg

Iā€™ve gone on and on about inviting new villagers, but Iā€™m not ready for this yet. So I said no! Iā€™ll get the amiibo I want soon, heck, Iā€™m getting amiibo of some old villagers for the memories.

Drago has acted real close to me too, and I know this is nonsense but it feels like he knows heā€™s going. I spent some time with him and Audie in the plaza today. They just decided to hang out together. And Raymond butted in and got the side-eye. :) Silly cat has done many silly things in his time here.

2EB99372-C7F1-4B35-A0AF-D3C9CC2E6E48.jpeg

00D2D630-8F59-4F15-8A20-F6B110E8212F.jpeg

I will say- I forget my native flower, I think itā€™d be tulips- but I would like to share one ancient memory. The hybrid mystery islands! I got tulip and hyacinth hybrids from them. Why they never came back Iā€™ll never understand, those were really fun.

Time for an image dump! :D Lotta pictures incoming, sorry if this causes lag. I know this is going to take multiple posts since I have so many images (and I think this should also help with any lag?), Iā€™ll spoiler these for now. And I swear I wonā€™t do this every day or something, Iā€™m leaving so many right now just because I just started this thread. If thereā€™s an issue with it, let me know, I donā€™t mean to be spammy.

Iā€™ve posted some of these on another thread already, but I figure they should go here, Iā€™ll explain a little more and most importantlyā€¦ I took them recently so Iā€™ll post them while I still have them organised.

F659F4CE-6270-4E27-B880-BCD25D0E4C6F.jpeg

Iā€™ll start off with my house, the front of my house, some areas close to it- and just so you know a lot of these photos will be taken at night. Iā€™m very night owl and I tend to take photos of locations at night when Iā€™m more ā€œdoneā€, even if I donā€™t always think it looks better. Is pink my favorite color? Nah, red is, but itā€™s my favorite for this context. The cherry blossom items remind me of when the game came out, I played so much and grinded so much for those items and I still think they look great. So I decorate with the petal piles.

B1AACD37-E215-4D60-90B6-2ACFE3BF63A2.jpeg
8BCB2C66-FC8F-4603-95FA-DF7ACBEEC988.jpeg

Here they also are in my basement! This is my bathroom. I decided pretty early on to place this in my bathroom, I wanted to use that zen pool as my bath- and I thought putting it in the basement was the only room it really fit for me. I could have used the back room, but that would have been a hell of a cramped bathroom and you know what? This really did end up being the best room for my bathroom. Itā€™s spacious but cozy and really, the design has hardly changed since 2020. Iā€™m extremely proud of it since i designed it so early and a lot of my design from back then simply didnā€™t hold up or was missing a lot. This one doesnā€™t feel dated at all to me. It didnā€™t need partitions or counters and the accent wall was simply a nice addition. By the way, if youā€˜re wondering, some of the petals are just custom design tiles which I never see people use indoors? Why not? XD

Another early idea I had, and this is the only other room Iā€™m willing to share photos of right now, is that I wanted a gamer room for my main room. I wanted to play with lighting a lot in the entire house so that also carried over here. The idea didnā€™t change a lot, but thte specific items in this room kept changing up until last year.
The villager photos at the back are my excuse to flex them! And theyā€™re like a scoreboard. I will replace them with my final lineup.
To be honest, I think this room might fit another playerā€™s house better, but thatā€™s up in the air for now.

EA0766E8-1302-404A-B741-E56D494A4DC2.jpeg

The idea is that around my house there are valleys and thereā€™s a river which flows down from that pond in front of my house. Even this place has gotten minor adjustments in the last couple of days/since these photos, like adding some pumpkin-themed items, but hey. I just make minor iterations like that.
Functionally this is my farm and the idea is that I package and sell these. Especially to Nook. Actually accurate to how I made so much money. :p Conviniently my farm is also directly behind that store so I just have to hop over the river to sell, and Bettina has a little farm which I also pick and sell (totally for her) and thatā€™s close-by too. Once I start decorating around the northwest, Ankhaā€™s house will go there, thatā€™s probably where Iā€™m putting my gold roses, and Iā€™ve found them to be decent profit too.

Thereā€™s space reserved for a house here, to the right, you canā€™t see it in these photos, but that will be my ā€œspookyā€ house and library.

4819330F-6282-4A66-8D6A-ECBDC25A9DFF.jpeg
25664DCE-C8DC-4B4F-B3EF-2492ADDC037E.jpeg

7E95B079-86F1-4E1B-A01A-DAD1836BB97D.jpeg
5CE3767F-FDD2-46C1-AE2A-3FC92BF927E4.jpeg

So outside Iā€™m still working on several areas. Iā€™ll start by showing off this beach which is pretty finished instead since Iā€™m actually pretty happy with it. This is next to a little square for half my villagers and they can go and party here. The beach chair/that little garden are a bit up in the air but that wonā€™t be difficult to change.

470B5BF3-D4CC-4FD3-873D-6C5C62E0C2E4.jpeg

And I may as well show the square and stuff next to it too- this is fairly unfinished though. For the record those partitions are placeholders for garlands.

1E1C74F7-A38D-4D8E-AE1C-18B2F0A865C2.jpeg

More fairly ā€œfinishedā€ locations outside.

Bettinaā€™s yard.

48103555-D7B7-4AC0-B2D0-F6D388E17242.jpeg

Rock garden behind Dragoā€™s house (which will be Tammiā€™s).

245BE810-2E31-43BE-9131-5E9D29F9B16F.jpeg

I thought about adding cliffs behind that garden for a long time and I finally designed that a couple of weeks ago! The front of the museum still has work to go, Iā€™m sort of uncertain how I want it to look, but hereā€™s the cliff leading to it and the front of the museum itself. I definitely want sort of functional dig sites in front of the museum. Itā€™d be nice to make all fossils/gyroids spawn here but I understand that would be too difficult for me to design right now. Not really because of space but because the game doesnā€™t like spawning them ā€œbehindā€ things and there are trees ā€œin front ofā€ my dig sites. Space is already limited so I guess itā€™d spawn weeds instead.

Dom left those skateboards there. He doesnā€™t live here but donā€™t ask how. He makes Zucker skate with him and Loboā€™s is off to the right. The inclines are like natural extreme ramps.

6E8B20F4-3D97-4796-9491-B88A8BD81E58.jpeg

1262A7D0-F0CC-4775-96C6-CD30CFB4D1CA.jpeg

Hereā€™s another area I put a bit of work into. This spot used to be where I bred hybrids and I actually got my blue roses from here but I now have all of them so thereā€™s no need. I always wanted to make it like a deserted/pirate/adventure area. The only way to get here is by climbing or with a wet suit or maybe a vaulting pole. I never even need those so I donā€™t carry one anymore.

E4CE54D5-7622-4AD4-9618-01ACC816ACA8.jpeg

7ED49A34-BE10-4EEB-BA6F-C8606EA76573.jpeg

Lightining round! This is where Zucker will live.

BB8C09FC-AA05-44C6-827B-E1733BDE9739.jpeg

BDEB4885-55EA-4A74-AE37-57511F9AC0B5.jpeg

ā€¦ I have no more space for attachments, so TBC. :D

Attachments

• 566FB25D-536B-45F6-8514-B1BCECD76574.jpeg
    566FB25D-536B-45F6-8514-B1BCECD76574.jpeg
    257.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 10509A37-236A-409D-B317-A244D2859BF4.jpeg
    10509A37-236A-409D-B317-A244D2859BF4.jpeg
    266.9 KB · Views: 22
Continuing from the last postā€¦

Iā€™m not sure if I think Tammiā€™s current house is best for her. I actually copied this a lot from one of my own HHP designs. I donā€™t have a photo handy but originally I designed Cocoā€™s house in HHP basically the same with some different coloring and a couple of different items. I liked the design so much I really wanted it on my island and Iā€™ve made it Tammiā€™s house for now. It actually has jungle ambience and the monkey noises from that fit her so hey. I always think of that.

B6194765-924C-497D-B497-B3888B392286.jpeg

2FD5DCC3-8E32-468B-A4D5-DEB048809F6E.jpeg

Hereā€™s a ā€œbrighterā€ redesign Iā€™ve tried messing around with. Even though it might convery the role I want for her better and it fits her palette I simply donā€™t like it as much. Iā€™ll keep messing around with it anyway. I wanted to open the curtain partition but I canā€™t do that in room sketch. /:

ECF82A58-7BB0-4674-9FBC-E69689386D4E.jpeg

F36EEB84-A3FA-42FC-B9A3-5A31E7986F43.jpeg
4B225D68-FA97-45B3-80A4-85BCCC749D93.jpeg

ā€¦ Wait, thatā€™s it? Iā€™m at the end? Pretty much, now. Thanks if you read all this. :D Iā€™ve shown this off before, but to end off, Iā€™m really proud of Bettinaā€™s interior so Iā€™ll share that now.

3969EF06-F211-4A55-BF61-51D328DF9F0A.jpeg
E3FD52C5-160F-4BCD-8C77-EE6540F40BFB.jpeg

ā€¦ Yesterday she invited me over twice! I keep thinking about what she said when I left. This raises so many questions.

2A44FDB0-0FE8-4DA2-A879-D655BB5DF071.jpeg

Just a couple more pics of Drago. Thatā€™s really really it! Sorry for so much right now, lol. I just wanna sayā€¦ the first pic is an awkward kinda rare camera angle, wow.

1084A118-6871-4CE0-82B1-81877D4EFEDD.jpeg
C2C3680E-7233-4B45-82D1-1C1C13789AF0.jpeg

If I did keep Drago heā€™d fit in there or continuing to maintain the stone garden. But alas. I want an octopus on my island terribly since I adopted them into my aesthetic recently and Zucker is my favorite. The other things I said still hold true too.

ā€¦ Last photo frfr, I wasnā€™t sure if I had this on my card. Bettina drinking coffee when sheā€™s getting ready to sleep! How silly. And sheā€™s right, I looove her house and I love spending time with her :)

376C04D4-B349-4C63-9391-300FF771F197.jpeg

Last edited:
Itā€™s been a pretty sleepy day both outside and in the game. As in I slept half the day. I visited a few random dream addresses at the same time as my partner and we talked about them. Now Iā€™m not going to make this about random dreams I visited because that really has nothing to do with my town (and the creators might not want me sharing them on a random thread here), but we bust out laughing when we saw this random basement and I absolutely have to share it.

7BAE7351-B5A8-4A85-9F6F-2F9E206242C1.jpeg

More importantly Iā€™ve decided to spoiler a lot of images regardless since that probably looks nicer and I want to make my posts a decent length. Iā€™ll leave more ā€œimportantā€ pictures un-spoilered. So yes. I am implying that the image above is the most important part of this thread so far. :p

68094317-29DF-4D4A-AC8D-BCA87C77EEA5.jpeg

I honestly forgot that I played this early, but hereā€™s a photo from 6AM, or just before then. This is a little picnic hill by my house you can get to by using obscure ladders. People are fixed on 5 AM and itā€™s true that itā€™s one of the best songs in the game but 6 AM is overlooked as a result. Did the lame 6 AM song from New Leaf sour people that much? I kid I kid. Wild World has the best 6 AM theme anyway, Iā€™d time travel to that hour just to have it playing it as a kid.

Label was in town and I forgot for ages. (Reading this back, apparently later on, I forgot that I even mentioned her.) Audie sent me something and I thought the letter was pretty cute. Itā€™s a veiled gardening hat which I think is decent. Color doesnā€™t suit me though. It matches the color of the card! I like mint but I know it isnā€™t my aesthetic in this game.

9C160699-2A91-48E6-8C57-36A48A90DB44.jpeg

I spent a bit of time visiting my partner too. I should explain that debacle. I had hundreds of leftover DIYs in my storage and my partner is new to the game so I handed them over while they were in my town. It went pretty good, but I got up and cooked some steak and in the meantime my console went into sleep mode. I guess I overestimated my speed in cooking that. I figured it would have autosaved at some point and saved those DIYs but nope! So I had the pleasure of repeating that. :D The second time around I dropped them in my partnerā€™s town though. We both like Sly who is a starter in their town.

59E0AD15-4A9A-4BEE-AB18-5A77A93E927F.jpeg

It makes me realise how much I like alligators ingame. Maybe Drago will stay. ā€¦ Drago no you are not staying if you eat someone. Yes fam my partner has a Naoto outfit.

9A958AD1-9637-439D-A971-FFCC4FD65E1C.jpeg

Maybe he could have some goofy dynamics with Zucker, and even Ankha, and he kinda goes with Phoebe since both are mythical, and has this naturalistic look to him. I always imagine heā€™s a good swimmer/fits in the sea, so I can build something around that too. Zucker obviously can swim, heā€™s an octopus. Drago can be like the gentle giant (and Lobo is just more rough). Maybe he eats all of Zuckerā€™s food because itā€™s to his taste and they actually have some drama between them. At this point Zucker will just be the awkward angel who accidentally ends up in drama with everyone else. Maybe Drago just doesnā€™t have dynamics with my current villagers and could shine soonā€¦ Iā€™m getting amiibo of my old villagers so I donā€™t have to sweat this too much but I really get deep into it.

DRAGO YOU CAN DO THIS WITHOUT EATING PEOPLE

4C5FD07A-ED88-4596-9E19-4BC4152CBF24.jpeg

Maybe if you got your face out of the tree, youā€™d see nothing is wrong!! I suppose he really does like natureā€¦ hahā€¦ Look this is just a really funny screenshot and he scooted between these two spots twice. XD Every time I hang around him, he lays down on the ground and scoots between spots and nudges and slightly changes angles over and over, itā€™s cute and heā€™s the only one I see acting that way.

6F14E2CD-F6B9-4682-B3B8-5A5401BA4B9C.jpeg

I love returning to my island and getting this view. It feels like I get to see everything Iā€™ve done. It would be cool if you could just freely fly over your island like this for fun.

63DBAA0C-E18F-4020-8C5F-CA1F3E249FC0.jpeg

There was also a ā€œskylineā€ in my town too. If you look in the photo of Sly you can see there was one in my partnerā€™s town. Twinning.

2E5E1790-FDEC-4FD2-8677-A82D0C854B3D.jpeg

Did I even mention yet that Label was visiting? I donā€™t really understand why they changed her name from the old games. But they did! Anyway, I think this outfit actually turned out super well. There are nicer pants I could have used Iā€™m sure, but I just happened to have these. I got Labelle pumps in return. Hi, Leonardo!

B9F12AF6-F954-426C-87C2-1ABE6BBEB627.jpeg

While my partner was visiting Tammi was actually using her furnace, so that was pretty cool to see. Bettina invited me over yet again today; while Iā€™m on the subject, poor girl canā€™t actually move a tile in her house, but I just like to pretend sheā€™s waiting at the door to serve people/stand out of the way like a butler or waitress or something? Iā€™ll have to get the Normal recipes Iā€™m missing online at some point if she isnā€™t going to use her house for cooking or DIYs. I canā€™t remember what she gave me once I left but it wasnā€™t her photo and Iā€™m not offended but Iā€™m really surprised that I donā€™t have it at this point. Last week I got Audieā€™s photo as I was leaving her place.

C615D44A-70E4-4EC9-B13D-81932FD5EABF.jpeg

Aye Drago. Iā€™m Australian. Sā€™truth.

31B54480-DCE1-488F-B5F3-EB56F043C3FF.jpeg

So yeah, I fell asleep for a while and when I got up it was quarter to 10. This time ingame always gives me this familiar urge to hurry up and do what I need at Nookā€™s Cranny. It isnā€™t stressful because Iā€™m so comfy with it and it feels nostalgic at this point but I had to turn down an invitation to Tashaā€™s house because of it unfortunately. That did pay off since I caught and sold a shark just before they closed.

63335C6F-506E-44B6-B0F8-1277DCF420DB.jpeg

Iā€™m not telling you his secret. Heh.

Last thing I did pretty much was todayā€™s Kappā€™n Tour, then stretch. I keep forgetting thatā€™s in the game and itā€™s wasted potential for a rhythm minigame, Iā€™m sure plenty of people have shared that sentiment. It seems like I get a lot of NPCs when I do stretch. I like how Orville and Wilbur bookend this group.

4188E186-770F-4706-B85B-CDC102F7B628.jpeg

My luck on that island was pretty good, I got onto a glowing moss island, found a golden stag instantly, then a couple more rare beetles. But my luck ran out and after this photo I didnā€™t really find anything that valuableā€¦

AA313A78-40FB-4702-A0D7-D3D0BA836B0F.jpeg

Itā€™s always fun catching fish from a higher cliff. This was an arapaima.

3267DA42-760C-47FA-B104-A76E6F15012A.jpeg

Jacques said ā€œwelcome to my castleā€ when I checked in on him and I find that pretty funny because right now, I have a giant sandcastle around there. I decorated some of those castle items to be in wood-grain or whatever and I think they totally look like theyā€™re made from sand, especially when you put shells as a decal on the side. Iā€™m not sure how well it will fit my layout but Iā€™d really like to make use of this idea. Darn tiny beaches. Iā€™m not really willing to make a larger sand patch I think.

322A018B-34CE-4374-8532-D0AAFCF1DD5C.jpeg

I lied again, sorry. :D The last thing I really saw before I turned off the game was Bettina singing. Itā€™s one of those situations where she just sung and turned away seconds after I got my camera. Oop.

435691FC-7A7B-47DF-BF15-E45EDBCEA1A7.jpeg

By the way, if it isnā€™t obvious the flowers are just on beaches as a placeholder/temporary spot. Flowers overrunning my town is annoying but so is running out of a flower I want to decorate with.

ā€¦ Plus Tammi was at the roost. Hi! (Bye!)

70216DBD-1A3E-40C3-8777-0C85DB2D4C4E.jpeg

I realise these images use a lot of space visually, and wether or not itā€™s considered an issue Iā€™d like to improve on that, so in the future Iā€™ll make some sort of templates/compress images in a nice way. I donā€™t really enjoy ā€œeditingā€ visual elements (ironically) so improving on that is something which might take a bit of time.

If itā€™s any consolation maybe Iā€™ll get Xenoblade and maybe Iā€™ll get my computer fixed soon? Which means playing other games more again. :D It wonā€™t stop me from playing NH, but if my updates slow down, thatā€™s why.

Last edited:
Lemme be real folks, I wasnā€™t expecting anything tonight. I woke up and played a bit in the morning, I kept fussing over some interior design and I tried out a bit of HHP. That just turned into me using Hamphreyā€™s home as a makeshift secondary room sketch. None of that was important, itā€™s beside the point. Iā€™m jumping way ahead but I was actually blessed with insane luck tonight. :D

I totally forgot I had a campsite visitor by the time I woke back up at night and I actually yelled when I saw who it was. No way. (My partner just had Audie in camp two days ago too. Weirdly amazing luck for both of us. I guess weā€™re in sync.)

78C8DBB4-610A-47AB-8DB6-F4C084DF4338.jpeg

So let me jump waaay back to 6 AM. I forgot I ordered a quaint painting, but thatā€™s new for me! So there you go. Iā€™ve lost track of which art pieces I have to get, but itā€™s probably around ten more.

B3CAD63F-AB60-4CAE-BEE7-7AFB3B98D042.jpeg

Never realised how pretty The Roost is in the morning either. Dunno why the windows in the museum are showing an orange sky though! That ainā€™t right.

368ED0CF-E8C3-46E0-817D-BABE69C8E239.jpeg

Honestly, I basically went to sleep after this. I donā€™t really feel like sharing all the HHP stuff I did, because honestly, I canā€™t focus on that right now. :D But even aside from my campsite villager I was very lucky finding two new recipes today!

A9EA6DB1-E1E3-4095-9F90-AD890E8F14A4.jpeg

A5078FFE-045B-410D-B046-1D499C80BE59.jpeg

Iā€™m surprised that Iā€™m still missing glowing moss recipes at this point, but New Horizons be New Horizons, I suppose. I also found two gold nuggets, a Horned Hercules, two Giraffe Stags (but I scared one), a Scarab Beetle, two Golden Stags and two Giant Stags on this island. I think I found a bit more like some Red Snapper but those really stood out. Iā€™m glad to find more Horned Hercules hoping I can get its model from Flick on my own. But if I resort to getting it online, thatā€™s fine.

Itā€™s not the same, but these islands are the closest we have to Tortimer Island beetle hunting I suppose. So I appreciate being able to do that here even if itā€™s only in Summer now. Summer there and Winter in real life for me. Fun fact, Australia has no snow for the most part (really only when the weather is extreme or if youā€™re in Tasmania or on mountains), Iā€™m surprised how many people donā€™t know that. Iā€™ve never seem snow in my life! The houses are pretty cold thoughā€¦ totally rambling.

9F54ACE3-2E94-4DC2-AC45-C10C3BF459A3.jpeg

When I got back I knew how I wanted to redesign Dragoā€™s home. To be honest, Iā€™d put it off a lot considering I wasnā€™t sure if I wanted to keep him and just thinking of how to change up certain elements. It wasnā€™t as difficult as I built him up to be. This is now the third variation of this design Iā€™ve made (I came up with it for Coco in HHP and since then changed various items for Tammi and now Dragoā€™s home) and I donā€™t know if I like it the best of them. The other two function better but this feels super full and yet maybe crowded at times? However, I like the cozy feel for Drago and I like turning this into more of a bathhouse than cooking nook. Iā€™ll see how I feel in the future.

2AFF1647-A8F9-4CA6-9760-9515A3A1D15F.jpeg

A3C7349B-9F26-4FE9-89FF-F49C672D2A9C.jpeg

DA5BF656-8301-430A-8EC5-9595EFCF50F9.jpeg

DA4EA789-9E73-41AF-99A7-553CAEEA77CA.jpeg

BBDB42EE-A65F-4879-B3F3-78674DFF5FB3.jpeg

E209723A-CBA1-4A20-8AB0-2F0A8FFBFD65.jpeg

To explain a little of the design changes- so, Shinoā€™s picture. I donā€™t have exact lore ideas for her, but yā€™know she has that oni look, so I think that implies something a little creepy. :D Let me say Iā€™m figuring out what kind of guy Drago is and he can actually be sort of headstrong, of course heā€™s have some connection with her. Like sure, itā€™s a nice photo, but on my island not everything is as it seems. One day Iā€™ll solve exactly who Shino is too- she isnā€™t moving in here so it might be difficultā€¦ but one day. And Drago insiiists on having his gyroids on the wall so they arenā€™t gathering dust on the floor. Dunno why heā€˜s so particular about them. Totally not so he had space to walk at all.
It would have been really nice to include a bit more ā€œblueā€ but itā€™d pretty hard to get what I had in mind. Thatā€™ll do. Now as for the exterior I might post about it later but Iā€™ll say I wish the zen/asian/board exteriors had something in a mild sea green, Iā€™d have liked that kind of sea blue look for this house. Clay exteriors might have something that works for this plus the furnace-looking light on them suits a dragon. Iā€™ll see.

F099BF88-0117-4865-9F9E-E3E0A3EDF609.jpeg

Now. Right now. Here comes the boy. I know heā€™s very very popular. I know some people are sick of him. Iā€™M NOT. XD
As for the first pic. I was shocked I forgot we had a visitor. Iā€™m so used to having ones I donā€™t care about at all that I almost didnā€™t check.

D4C8B580-C9FC-4F54-A526-45DE8F494658.jpeg

Well. Lucky me!

E9E3CDFE-786D-43FB-9E9A-999E3E4C24AF.jpeg

85566CDD-D4BB-44BF-ABC9-91ABE8C22D0A.jpeg

I beat him in the red/black card game and he gave me goggles. Then literally everytime I spoke to him, he told me how he felt like moving in. I lost a red/black card game trying to invite him in, then he just said he was obligated not to, then he straight-up said ā€œyeah, Iā€™ll move inā€.

63AA2E02-6BAD-49CE-BB8F-B9E55903CD78.jpeg

F753727F-E1CA-49E8-B0E1-2CB722B03AB1.jpeg

You were a G, Pashmina. Thanks for being here.

0F248D29-3FD5-4D6C-AA14-26D4B8C1876E.jpeg

CD83080C-B988-4132-9168-D37B1CC6EEF7.jpeg

So there you go. Thereā€™s today. A pretty fast-paced but important day.

Yā€™know, in New Leaf I was lucky enough to get Marshal randomly in my campsite, after I decided I wanted him. Totally fate man, Iā€™m not someone who crushes on villagers or something, heā€™s just too ADORABLE. Serotonin marshmallow. :D

Update time. IRL I had a rough last couple of days, to say the least. Still got a bit to share.

The day after inviting Marshal, I happened to get up pretty early, like two minutes before the new day. I swear this wasnā€™t intentional, but I found that funny.

9FAB385B-37C1-4EE7-8CBD-0749C7904C87.jpeg

The day chimed over and I had a look around. Bettina was home. I didnā€™t realise how nice her home looked at 5 AM since at the start of the day Iā€™m usually walking around other areas. Inside her house was a bit of a mess though. X_X

7C557DFE-6403-45C4-891A-55F6B72BD2C6.jpeg

910E6CE3-F8F1-4195-AB8C-9D6774631DD5.jpeg

Bettina, please? Are you not worried about the space in your home?! I suppose this answers the question of wether she can cook. I wonder if she can do DIY. Lesson learned? If they canā€™t reach their cooking space from the entrance, they wonā€™t use it, I suppose. I thought she had two functional spots, but since she canā€™t walk to themā€¦ there you go. Not canon!!

Gulliver washed up behind my dock that day, so I guess everyone was scatterbrained. I thought this was actually sort of a neat-looking spot for him to flop. I helped him out and recieved a Turban in the mail the next day. Let me just say digging for parts when your beaches are covered in so many flowers just ainā€™t the best experience.

18BEAB70-DE65-43D8-AB2A-F9CCDA53D7DD.jpeg

funny thing- in my Nook Miles + one task was to catch a Horned Hercules. I noped out of that. Way too difficult. I suppose that bug wants to stay my enemy. XD I had a bit of hope before I went on a Kappā€™n Tour but I got sent to a Fall island. Iā€˜ve long since collected every Fall recipe so this was pretty useless for me. I also forgot my ladder but at least the gyroid fragment here spawned somewhere I could reach.

68B2633A-7F8E-43CA-A14D-562D7EF25223.jpeg

ā€¦ Nevermind the coconut I trashed there. Itā€™s compostable and itā€™s in a video game so it isnā€™t littering. :ā€™D (Donā€™t litter, the main sidewalk to my main mall has litter and glass that never gets cleaned and I hate itā€¦)

One neat thing that happened on the 22nd was that different bushes started to bloom. I didnā€™t take a picture since it wasnā€™t really interesting, but I was pretty surprised when I realised my hydrangeas stopped blooming. Just poof. No receding buds or anything. But the hibiscus bushes around town started to bloom, which looks cute next to my rock garden.

DB2E5D43-7CD7-4963-BFCF-059A8D8B7623.jpeg

4FE15368-D4DA-4C60-95AF-1937658EB644.jpeg

Went back to sleep. Just a couple of mildly goofy things happened. Drago was chatting a bit about his TV habits and now I know exactly what heā€™s been watching. XD

E2729F6F-249F-4E9C-9298-EB8D1E68F00C.jpeg

D5326A89-795B-4171-82F5-F0C62CB2F32C.jpeg

6AC45260-6E9F-44B5-8BD8-80D3015D8D0E.jpeg

Heā€™s totally talking about this, itā€™s alright man, I like it too:

ā€¦ Bettina you are reading a book right now. Everyone in my town lost it! Itā€™s because of those crazy gum commercials!

58629773-C9C8-4405-8771-A9F49A882DB0.jpeg

At least Drago is having fun. Looking at flames. Checks out. And listening to throat singing, Iā€™m sure a dragon would be great at that.

BB4CC4DD-AB9D-4854-AA4A-65F4D26E41A0.jpeg

91BEAD6B-456C-4043-9214-54FD8AAFA31D.jpeg

Welp. Next day.

5EAD13F8-AE12-42D9-8AAB-E71CD24F5558.jpeg

Darn right Isabelle. I should have had him here all along. XD

I really kinda love tea. Marshal knows me too well. I used to be friends with someone who would have liked this too, shame. Gotta make the best of times I can here. Youā€™ll get a spiffy cozy place for loveley tea parties soon Marshal baby. ā€¦ I regret writing that.

B9FD6FA2-5EFB-4C7D-BF3D-6A3A119D1889.jpeg

It was noon when I dropped in. Bettina has definitely lost it from being stuck in a corner. X_X

B5B9C2FE-12CA-45DC-B2A9-5DB1174A2C50.jpeg

Never seen anyone else sitting here. Nobody else was around to play volley but I gave him a little dance.

727423EB-B9AA-4BD2-93CD-DD95178A4B61.jpeg

Went to sleep and popped back in later. Celeste was here! Didnā€™t see any shooting stars- maybe I made it back too late. I wish she would give me the nova light and star clock alreadyā€¦

F0AFE1A3-8466-4131-8C3A-0E71F7574623.jpeg

New recipes from the last two days: windflower wand (Celeste), golden samurai suit (random bottle), carrot scones (Kappā€™n bottle)

I might have missed a bit but there you go. Simple update.

Back