• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

If you play Minecraft, how long have you been playing?

DinosaurDumpster

You're watching Disney Channel
Bells
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Famous Mushroom
Black Famous Mushroom
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Yellow Candy
Do you play Minecraft? For how long?

I've been playing Minecraft for about 9 years whoa. So that was 2011? Around the time it was officially released.
I never got my own account until 2013 so I just hogged my sister's account lol. I remember when I was horrified of bats for whatever reason. Because of them I would never play Singleplayer because I would never put windows or torches in my houses and bats would spawn. So I played quite a bit of older Hypixel.
Stopped playing so much about 4 years ago when I got Splatoon though.

Since probably about 2015, mainly used to play the PS4 version. I have very fond memories of it, because while I didn't even ever defeat the Ender dragon on the console version, me and my cousin used to play it for days at a time. I'm not completely sure why we never really created a 'proper' world, I think we just liked grinding for diamonds and creating new home areas.

Aside from that, I did play the PC version on a friend's private server and had a really cool base, and had a lot of fun building the town area with my best friend. However, it eventually fell apart due to all the plugins it had and we never ended up getting it back up and running.

TLDR; Around 5 years, and the game is definitely much better with friends!

I bought it May 2013, before that I must have played it for like two years I think. Playing the Beta in 2011 is still my fondest memory, I've never enjoyed singleplayer as much as I did back then. For a couple of years I was a very hardcore PvP player, but people can be pretty unfun too.

I just recently got a Switch copy, so I play that whenever I feel like it. But all these new updates just make me less interested in it.

i first played minecraft pocket edition in 7th grade in 2014. i illegally downloaded it from aptoide and it was worth all the viruses and malware lol. i really loved it and especially liked the chickens since they looked so derpy. i got the legal pocket edition on my iphone 4s in 2016, but that also kept crashing, so i had to delete it.
my dad bought an xbox in 2018 and i actually was planning on getting oblivion with my gift card, but i got minecraft instead (because bethesda only accept credit card payment). i still love playing it, but i haven't had time these past months. i can't wait to play with the nether update!

I got it on the PS Vita maybe 4 or 5 years ago and have been playing it on and off. I usually just build a town or a castle and call it quits. Been thinking of updating to the Switch version but I've heard that version is not very stable. Can't be worse than playing it on the Vita though, right?

I've played Minecraft on and off for a super long time. I actually bought my account in August 2011 when Notch got married (there was a 2 for 1 account deal because of the marriage) but I had played for about a year prior using a cracked client. I'm excited to play the new update sometime soon :D

It's been a long time. I remember playing the Alpha state of the game back in like either late middle school or early high school. I've been a very sporadic player of the game where I take very long breaks and then come back to pour hours into building stuff. I think I might try to jump back into it during my 6 day weekend. It's probably been almost around a year since I last played.

I mean I havent played much in the past 2 years but I started playing in 2012 when my moms friend from work's kids showed me and my brother it and I've loved it! the new update is cool

I've been playing Minecraft since I got a PS4, The Sims 4 and Minecraft for Christmas in 2017. I mainly got a PS4 so I could play The Sims, but I soon found myself playing Minecraft way more lol. Since then it's become one of my all-time favourite games, and I also have it on my phone and on my Switch.

The new update is really good! I'm not gonna spoil it for those who haven't played it yet, but I love all the new stuff that's been added. I just wish I could find a Nether fortress in the world I've been playing in. I've not had any luck so far, and I can't help but feel like the new update has something to do with it...

Used to play it (almost) daily back in 2011-14 on a server with friends. Always enjoyed going on dungeon and diamond expeditions and accidentally yelling when I was silly enough to dig straight down and fall straight into lava.

Still log in occasionally when in a build mood. It all started when they introduced wolves and I wanted to make a sanctuary for them. Got out of hand and turned into a one-month project:
09596E2D-2CCF-4870-8568-BFA631428E66.jpeg

According to Minecraft.net, I’ve been playing since November of 2011. In those nine years, I’ve probably put in at least 2000 hours.

2012 when i was 11 and i still remember building my first house lmao - i’ve been on nd off these years but i’ve been playing it daily bc of my lil cousin
CDAC3492-471E-4DE0-8E90-8D4C5246BEC8.gif

I want to say when we were 10 in 2011 was when we first started playing the pocket edition, but we didn't start playing the (pirated) desktop version until 2018, and didn't buy the full game legitimately until our birthday this year.

I started playing around 2011 and I was hooked on it for awhile. I booted it up for the first time in a few years sometime this past December, but began to feel that updates made to the game since I stopped playing really bloated the game and made it considerably less enjoyable. But on the bright side, at least they let you downgrade to previous versions if you wish.

I've been playing Minecraft for about 9 years whoa. So that was 2011? Around the time it was officially released.
I never got my own account until 2013 so I just hogged my sister's account lol. I remember when I was horrified of bats for whatever reason. Because of them I would never play Singleplayer because I would never put windows or torches in my houses and bats would spawn. So I played quite a bit of older Hypixel.

I've been playing since the Beta was released to the public, not sure when that was but a good few years now! over 10 at least. Never tires me, I miss my old save actually where I lived in a cave and had a fishing hut, good ol days.

Or when I first discovered tekkit with college friends and then made mods for the game.

I started playing minecraft in the early days of alpha, I still have my account to this day and messed around with mods and servers for friends. We built so many structures, castles, villages, ships, flags, aquariums, pools, nether corner, lava pools, redstone, diamond, gold etc all things we collected in-game over many weeks. I have much nostaglia for the game and whenever sweden boots up i'm full mode into memory lane.

Back