• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

If You Have/Had a Themed Island, What is/Would be the Theme?

Serabee

Autistic Time-Traveler
Bells
Island
Woodland
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Famous Mushroom
Special Snowflake
Kapp'n Christmas Doll
Green Christmas Stocking
Matryoshka Doll
Tricolored Puppy Plush
Holiday Candy Cane 2020
Festive Bell
Tin Robot
I'm just curious! Currently my island doesn't have a theme, but if I ever got a second switch, I'd TOTALLY do a themed island. My main ideas for themed would be faerie tale, farm, or Halloween. Here would be my ideas for set ups:

Elvis (king)
Queenie (queen)
Some peppy (princess)
Henry (prince)
Knox (Knight #1)
Sterling (Knight #2)
Julian (unicorn)
Drago (dragon, it'd be fun to make a super intimidating fortress area for him and then it's just like- check out the menacing dragon! ...who's not menacing at all, lol)
Muffy (sisterly witch)
And some normal, maybe Ava, as a simple farmer.
My faerie tale theme would be a magical kingdom with royalty and other faerie tale cliches, lol. My character would probably be a jester or witch or peasant or something along those lines. I'd have a small fancy area for royalty, a creepy forest for my witch, either Muffy or my character, a shopping area where the working class would live, a farm, and a scary/intimidating mountain where the dragon lives.

Ava- Normal chicken. I have her currently on my main island and have had her for awhile but I'll be moving her out eventually. WHen she showed up as a camper I realized how PRECIOUS she was and just fell in love!
Goose- Jock rooster
Tipper- Snooty Cow
Angus- Cranky Bull
Elmer- Lazy Horse
Shep- Smug Sheepdog
Eunice- Normal black Sheep
Dom- Jock white(ish) Sheep
Peggy- Peppy Pig
Pashmina- Sisterly Goat
My farm idea would be a giant farm with my character as the farmer, lots of fields and a giant orchard, a cool marketplace, and lots of farm animals. There's no shortage of farmish animals so I think it'd be fun! Each animal would have their own "pasture", with hay bales and weeds to munch on (Shep would be with the sheep, obviously) and I just think it'd be super cute and charming and fun. Plus, a big orchard would mean I could invite other people to harvesting events, which could be fun!

Muffy- Sisterly Witch
Mira- Sisterly Trick-or-Treater
Kiki- Normal Black Cat (I still kind of wish we had a black cat with a bit more edginess, lol)
Lucky- Lazy Mummy
Cobb- Jock Mad Scientist
Pietro- Smug Clown
Vivian- Snooty Werewolf
Cyd/Spike- Cranky Trick-or-Treater
Candi- Peppy Trick-or-Treater w/ Fitting Name
Rod- Jock Trick-or-Treater
Probably the one I'd be most likely to do, lol. I'm not talking horror as in the typical, often Japanese inspired horror islands I see (where you walk around and find menacingly placed axes and blood spatter), but a Halloween one with tricks AND treats, with purple and orange, and lots of pumpkins. Think "where Jack would live year round" Here my character would DEFINITELY be a witch (is it... is it obvious I love witches? and might have one on my main island?) and there'd still be a spooky forest (is it obvious I also love spooky forests? and might have one on my main island?) with lots of pumpkin patches, spooky haunted houses (I'd also have a ghost character or two), a mad scientist area, multiple cemeteries... Lol, the more I write about this one, the more I wanna do it 😅 Also, these villagers aren't 100% set in stone and are more flexible.

I'd also consider doing an island based on my book, but that'd be more low-key. And would probably have to be a straight up horror theme, with a "small town with dark secrets" feeling.

So... what would you all do/ have you all done?

My island's theme is split up like that tub of Breyer's ice cream that comes in three flavors.

The entrances of my town is the cottagecore. It has wooden patterned flooring with log furniture and casual food stalls and vending machines It surrounds the Able's Sisters, Nook's Cranny, the Museum, the Resident Center, and the airport. It's like the mall area. (https://www.instagram.com/coorie_crossing/?igshid=9uwz697cpnwt).

To the right, there's the blue fairycore area, with a blue fairycore flooring design. I placed green and blue mushroom lamps, mama and baby panda bears, chic-styled wedding furniture, and models of blue and green butterflies around that area. I put Cookie, Ankha, and Wolfgang in this area. I used blue and green themed items like some sewing kits, dog plushies, and books. ( ).

On the left side of the island is the pink fairycore area, with a pink fairycore design. I used papa pandas, pink mama bears, baby bears, large star fragments, cute-themed wedding furniture, and crescent moon chairs around that area. The neighbors here are Rosie, Pekoe, and Marina.
I used pink mini items like pink books, pink radios, and the Mother's Day flower basket. ( ).

On the very north of the island is more cottagecore, but with a mix of fairy core. It has mushroom and log-themed flooring with some artifical petals and such to give it an earthly feel. I used the red and yellow mushroom lamps, the mario mushroom platforms, bonfires and log benches to go with, and mini ponds with the fruit trees to go all around them. The villagers here are Zucker, Maple, Coco, and June. (https://nintygamer.com/animal-crossing-wood-paths-acnh/).

My islands theme is just suburban I guess, lol. If I were to make a new island with a theme in mind though, hmmm.. I love the idea of an abandoned island. Or an island that is mostly water, though who knows what that does to the frame rate. Or maybe a horror island, those are always neat

If I were to redo my island and work on a specific theme, it would probably be something fantasy/story/game related! Before ACNH came out I had brainstormed an idea to do a mirrored island inspired by ni no kuni. One half of it would be fantasy themed and the other half would be modern. Each side would have the same type of terraforming and general item placement, and I would choose specific villagers to mirror each other as well. This was before I knew what kind of items we would be getting so I wasn't really confident on starting it (at least, locking in an island name that was theme-related) and I eventually went with a general name/theme.

I would never restart my island to try this, but it's still fun to think about! Now that I know what kind of items I could potentially use, I imagine the fantasy portion to have a lot of mushroom themed items and old looking structures with dirt paths and lots of weeds. The modern section would replace the dirt paths with cobblestone roads and look more city-like but with newer looking structures. I would split each section with a giant lake and connect them using a land bridge. There would also be a hidden pipe somewhere connecting the two, or maybe just a pipe instead of the land bridge to make it harder to discover the other area. The modern part would have the Resident Services and I would mimic that with the Museum in the fantasy part. There would be some "iconic" locations to make the mirrored theme really obvious, probably using specific recolourisations of bigger items such as the nuptial bell or lighthouse. The villagers could maybe be wolves (fantasy) and dogs (modern) or I could hand pick others like Drago (fantasy) and Boots (modern), etc. I'm very content with my current island and theme that I have no regrets about not doing a themed island but it's definitely fun to think about!

Last edited:
I have a themed island but I would say it's casually themed than specific. It's just a pirate town island.

If I were to plan out every detail like the villagers, I'd probably do something easy like fairy tale, lol. My immediate thought was like the big bad wolf and the three little pigs (or 9 in this case). I'd probably reference one of the Grimms' fairy tales. But yeah, I prefer to be more laid back on themes.

My main island is a misleading island, looks like something, but actually isn't

It's also a work in progress puzzle island, which is enjoyable. Also creepy the further you progress. I've actually found a way to make some areas completely silent.

Anyway, I dont wanna giveaway too much
-
I'm currently working on the maze part, trying not to get trapped in the maze with villagers. Which I don't want to push them, sobI gotta wait.

But I was trying to.escape it, but Marshal came and sat down in front of me, so now I just put them into the town square, and fence them in
--
But its currently going well. My only rule is no tools, so I'm aiming for complex. It wont be finished for awhile :)

Right now, mine is kinda themed. It was originally going to be one theme: medieval - since I wanted to make it a tribute to Dragon Age and recreate some of my HHD rooms, but, had to scratch that idea. Now, I have a few references to One Piece (Thousand Sunny, Partys Bar, Corrida Colosseum, Dressrosa, Wano), Kaldina Ruins from Last Cloudia, La Mancha countryside from Don Quixote, Garreg Mach/Dressrosa (loose interpretation and combo of the two).

It is hard to pick just one since I like so many things and whenever I like something new I want to make an area based on it 🤔. I would want to pick something that no one else is doing to if others are doing it, make it stand out somehow.

If I were to pick a single theme, maybe pirate or medieval since right now I’m obsessed still with FE3H; pirates could complement it as a sub theme since I think pirates were around all throughout history.

I really love food furniture so the idea of a food themed island like @Firesquids mentioned would be fun; I think I’d probably not make my villagers go with the theme and just have whoever I like though 🤔.

i dont exactly have a theme but most of the almost finished bits of my island are...elegant? ive used the white benches, white streetlamps, turkeyday stands with plants on them, the white statues and some areas are highlighted with hidden floor lights, specific bush colors for specific areas etc etc. currently im working on a surf area on the beach, but it doesnt go with the rest of the islands 'theme' so im having a bit of difficulty trying to make it look decent LOL!
if i were to choose a theme i would choose one that doesnt exist currently, gothic or victorian and im fully with Dunquixote on the midieval as well.

my island’s theme is pretty much crittercore atm, with how many bugs and fish i’ve got scattered around LOL. but once i clean up and start decorating some more, i’m aiming for my island to be a mix of kidcore, naturecore, rainbow, pastel and illuminative themes. ^^

Last edited:
I'm the same way—my island's theme is pretty much just largely going to be "stuff I like" ahaha, but if I were to do a second island, I think I'd want to follow a theme of some sort. Hopefully whatever next-gen Switch we get in the future will be back-compatible, as I can't really see myself getting another Switch just for another AC island. ;;
One idea that I think would be really cool is to do an island themed around the superhero villagers—there'd be Kid Cat, Agent S, Big Top, and Rocket for the hero team, and Cobb as the supervillain. The rest of the villagers could be normal citizens for the heroes to protect, which could pretty much just be left to personal preference, though having a "kid" villager like Joey or Dizzy would probably make for a cute addition. You could also have Mira as a superhero working separately, or throw in Rizzo for a funny/incompetent villain type. The player characters could be a mix of superheroes, villains, and normal people too. Unfortunately, I've just never been that into superhero stories, so I don't think I'd really have enough passion or interest to pull this one off myself.

Something I'd love to do, which might be what I'd actually wind up going with, would be a witch-themed island. (I love witches too aaaaaa) The island could be largely forest/rustic-themed (both of which are aesthetics I adore), and the player characters could be different types of witches. Plus it'd be a great opportunity to use a lot of Halloween items too, and Halloween's my favorite holiday. Kiki would be a must-have villager for sure, though I'm not sure who I'd pick for the others.

If I didn't go through with that choice, though, something else I might like to do would be a winter island! I love winter and think it's a really beautiful season, so it's another theme I'd really love to use. ;v; This would be one theme where I might color-coordinate different areas for a sort of aurora/rainbow effect, which I think would be really pretty with all the white and snow. For the villager lineup, I think I'd go with something like Fang, Whitney, Flurry, Roald, Sprinkle, Tutu, Sherb, Hans, Muffy, and then probably either Rolf or Aurora. Not sure what I'd do with the player characters for this theme though.

My island is loosely themed after a tropical atoll, so I plan on having it be kinda flat and have a very prominent beach area, as well as themed areas such as a tropical marketplace where stuff such as fresh fish and shaved ice are sold. Though my main character does have primarily a Lolita wardrobe since that's been an AC tradition of mine, she does have quite a few tropical outfits that I'll let her wear once I finally upload a DA!

If I were to have a second island, which I hope I do in the future if I get another copy of NH, I'd love to have a cozy, all bear island! I already have the villagers picked out; I'd have Megan, Grizzly, Teddy, Ursala, Klaus, Tutu, Nate, Pinky, Curt, and prooooobably Ike, but if I do so, I may or may not end up switching Ike out for Judy since unfortunately there is no snooty bear. I really wish Ursala was still snooty instead of sisterly, I loved her and her attitude back in my GC town.

Another idea I have, since IRL I'm trying to get a degree to work with birds and LOVE domestic poultry (as pets, not to eat!) is a bird town, but instead of all birds, I'd have some of each type of bird the game offers: Birds, penguins, ostriches, ducks, chickens, and eagles! Not sure of how I'd decorate or anything, but I do know which villagers I'd have. For ostriches, I'd have my lovely little Flora, as well as Julia because I ADORE peacocks! If I could have Pavé in my town year-round, I would. I love him to death. For chickens, I'd have Goose, one of my favorite jocks, as well as Ken, the lovely black chicken! For eagles, I'd have Apollo, a favorite of mine from Pocket Camp. For ducks, I'd have the adorable Freckles, as well as the ever-interesting Quillson. For birdies, I'd have the sweet Midge, as well as Jacob! Finally, for penguins, I'd have Flo. I really like this idea!

Finally, I had the idea of having an all-cranky island, since I ADORE cranky villagers. I was thinking of giving it a retro/vaporwave theme, with the story of an upbeat, energetic resident rep. trying to get a bunch of old farts to, y'know, stop being so old and cranky all the time.

Last edited:
i actually just reset my island! i'm doing a pink white and brown aesthetic : ))
my island before didn't have a specific one lol

I love Halloween themed islands and the cottage core ones but I don’t think I could manage to pull a fully themed island off on my own.
My old Island had little themed areas for certain villagers, Bob had a kids pool and a slide in his front yard :) I think I’ll probably do the same on my new island.
Forever keeping a space free in the hopes that Brewster makes a reappearance.

i'm actually doing a japanese town theme now! i always loved to see japanese villages, and higurashi's backgrounds made me more interested in searching about more villages. idk, i always liked forests and mossy things, and since i like some creepy stuff, im trying to do a unnerving island... but im not that good................

Mine isn't themed at the moment its just has all these mini themes all over the island. I wouldn't mind making my island like a fairy-tale as I already have a few areas around my island that would support this. I have a few mini areas that have the tea cup rides with flowers surrounding them. I have a massive teddy bears and dolly picnic with all the very best delicious food you can eat. I have a area on the top left of my cliffs with mini doll houses for fairy's. Around the houses is a water stream that connects to make a waterfall and down the bottom of the waterfall is mushrooms and flowers. So I am thinking of making a theme like that I would use peter pan as inspiration for example I could make a mermaid area with rocks and the mermaid furniture.

My island is a communist utopia. It has an outdoor shared kitchen with communal dining, a stand with free fruit, a collective farm, and a factory for canning fish/packing produce in the main floor of my house. We also have solar panels and lots of windmills bc sustainable energy is important.

I'll have to actually upload pictures sometime, but half of my town is Pink/Pastel city themed with a 'construction zone' that leads into the fairy/magical woods. The only story line is that my MC is flattening the magical woods to put up more buildings/urban zones. I really like how it's turning out. I'm not completely done yet but it's looking very promising so far.

I've said it before but if I could get a second island I would 100% do a yume-nikki inspired island. It's one of my favorite games.

Back