🎄Ideas for a Christmas themed town? 🎄

I'm not sure whether you have already made up your mind regarding villagers, but Erik is a great choice, since he's based on a reindeer, and has a very winter-y house. Other than him good choices are Fang, Flurry and Tucker who all have a wintery look, but not a winter.y house. There are also Bianca and Rolf who are based on white tigers, and all the penguin villagers :)

Regarding town-decorating, I personally love most of the blue hybrids in the snow. You can also mix red and white flowers, since when they are paired together they give off a nice christmas vibe (in my opinion at least). Pine trees are also nice to have around, especially since some of them will gain christmas lights during winter :)

As for PWP's I personally think the wooden ones and the log bench will fit nicely. Maybe you could also use the fire pit and make it feel kind of like fireplace? Other than that there's the illuminated tree, which bears a resemblance to christmas trees.

Hope you can use some of these suggestions :) Good luck with your new town!

I'm not sure whether you have already made up your mind regarding villagers, but Erik is a great choice, since he's based on a reindeer, and has a very winter-y house. Other than him good choices are Fang, Flurry and Tucker who all have a wintery look, but not a winter.y house. There are also Bianca and Rolf who are based on white tigers, and all the penguin villagers :)

Regarding town-decorating, I personally love most of the blue hybrids in the snow. You can also mix red and white flowers, since when they are paired together they give off a nice christmas vibe (in my opinion at least). Pine trees are also nice to have around, especially since some of them will gain christmas lights during winter :)

As for PWP's I personally think the wooden ones and the log bench will fit nicely. Maybe you could also use the fire pit and make it feel kind of like fireplace? Other than that there's the illuminated tree, which bears a resemblance to christmas trees.

Hope you can use some of these suggestions :) Good luck with your new town!

Thank you so much :)

For villagers, basically any white colored villagers would be appropriate. Examples include Whitney, Marshal, Hans and Ruby.

The Balloon Arch seems like a nice choice for a pwp for your new town. The Chair Sculpture is also a must have (It looks like a giant stocking :) ).

For villagers, basically any white colored villagers would be appropriate. Examples include Whitney, Marshal, Hans and Ruby.

The Balloon Arch seems like a nice choice for a pwp for your new town. The Chair Sculpture is also a must have (It looks like a giant stocking :) ).

Good ideas thank you! :)

I’m starting to do a Christmas themed town And if so, what kind of PWPs, paths and such would you recommend?

As far as PWP's go, i have a few suggestions;
- Campsite if you don't already have it (because in winter it's a cute igloo).
- The zen bell looks great with snow on it.
- The metal bench
- Log bench
- Instrument shelter
- Round streetlight
- Illuminated Arch
- Fire pit
- Illuminated heart
- Illuminated tree
- Any of the Topiaries
- Water pump

Those are just some of my favourites, but could work for your winter town!

Entirely white coloured villagers on white snow doesn't sound well to me. I think you should choose natural coloured villagers

If clutter doesn't bother you, you definitely should use presents on random spots of your town. Would look really nice especially on bridges and town plaza. Also using dud tickets in an appropriate place can make them look like wishlists. I use it near stone tablet, looks well

As far as PWP's go, i have a few suggestions;
- Campsite if you don't already have it (because in winter it's a cute igloo).
- The zen bell looks great with snow on it.
- The metal bench
- Log bench
- Instrument shelter
- Round streetlight
- Illuminated Arch
- Fire pit
- Illuminated heart
- Illuminated tree
- Any of the Topiaries
- Water pump

Those are just some of my favourites, but could work for your winter town!

These are good ideas, thank you! :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Entirely white coloured villagers on white snow doesn't sound well to me. I think you should choose natural coloured villagers

If clutter doesn't bother you, you definitely should use presents on random spots of your town. Would look really nice especially on bridges and town plaza. Also using dud tickets in an appropriate place can make them look like wishlists. I use it near stone tablet, looks well

These are good ideas, thank you! :)

You should really use Drake in your town, too! He's a natural colored duck who wears a sweater, and he also has a cabin-themed interior. I've had him before and he's adorable :lemon:

If you do make Mrs. Claus, then you are more than welcome to use the QR code that I made a few years back. Or, use it as a reference to make a prettier one. Then again there are probably better QR codes online.

HNI_0001.JPGHNI_0002.JPGHNI_0003.JPGHNI_0004.JPGHNI_0049.JPG

For my character, I added the matronly wig, some black thights, and Santa boots.

If you make an elf character, I recommend the Link hat and maybe his clothes as well. You can make his or her house a toy workshop.

Lets see what else....if you decide on having Erik move into your town let me know. I have him and can hold onto him for you when he decides to move again.

Oh yeah, supposedly (in real life) pansies can survive winter. So you can go crazy with planting them.

Last edited:
For a Christmas-themed town: I would choose a map in which the Perfect Fruit is in the color red. So, either apples or cherries. I think repeatedly having lots of green is easy. But, making sure the more dominant color of fruit is in red is also necessary.

For villagers, yes—a great choice is Lazy deer Erik. I also think Normal deer Fauna fits. But, I wouldn’t want to come across as saying just go with deer. Most of the werewolves have their birthdays during the month of December. I would also look to having at least one of them. I would select at least two villagers who have white fur. Another good winter villager, who may be good for Christmas, is the Peppy penguin Sprinkle.

I think this is a great idea. And I hope it works for you—and that you don’t go through too much stress with creating and developing it.

One more thing. It’s about PWPs.

If you can build up several millions of bells, that would help.

When dealing with PWPs, those pings from villagers: Build the ones, which are not permanent, ASAP. Get them going and out of the way. Even ones you don’t have any interest in.

This gets your town moving, gets it busy developing with one PWP followed by the next, as you get each one out of the way.

This will get the villagers to more frequently request a new PWP. (In anticipation of PWP requests, by any villagers, load your pockets with items—like flowers—no villager will ask you to give him. That way, they can’t ping you for totally unrelated nonsense.)

Just get them built (and keep in mind that you can, in between, take down the ones you will not keep)—and that will make things move along faster.

Last edited:
If you do make Mrs. Claus, then you are more than welcome to use the QR code that I made a few years back. Or, use it as a reference to make a prettier one. Then again there are probably better QR codes online.

For my character, I added the matronly wig, some black thights, and Santa boots.

If you make an elf character, I recommend the Link hat and maybe his clothes as well. You can make his or her house a toy workshop.

Lets see what else....if you decide on having Erik move into your town let me know. I have him and can hold onto him for you when he decides to move again.

Oh yeah, supposedly (in real life) pansies can survive winter. So you can go crazy with planting them.

Actually I was thinking of making a Mrs. Claus today , thank you so much for the dress! It’s lovely :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

For a Christmas-themed town: I would choose a map in which the Perfect Fruit is in the color red. So, either apples or cherries. I think repeatedly having lots of green is easy. But, making sure the more dominant color of fruit is in red is also necessary.

For villagers, yes—a great choice is Lazy deer Erik. I also think Normal deer Fauna fits. But, I wouldn’t want to come across as saying just go with deer. Most of the werewolves have their birthdays during the month of December. I would also look to having at least one of them. I would select at least two villagers who have white fur. Another good winter villager, who may be good for Christmas, is the Peppy penguin Sprinkle.

I think this is a great idea. And I hope it works for you—and that you don’t go through too much stress with creating and developing it.

One more thing. It’s about PWPs.

If you can build up several millions of bells, that would help.

When dealing with PWPs, those pings from villagers: Build the ones, which are not permanent, ASAP. Get them going and out of the way. Even ones you don’t have any interest in.

This gets your town moving, gets it busy developing with one PWP followed by the next, as you get each one out of the way.

This will get the villagers to more frequently request a new PWP. (In anticipation of PWP requests, by any villagers, load your pockets with items—like flowers—no villager will ask you to give him. That way, they can’t ping you for totally unrelated nonsense.)

Just get them built (and keep in mind that you can, in between, take down the ones you will not keep)—and that will make things move along faster.

These are good ideas thank you so much! :)

Make big paths, and add lots of streetlights! Night lasts longer in winter, and your villagers need to see! Also, the big paths are just because when I imagine winter, I imagine big, stone roads.

Back