• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

I miss the OG cast

Chadadian52

Bells
I have the amibo card for the guard dogs, mail service birds and porter the money. I miss them so much, I wish we could have them in the game. I invited Phyllis for some coffee and she had some new sassy dialogue but besides that I miss the original game characters.

If you have the HHP dlc, you can build vacation homes for them and visit them that way. I built Phyllis' home in HHP. She still has some of her sassy dialog, but like all characters in New Horizons its been toned down quite a bit. Building their vacation spots also gives you their photos, which you won't be able to get otherwise, so there's another incentive for a vacation home if you really want to see them.

I would get rid of that big fat whale, that annoying little monkey idiot and both those stupid dodo dudes if it meant we would get all the pelicans back. And Dr. Shrunk, who is now a cancelled comedian.

I like the new cast, but I agree that we should have the old cast, and not as extra characters like how ACNH did.

I would get rid of that big fat whale, that annoying little monkey idiot and both those stupid dodo dudes if it meant we would get all the pelicans back. And Dr. Shrunk, who is now a cancelled comedian.
This really craked me up HAHAHA
I mean, I have nothing against the new characters, but like everyone I miss the old ones๐Ÿ’”

Right, I miss the pelicans so much! Phyllis is one of my favorites and I was sad to see her and her sassiness go. I miss Don as well! I guess he's technically in the game by working for the rescue services, but you never get to see him in action or anything :|

I think that's a part of why New Horizons feels less cozy to me. So much of the cast that's been in game after game are nowhere to be found unless you have their amiibo or the DLC. It's not the same, I liked having them around :(

EBpDFzVU0AEtto9.jpeg

EBpDZayUcAAYh-g.jpeg

EBpDuezUwAA0lay.jpeg

EBpD-xiU0AUJzyQ.jpeg

EBpEOBIU8AENrbI.jpeg

I remembered this conversation I had with Pete.Poor guy.It's nice to have new characters in the game but why do they have to sweep some of the existing ones under the rug?It was always a big deal when Gracie would show up in your town.You knew you were a step closer to getting the T&T Emporium.I also miss Phineas the badge-giving sea lion and Blanca was a pain in the butt on April Fool's Day but I kinda liked her.

i miss them too! i wish we could've had a post office building in our town instead of using the airport. we have so much room on our islands :\

i really miss the postman's hat in new leaf ;-;

View attachment 547719
View attachment 547720
View attachment 547721
View attachment 547722
View attachment 547723
I remembered this conversation I had with Pete.Poor guy.It's nice to have new characters in the game but why do they have to sweep some of the existing ones under the rug?It was always a big deal when Gracie would show up in your town.You knew you were a step closer to getting the T&T Emporium.I also miss Phineas the badge-giving sea lion and Blanca was a pain in the butt on April Fool's Day but I kinda liked her.

Poor Pete๐Ÿฅน I think this is an exclusive dialogue for male players! I need to play with my male characters more lol

Poor Pete๐Ÿฅน I think this is an exclusive dialogue for male players! I need to play with my male characters more lol
I got the same dialogue from him and I'm female. I think it's to do with how often you talk to him and talk to the other NPCs. Like how after a while Lyle starts telling you that Tom Nook and Sable were a thing.

I got the same dialogue from him and I'm female. I think it's to do with how often you talk to him and talk to the other NPCs. Like how after a while Lyle starts telling you that Tom Nook and Sable were a thing.
Tom Nook and Sable?No wonder she didn't like to talk.

I feel left out ๐Ÿ˜† I only discovered Animal Crossing a little over a year ago and of course it was with New Horizons. After all of the New Leaf conversations of late, I feel like I missed out on a better time.

Then again, maybe you all are the "old cranky's" saying "things were better when when I was growing up, you kids don't understand."

For what it's worth, I am 46 years old and tell the youngsters I work with that they couldn't handle Battletoads, or Earthworm Jim.

I guess we all value the past.

I feel like I missed out on a better time.
Yeah, you indeed did miss out, but that doesn't stop you from blindly accepting our word and runnin' with it! ๐Ÿ˜‡ Grab yourself a cold one, pass me one and let's stand here against the picket fence and tell the other kiddos to get in and bite our thumbs at the naysayers! ๐Ÿ˜ *sips beer* Eeeyup. ๐Ÿบ๐ŸŽฒ

Yeah, you indeed did miss out, but that doesn't stop you from blindly accepting our word and runnin' with it! ๐Ÿ˜‡ Grab yourself a cold one, pass me one and let's stand here against the picket fence and tell the other kiddos to get in and bite our thumbs at the naysayers! ๐Ÿ˜ *sips beer* Eeeyup. ๐Ÿบ๐ŸŽฒ
I just got the urge to sit on the porch and play my banjo again

I do miss the original cast, as their dialogue seemed more varied to me. Phyllis was hilarious. I understand toning down some of the outright insults, but it does feel like the NPCs are all so positive and cheerful that they start to feel pretty generic. The exceptions (CJ, for example) tend to stand out through a single repetitive gimmick that doesn't really ring true over the course of 30 separate conversations. I think we could have some of the grumpiness, standoffishness, or secrecy of prior NPCs without having to include specific negative dialogue about the player.

I have the amibo card for the guard dogs, mail service birds and porter the money. I miss them so much, I wish we could have them in the game. I invited Phyllis for some coffee and she had some new sassy dialogue but besides that I miss the original game characters.

If you have HHP, they can always be around if you build a house for them.

I liked having the permanent characters, it just made it feel more varied.

Back