• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What are some good/difficult long term goals for New Leaf?

Epic Duskk

Epic Gamer
Bells
I just started a new town and want to give myself some challenges to shoot for besides the obvious "pay off all loans, museum, etc"

Some ideas I have are:

- Having every single villager be a resident of the island. I just dont know of a way to keep track of that in-game, maybe not letting them move till I get their villager photo, or get a letter from them and save it in the post office. With 4 characters idk if that will be enough saved mail though.

- Maxxing out the savings account legitimately without using turnip calculators, time travel abuse, etc.

- Paying off a charcters home loan with restrictions. Like paying off one only by selling fish or something. I had another idea which is absolutely insane, but maybe doing a home loan pay off by ONLY selling to the little girl on tortimer island (that would take a year probably but would be funny to say i sold a child a billion bugs to pay a house off)

What are some other fun challenges you think I could give myself?

definitely not using the wetsuit trick to obtain public works, I don't know why my villaggers almost never asked me for public works, my last town is 7 years old and in 3 years of quite regular play I had very few public works requests. Then I abandoned the game for a few years and only last year I started playing again using the wetsuit trick for public works. It was really unnerving, sometimes even after 3 hours nothing arrived. This is one of New Leaf's biggest flaws but in the end the satisfaction is immense

Obtaining the badges on your card is an intentional goal that’s easy to start and near-impossible to complete, especially if you’re going for gold.

Grow all of the different colors of hybrid flowers from seed bags from the garden shop. It took me many months just to get one blue rose. Getting every different color of every different flower would probably take a while, unless you get very lucky.

And if you go for every gold badge, there's at least one that will become impossible to get once the 3DS servers are taken down, the one for visiting dream towns, so you'll probably want to do that as soon as possible. And for the ones involving visiting other people's towns, that's still possible if you have access to a second 3DS and another copy of the game, but if you want to do it online, you would also need to do that before the servers are shut down in April. I can help you with that in my New Leaf help thread, if you want. There's a link in my signature. :)

Here are some of my favorite long-term ACNL goals! and if I have completed them lol
  • Getting the Perfect Town ✅
  • Getting Every Fruit ✅
  • Upgrading All Shops on Mainstreet ✅
  • Completing Every Museum Exhibit ✅
  • Completing all Three Encyclopedias ✅
  • Getting Every Silver/Golden Tool & Streetpass Items ✅
  • Getting the highest HHA ranks and unlocking Golden Exteriors. ✅
  • Growing one of every hybrid. ✅
  • Obtaining every golden badge. 🟨SO CLOSEE
  • Getting your favorite villagers. ✅
  • Getting Target Score on Every Desert Island Escape Level and Difficulty 🟨SO CLOSEE
  • Completing and Obtaining Every Reward from Puzzle League. ✅
  • Getting all Four Mannequins. ✅
  • Getting your favorite 10 villager photos. ✅
  • Getting every single trophy. ✅The Silver ones are quite hard actually!
  • Completing the Catalog ✅

Back