• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

I miss new leaf

Unless you no longer had the game or a DS to play on, there is no reason why you can’t still play it! I’m still playing mine!

I'm hoping to get New Horizons soon but EVERYWHERE is sold out and because of the Coronavirus, stock is going to be slow and my parents don't trust websites that you just buy the digital version but cheaper, so there's that.

I restarted my New Leaf town 4 days ago, and I've been watching a youtuber play it too (even though his videos are like 6 years old) just so I'm not so alone haha, obviously New Horizons is exciting because it's a MASSIVE graphic upgrade, and AC is such a beloved series of games that everyone is going to buy the newest game.

I've been worried about New Leaf dying out since not many people post in the Online section anymore and it seems like there's less help in the community say with finding fossils or so, and most of it is trading villagers or buying/selling furniture and whatnot.

I've never actually completed New Leaf because I always manage to lose interest but whilst I wait the Coronavirus out it's given me so much more free time to stay with it and actually improve my town to be the best, but before I restarted it I met someone from Spain on Tortimer Island so I was a bit shocked at that!!

So, yeah, it has it's pros and cons.

I think I like New Leaf better than New Horizons, but only because of the sentimental value NL had for me. I used to play it nonstop, and use it as a way to connect to people I was friends with at the time. I think it was also a lot easier to do things I wanted to, like decoration. NH feels tedious with all the colorways that you cant just customize to get. I think without the belltree i would just drop it, even after buying a switch just for it. Hopefully I'll adjust! :blush:

I miss new leaf because of the online multiplayer! None of my irl friends play new horizons, so I don't get to have a multiplayer aspect at all. I miss club tortimer, getting to meet people whenever I felt like it

i don't think acnl's gonna die out tbh. i know i'll definitely keep playing it bc i'll never be able to afford a switch nor new horizons lol

I still play it. It is amazing to play. From what I am hearing NH cut out gyroids, furniture, and more. It slightly saddens me to hear, but the release of the game brought me back to NL since I don’t have NH. NL doesn’t have to end with the release of a new Animal crossing because NL became part of the lives that played that made memories for them and will bring them back it.

NL is the better game in my opinion maybe because I invested so many years into that game. I am trying to get used to NH I am having tons of fun though. I will play NL again but my 3ds is at my boyfriend's play and I probably won't get to go to his place for a while cause of corona :(

This game was amazing :(

It was fun but it was souless. More to do than Wild World but it was souless. Wild World had charm and personality that NL lack. As such I still find myself playing WW over NL despite NL having much more to do. Animal interaction is the reason I fell in love with this franchise and New Leaf took it and threw it right back into my face. This franchise would be nothing without animal villagers and there interaction and personality. New Leaf neuter it all down.

There was a lot to do in New Leaf but the experience felt empty because I just felt so alone playing New Leaf. I have a type full of useless and washout villagers who dialogue is short and lack options. There are no mean villagers so every animal is fake to me. I wouldn't have fallen in love with Whitney if I met her in NL because you can't tell the villager true personality. I'm glad I didn't have her in NL or else I would be really disappointed.

I have two cartridges for NL so it show I still love the game to buy two but it was still a very empty existence. Grinding beetles became tedious, all the PWP were expensive as heck and I didn't want to destroy Tortimer island so I never did that loophole of cutting down all the tree. And the worst part was wild there were a lot of upgrade, everything was in main street which is seperate from your town so your town felt even more emptier than it should have been. Put all those buildings in your town and it would feel more alive.

New Leaf took one step forward and three step back for me.

It got really stale for me after a while, especially with the dialogue of the villagers. The features were definitely an improvement over previous games, but I'd rather go back and revisit CF or WW than NL. Maybe in 10+ years I'll feel like going back to it but for now I'm really happy with New Horizons and I'm not worried about any features that were in NL and not in NH because I'm sure sooner than later they'll make their way into the game with an update.

It may be nostalgia but personally, I think that the multiplayer was so much better in New Leaf. There was so much stuff you could do - go to main street, see a K.K. concert on a Saturday night, go to the tropical island to do island tours, it just felt so much more fun playing online with people. With New Horizons on the other hand, you can't leave the island and there is nothing like the island tours in the game yet. It just feels like Nintendo got lazy and slapped the exact same online onto New Horizons without thinking about how there was so much more stuff to do outside of the main town in New Leaf. The stuff outside of the town is what made New Leaf fun, in my opinion. Maybe they'll change it later, but currently New Leaf's online seems far superior, which sucks seeing as if you want online for the switch you have to pay an extra thirty dollars. (NZD)

I also missed it so I just returned to New Leaf. Started this town April 1st of 2014 and have returned April 1st 2020. Just ordered another copy that I can share with my bf since my first town feels pretty much "completed". Looking forward to starting a new town again and taking it slow. Won't get sick of this game for a long time.

It sure was but NH is better. Id recommend just sticking with NL instead if you're missing it that much
I feel like NL is much better in some aspects, though. There were so many characters that aren’t in NH (Redd, Luna, etc) and also they really downgraded in regards to small but important things like the size of the rooms in the houses and the house customization.

I don't! Mainly because I don't have a switch, can't afford to splurge on gaming right now, and have only just gotten back into NL after almost two years of not playing it. I think I did a little with my older town about a year ago, but for the most part, I haven't been gaming. It's been fun to get back into New Leaf after not really playing it for so long; I forgot enough about it that it feels 'fresh' again.

I currently play New Leaf, New Horizons and Wild World (shocking, I know) and although NH has a load of cool customization going on it just doesn't have the same feel; it feels lonely and constricted. I got NL for cheap to try it out and I've actually been enjoying it far more than the switch version.

I'm not sure how you can miss something when it's still there for you to play anytime you want if you own a copy xD.

I haven't touched new leaf since April 1st when I wanted to play the April Fools event because i wanted all my villager pictures (also they didn't seem to have a event for it in new horizons which is disappointing).
But I do still love the game, and will probably come back to it eventually. But right now new horizons is all i can think about and play. I'm completely obsessed with it.

But also, New Leaf has been around for a long time, and I was definitely ready for a fresh and new game. But I will always love New Leaf and probably continue to occasionally pick it up and check on all my babies. There are a lot of features about it that I do miss in new horizons, like the way we can re-arrange our homes and the fact that most of the npc's are missing.

Back