I miss new leaf

New Leaf was the first game I played in the Animal Crossing and has a huge impact on me! I still pick it up every now and then (recently I picked it up a few days ago when NH was slow). I will agree that there was a lot of characters and content cut out that I will miss in NH and the music in NL is better, but it's nice to have something new to discover now because NL kinda got old for me after several years once I unlocked everything.

It's not like it died just because New Horizons was released some days ago. The New Leaf section of the forum often has more people in it than New Horizons too...

I don’t miss it at all. I’m loving new horizons and loving all the changes to it.

I'm still gonna play New Leaf because I can't afford a Switch :p
I think people will stay for that reason too - not everyone has the money to buy a Switch

I personally enjoy New Leaf more than New Horizons. I’ve been playing since the GameCube days and I still love playing that version. I’m sure lots of folks will still continue to play New Leaf at least for awhile. Actually, the longer I played New Horizons the more I missed New Leaf for some reason. :p

Last edited:
Lol... I can't see myself getting New Horizons anytime soon since I don't think I'll get a switch, so I think I'll be with New Leaf for quite some time.

Thankfully, I don't have to miss NL. I still play it every day!

I haven't even had the game that long- probably around two years. I haven't been able to 'complete the game' just yet, so I'll still be trying to do so for a while. :D

Last edited:
y'know, i've been longing for new leaf this past week, too. might pop in again tonight instead of new horizons.

It was amazing for 2013 and a step up from previous titles. People don't like New Horizons already as much because they take basic things for granted, but it's the next step for the longevity of the series. New Leaf didn't disappear.
This. I’m loving New Horizons. I remember that’s i was playing Wold World even a while after when City Folk came out. You’ll still find people who play New Leaf for now.

I actually missed New Leaf. It’s mostly because I haven’t finished designing any town yet. My 3DS for some reason can’t connect to other NL players, so getting resource, villagers, and PWPs on my own was just a series of soft resets that bore me, especially since I was very impatient.

Now that NH is out, I’ve been very jealous since I don’t own a switch, so I booted up my NL game and looked for more resources and help online. I’m back now and determined to finish my old town. :) It really doesn’t matter if a game is years old, if you enjoy it then you should play! I’m honestly surprised with the number of people looking at the AC:NL boards, so I don’t think you’re the only one getting back into it.

I only started the AC series 2 years ago, so it's a little different for me. I know others are a bit tired after playing for 7 years. But I don't have a switch yet and it'll be like late April before I can play ACNH. I really want NL to stay active. Its the game that made me love Animal Crossing and play it for 2 years.

I think NL will still be relevant in the short-term. NL has a much lower overall cost than NH when you factor in the price of the system, game, and online play which will help keep some of the player base.

It seemed like NH had the potential to completely blow NL out of the water, but so far NH has a lot of things missing from NL. NH also broke some things that weren't broken with NL. The beginning of NH is honestly a bit painful due the restricted access, repetitive music, lack of any meaningful villager interactions, and tools breaking left and right. Every AC game starts slow and that's part of the charm of gradually watching your village grow, but at least the previous games gave you stuff to do while waiting for your town to develop. NH pushes the deserted island thing too hard because it's like you're literally stranded alone on a small island just trying to survive for a few days before you get to experience any of the good stuff. I think NH will be a better game overall than NL, but NH has some glaring weaknesses compared to NL which will keep some people playing NL.

I think NL will continue to have a solid community as long as online play is supported. Once that is gone, I think NL will "die" outside of dedicated hard core NL fans.

I personally got burned out from NL a few years ago, so the freshness of NH is a draw for me. I've thought about picking NL back up and trying to finish the towns I was striving for, but I've given up on them thinking that NH would ultimately eclipse NL and most people would abandon a game nearly a decade old.

I just logged on after a week of inactivity due to NH.
I'm very glad I enacted Beautiful Town beforehand. My hair was a mess, there's clovers and random wildflowers everywhere, and my villagers were very happy to see me. I'm gonna try and log on more often to maintain the town, it's not fair of me to give all of my attention to one game and not the other ': D

I still love my New Leaf towns and I still play them~ I’m very proud of how I did Arashian

- - - Post Merge - - -

I think I really miss the plaques of information that they had in NL for the museum that they don’t have in New Horizons

I Like horz so far, But i think acnl is better XD so many thing in ancl that was great ,i wish it carryed on to new game.

Last edited:
First day on NH island made me miss my villagers so i logged into NL again. The place was kinda messy because i stopped working on it seriously for the past few months. I intend on getting back and finishing my town because i dont want to leave it like this and i really still enjoy this game!

I don't miss New Leaf, in fact, I'm super happy with New Horizons and it's getting my interest in all of Animal Crossing including New Leaf back! I'm currently rotating New Horizons, New Leaf and the Gamecube game, I love all three for different reasons, having a blast. Viva Animal Crossing xD

Back