I miss new leaf

It was amazing for 2013 and a step up from previous titles. People don't like New Horizons already as much because they take basic things for granted, but it's the next step for the longevity of the series. New Leaf didn't disappear.

why do you miss it? you can still play it, and it's far from dead. I still know people who play Wild World... myself included

Last edited:
New Leaf is my escape from the mess that is ACNH in its early days. After tiring of the tyrannical demands of the Nooks and frustrations in NH, it's very quiet and relaxing to pick up one of my 33 NL towns and enjoy MY pace with familiar faces. It helps me unwind enough to deal with the drudgery (my opinion) of NH the following day. Time will tell but, so far, NH is looking like a waste of my time.

Last edited:
It was a wonderful game but it's 7 years old now...

Aww, you can still play it, though. Even if you sold your old system and game, you can find used copies for relatively cheap online.

I haven't made the switch to New Horizons yet, and with everything I've been reading over on the New Horizons threads, I'm kind of glad I didn't rush into it. I'm still happily playing my two copies of New Leaf while waiting to see how my biggest concerns for the new game pan out.

If I get tired of New Leaf and New Horizons doesn't turn out to be what I want, I might even go back to GameCube.

It sure was but NH is better. Id recommend just sticking with NL instead if you're missing it that much

Last edited:
So far, gameplay, for me, is better in nl. But I can't lie, I went on to get qr codes yesterday and the graphics were jarring in comparison to how beautiful new horizons looks.

Not that I won't play NL anymore, (I even pick up wild world and the gamecube version from time to time) but I am investing my time into NH now. Maybe, hopefully, Nintendo will see some of the feedback on NH here and release updates that will make it even better.

Were all only one week into it so lets TRY to stay positive. There were a lot of important factors cut for me, and I am sad to see it, but theres still more to come eventually im sure.

I was really ready to move on from NL, but I recently got sucked back into it xD I'll still be playing it a lot since my brother and I share a Switch and we're going to be taking turns with New Horizons.

i miss NL :( NL was my first animal crossing game, so when NH came out i was hoping that it would be like NL but better, but NH took out so many things that i loved about NL. Right now I am trying to just get through NH and unlock more stuff because I am still not too far into the game, so it's hard to really judge, but I am definitely missing NL

i kind of miss it, too, or at least some of the features it had. hope those features get added to new horizons eventually lol

I love new leaf and nothing says you have to stop playing it! I get working on two games that take daily work can be tiring so don't force yourself to play both (even I haven't touched new leaf in a few days).

I ran that game into the ground. I hate playing it now welp

not hate playing it, but this feels partially relatable and a large part why my gameplan mindset with new horizons is so majorly shifted compared to when I played new leaf

anyways, I can't believe nintendo released a stealth patch that killed my new leaf copies

Last edited:
Eh, honestly, I personally don't miss it. Sure, it was fun to play it, but after 5+ years, it became stale, at least for me. Before I completely stop playing it, I only reset my town over and over again and didn't know what to do anymore. It was time for a new game.

Of course you still can play New Leaf, it's not automatically dead just because New Horizons is out now. There are still plenty of people out there who play the game (and even the older ones).

Back