• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How to make buku bells?

Eizoop

Bells
Pear (Fruit)
I'm looking through the Re-Tail board here and people are offering millions upon millions of bells for items. How in the world does someone get that many bells?

I have nearly 20 perfect cherry trees and I sell all the fruit in a town where cherries aren't native. That's pretty lucrative, but it takes a while to get anywhere with that. Is there something I'm missing, or should I just plant more perfect cherries?

Some people sell popular villagers.. Some people do perfect trees like you.. Some people bug/fish hunt.. And then there are those who duplicate

I think because we all have bells to give! Or maybe people were duplicating

Last edited:
You can get a lot of bells from selling turnips as well! And duplicating is just doubling your items by cheating.

i've made mine with beetle hunting, the stalk market (buying/selling turnips), and an over-abundance of patience and free time. :B

Turnips are usually the main option. You can just sell it in people with high turnip prices, but turnips will also took a big part of your storage if you plan to buy a lot of turnips(for me, I have to take out some items before I can fill my slots with turnips). There's also beetle hunting/fishing, but it can be tedious if you do it multiple times. I'd suggest you have a lazy camper first so you can sell them with much more profit.

But probably selling popular villagers rack the most profit(someone like Marshal can be sold for 50 million).

Turnips are probably the quickest, easiest, no effort way to make money. The only catch is that if you TT, you can't or else the turnips will rot the second you skip forward or backward. The great part is that you are not restricted to your own towns' turnips pricing. You can find better pricing and sell the turnips in other villages. You can communicate on these forums or on other boards and sites to find people advertising their high turnip prices. The best thing to do in this case, is buy low preferably 105 bells per turnip or less within your own town and wait or look for someone who has Reese buying turnips at a high price. Preferably 500-600 bells each.

Edit: To begin this, however, a sum of money is required. The amount you will buy depends on how many bells you have. I would advise first to make at least 100k and start with that and slowly build your way up.

Last edited:
Hey, it worked this time! I bought 80 for 99 bells each and sold them the next day for 524 bells each! I even time traveled. I always TT one day and one hour ahead at a time.

Last edited:
i suck at the stalk market so i'll just stick to the tedious beetle catching method.

You can sell your TBT bells for actual bells. That gave me a nice boost, and I used some of that money to fill an inventory with turnips and I made about 8mil just from that. You don't have to cheat to have lots of bells. :)
Definitely take advantage of the turnips!

You can sell your TBT bells for actual bells. That gave me a nice boost, and I used some of that money to fill an inventory with turnips and I made about 8mil just from that. You don't have to cheat to have lots of bells. :)
Definitely take advantage of the turnips!

after reading how much you read, i'm gonna try
i'm pretty poor right now though, only have about 1mil, kinda afraid to take the risk
thonky's guide looks pretty confusing.

It kind of does. But even if you don't TT you can make lots of money from turnips.
I'll fill an extra character's inventory with them and then stalk (lol) the forums and reddit to find someone willing to let me sell turnips in their town. I leave them a nice tip since it takes a really long time to make all those trips from the train station locker to Re-Tail.

The biggest money maker is turnips. Hands down. You buy a lot, like almost all the bells you have then diligently stalk this forum and any other forums out there. Someone will have turnips for 500 or 600. It will be tedious to sell in that persons town, but in about 30 min or an hour you will triple your money. Maybe even more. The trick is to be super diligent to catch the person when they are available.

Having said all that i only did it once because it was so tedious selling that much turnips. Most everything else i have has been beetle hunting on the island. Watch some tv, beetle hunt for about 30-40 min, easy 300,000 per night. Almost like knitting. Ha, ha.

Back