• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Hazzard Town

Game
Wild World
Island/Town Name
Hazzard

themysterybidder

🐴 Devoted to Buck! 🐴 (UK)
Bells
Switch
8113-5873-2420
Island
Hazzard
White Rose
White Rose
Purple Violet
White Violet
Red Rose
Red Rose
Yellow Rose
Red Rose
Red Lily
Red Lily
Wednesday, March 27, 2024
  • I started my journey this afternoon on Kapp’n’s minibus! He asked my name and which town I was headed to. I decided I would venture to Hazzard Town.
  • On my arrival in Hazzard, Kapp’n dropped me off. I went in and met Pelly behind the counter. She must be quite busy as she has two counter to deal with! I also spotted ol’ Tortimer behind the counter!
  • I have cherries as my native fruit, and I fell down a pitfall!
  • I discovered my starters were: Amelia, Pate and Wart Jr. Wart Jr. called me a Coconutter and accused me of Grand Theft Coconut! He asked me my date of birth and finally confirmed I was innocent! Amelia told me about the fruit trees and Pate told me about the various different tools I could purchase from Nook’s Cranny.
  • I also met Tom Nook, who asked me to work for him to help pay off my mortgage. Wow, he is some slavedriver in Wild World isn’t he? He must have come up in the world in New Leaf and New Horizons to have a higher role! (I haven’t met him in City Folk yet!) I completed several tasks. First, he asked me to plant some flowers and saplings outside his store. Next, Mr. Nook asked me to go and speak with the residents and the Mayor. I did that and went back to Nook, but apparently I didn’t speak to them enough! So, I had to go back and find Pate and Wart Jr. again as they were out and about. Amelia was easy enough to find staying in her house. I spoke to them again and went back to Nook. At last! I spoke enough!
  • Down to business, my first ‘real’ task was to deliver to Pate. Pate was very kind and gave me a Kayak in return. Secondly, was some mail to Amelia and thirdly a carpet to Wart Jr. He gifted me a Stone Tile as a thank you. I was told by ol’ Nook no idle chit chat. I thought I was finished, but no, Nook got me to deliver a Watering can to Amelia and I was told NOT to use it myself. If I wanted one I would need to buy one. Went back to Nook, and I still wasn’t finished. I had to go to the Town Hall Bulletin Board and write a notice advertising Nook’s Cranny. Finally, I was relieved to find I was finished work! He would deduct the 1,800 bells from my overall mortgage. All that work and not a single bell to play with! He did tell me that I could make bells by doing an odd task for a villager, and I could sell items to him.
  • I wanted to know what the Town Gate was. I didn’t know Booker and Copper would be there! I like them both, but I’ve always had a soft spot for Booker! (I don’t know if Wild World online play works until April or not! If it does I would have loved one visitor and been able to at least visit one town before then!)
  • I went and collected a few shells, but haven’t sold anything to Nook yet. I will collect some more tomorrow and some fruit so I can afford a shovel and fishing rod to begin with so I can get ol’ Nook off my back for his bells!
I think I've remembered everything that happened!

Pros and Cons – so far …

Pros

• I feel it is very different to New Leaf (not progressed much) and New Horizons as those are the only other Animal Crossing games I’ve played so far.
  • Tortimer! Love him!
  • Able Sisters is available from the start.
Cons
  • Graphics, but I think I will get used to them as I first hated the graphics in New Leaf, but now I don’t mind them!
  • The dual screen, I cannot get used to the dual screen and not being able to take any screenshots.
  • No Buck, yet! All good things come to those who wait!

Thursday, March 28, 2024 – Day 2
  • Day 2 in Hazzard Town and I woke up in my bed. I have a phone aswell that I can change settings when I access it.
  • I discovered we had a new resident, Derwin. I went over to Derwin’s house and found him unpacking. I offered to help, but he said he had a few embarrassing things laying about so he declined my offer. He was hungry too...
Screenshot_20240328_210006_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240328_210009_Gallery.jpg

• Next, I saw Pate outside so I went over to say hello. I scared him! He asked me to deliver a gift to Amelia and within 10 minutes. He didn’t tell me what it was so I was hoping that Amelia would tell me! She did, it was a Sailor’s outfit from Pate.
  • On my way back to tell Pate the delivery was successful I bumped into Wart Jr. Apparently, he threatens Tom Nook until Nook buys his items!
No-one threatens Tom Nook!
Screenshot_20240328_210012_Gallery.jpg

• Pate gave me 500 bells as a thank you for delivering his gift to Amelia. I went to Nook’s Cranny, where Nook told me about Happy Room Academy and how they would judge my house. Before I left I bought a fishing rod for 500 bells. I then went to try (try being the operative word) and catch some fish to sell to Nook’s. However, I did not have much luck, I only caught an Octopus. So, I picked up some shells. I sold them and the Octopus to Nooks. I got 2,870 bells! I bought a net for 500 bells, but no luck even seeing anything to catch yet.
  • Amelia wanted someone to have a rant to, so I happily obliged. I didn’t find it to be a rant, it was an interesting story about when she went out with a boy. She gave me a stool for listening.
  • I went back to Nook’s with some shells and cherries to sell. I only got 390 bells, but bells are bells!
Notes:
  • I saw a sort of flying UFO across the top screen. I wonder what or who that was?
  • I also saw a shooting star!
  • I found Wart Jr.'s dialogue funny!

Back