• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How to make buku bells?

I was going to suggest watching TV or cartoons while beetle hunting on the island - it doesn't have the immediate profit that turnips do, but it is reliable.

What's a "buku"?

Also I just do the island. I'd possibly try the stalk market if I wasn't so averse to losing all that money (and I can't exactly stalk for other people's towns a lot so...) and if Joan wasn't just around in the mornings (since I'm normally asleep then, or if not I'm doing other things)

Really wish Nintendo would just make Joan a full-day thing on Sundays already. Not like it'd make a difference or anything.

Last edited:
How do I do that?

You can do that at the TBT Marketplace - specifically, this thread has a user who is buying TBT bells at a rate of 100 TBT = 800k AC bells. You can also create your own thread with "selling ___ TBT bells" and see what offers you get, like some other users are doing in the Marketplace, but your best deal is probably at thread mentioned above.

Personally I find that the stalk market is the easiest and most "legal" way to make money. I buy a ton in my town and then wait on the board for someone kind enough to let people sell when their price is high 500, 600 bells per turnip. I made a solid 6 million this way.
The easiest way is to stumble upon a popular villager and sell them for an absurd amount of bells. I prefer not to do this, though. I've only sold one villager for 1 million. I could've asked for more because she was popular, but it didn't feel right. -shrugs-

Perfect trees are good, too. You could try to find someone with your perfect native fruit as their premium in Retail. It's best when they don't have the same native fruit as you, of course. Keep a ton of fruit in your storage to really profit when the opportunity presents itself.

You can do that at the TBT Marketplace - specifically, this thread...

Thank you! That's really helpful!

The easiest way is to stumble upon a popular villager and sell them for an absurd amount of bells. I prefer not to do this, though. I've only sold one villager for 1 million. I could've asked for more because she was popular, but it didn't feel right. -shrugs-

Perfect trees are good, too. You could try to find someone with your perfect native fruit as their premium in Retail. It's best when they don't have the same native fruit as you, of course. Keep a ton of fruit in your storage to really profit when the opportunity presents itself.

I'd feel too bad selling a villager. I'd probably just give it away, or at most trade it for something reorderable.

Selling Hybrids. I'm currently aiming for my whole town to be covered in blue roses.

They sell for 100K each so... If I had like 100 that would be 10M

Although turnips look like the best bet as some people are saying, I never knew you could get so much from turnips.

I beetle hunt and fill up all the shelves in the basket. Do that for ten days and deposit ten thousand Bells each day, and you'll have a million Bells.

I beetle hunt and fill up all the shelves in the basket. Do that for ten days and deposit ten thousand Bells each day, and you'll have a million Bells.

Or more efficiently:
  • Bell boom ordinance.
  • Catch only the following beetles: Golden stag, Horned Hercules, Horned elephant, Horned Atlas, Cyclommatus stag. These are from the palm trees. Rainbow stag and Giant stag are from the fruit trees. Rarer even, Scarab beetle.
  • Also catch sharks. Release sunfishes (darned fake sharks).
  • Fill up your basket with these.

One trip is about 400k-600k. You can make 1.2mil a day with two trips to the island. On bell boom. Luckier if beetles/sharks are premium.

It's a grind, but I find it relaxing and so worth it. :3

Or turnips, but I always cba to rearrange my stuff for turnip space. xD;

Last edited:
Back