• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How often do you change your TBT aesthetic?

How often do you change your TBT aesthetic?

• All the time!

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Once a month.

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Every few months.

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • Per every season and/or site event.

Votes: 21 36.8%
  • Never.

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Very rarely.

Votes: 8 14.0%

• Total voters
I usually change it whenever there's a TBT event, but otherwise it's semi-frequent and random for the times in between. Sometimes it'll last a week or two, other times it'll stick for a while. (I don't think my Swordplay Showdown aesthetic is going away anytime soon, haha.)

I usually change them during events. Not for the 2022 December event though because I was too busy. 2023 will also be another busy year for me though I'll try to do the events that I can.

I change it everything there's an event, but last year was the last time I changed it for the holidays. I'll change my aesthetic at some point

Like most, I voted for "Per every season and/or site event" but I also give myself a personal timer of once every 2 weeks, and the kind of aesthetic I switch into depends mostly on what feels just right at that time. It also depends on my personal mood. I currently have 16 main lineups/aesthetics I like to cycle between throughout the year (4 for spring, 4 for summer, 4 for autumn, and 4 for winter) because I try to keep things balanced and idk I guess I enjoy obsessing over something that literally serves no practical purpose outside the forum 😂 can I use pixels to pay bills? Can I hang them on the wall or display them on my shelf and snuggle with them? No 🤷‍♀️ but can I log in to a website and gush over them, bringing me a silly kind of happiness that normies (aka family and friends) will never understand? .....Yes lol

Some lineups were more difficult to achieve than others, like really difficult omg, and thinking about it just reminds me of the sheer torture I put myself through trying to find the correct dates, but at the same time I feel an overwhelmingly wonderful sense of joy and pride when I get to admire them, and it's 100x better when the collectibles just happen to arrange themselves the way you want them perfectly all on their own with little to no effort on your part, as though some higher power up there smiled down upon you, as cheesy as that sounds. Sometimes, it was just meant to be 💞

Some of my lineups I like more than others, yes, but I try to make sure they all have an equal opportunity in the spotlight. Hmmm I can bet no one can guess what my favorite kind of aesthetic is 🌸🌸🌸

guess I forgot to reply here, I voted for "once a month" bc I do change up my aesthetic quite often, and most of the time I change it in subtle ways like adding a new image to my signature or switching up a few collectibles in my lineup. if I really like whatever aesthetic I have going on I may have it up for a few months, but I do like to change things up pretty often 😄

I don’t change it for every event. I didn’t really have anything for the enchanted event last year, even though it was a cool theme and I hate Christmas, so I didn’t even bother with a Christmas getup. I will change it for events I’m interested in as long as I’m not too depressed/busy with life to think of something. I don’t think my Halloween drawings were the best but that one was fun for me.
Outside of events I haven’t even been here a year and idk I guess every 2-3 months? I can see myself sticking for one pic for a long time on here, something about forums makes it very easy to get attached to them so it feels more cozy sticking to one profile pic here. As for sigs, I’ll draw something eventually, I would like to do something with a transparent background like some others commissioned/drew little characters on tiny hills or stuff for their sig. Box/rectangle graphics are very nostalgic and cute but not what I want for myself tbh.

I actually chose my current pic out of anti-Christmas sentiment. Like, I don’t want to be negative or anything but it’s hard not to be sick of the holiday itself and more importantly… the pic is funny.
It’s probably about time I change it, but I don’t have a lot of better ideas. I think the passive exhaustion of this pic actually fits me well, I’m a bit of a weirdo who just pops in and dumps thoughts, it’s sorta cool and goofy- so on. I had a New Year’s Bateman I considered using as a profile pic here but I don’t really think an American Psycho avatar is appropriate for this forum lol idk I want to draw something but I’m not able to capture the mood I want yet. It might also be hard to make something that’s appropriately edgy, but doesn’t feel out of place here, and honestly this pic is toeing that line well because it’s a funny-edgy

never lol, idk i just feel like my avatar/lineup/etc suits me and it'd feel very weird to change it after so many years. i do change my signature here & there though because i'm never really happy with it

Back