• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Has anyone ever went back and looked at their introduction post?

Have you ever looked back at your introduction post?

• Yes

Votes: 18 41.9%
  • No

Votes: 23 53.5%
  • Can't remember

Votes: 2 4.7%

• Total voters
I made one a day after I joined the forums. I only joined here so I could still keep in-tact with my friend on ACC who isn't around here anymore, I also remember I only joined here just for him and him only and wouldn't give a flying fish about anything else on the forums and still prefer Animal Crossing Community over to this.

WELL BOY WAS I WRONG EH?

I never made one, I kinda just crept my way in lol trying to stay unnoticed plus I had way too much anxiety to put myself out there like that. I was pretty much a lurker until the fair 2020 started.

I seem to have never done one, but I do have my first ever post here:

GOSH ALMOST TEN YEARS AGO

I don't want to look again but a while back I looked at the first post I made on TBT. forgot if it was on the introduction board or elsewhere.

i just remember it being chock-full of 2014 cringe... yeeeek

I didn't make an Introduction thread. I initially joined the forums to adopt villagers and buy in-game items, so I just kind of went about doing that and responding to threads to earn TBT. I've also always been a pretty reserved person (despite what my long posts would lead one to believe) and wasn't really inclined toward wanting to draw attention to myself; that hasn't changed much. I don't really socialize with too many folks most of the time, though there are some, and mostly keep to myself. I've always kind of been a part of the community but also apart to some degree.

Just checked because I couldn't remember if I ever made one...

I practiced zero internet safety and announced I was 16 hahaha.
It's overall embarrassing, but also kind of cute looking back at what my interests were at the time.

That's as far as I'm looking back though, I used :3 way too much. 🫣

I did, because I was wondering if it's far off from how my life is nowadays.
I'm actually shocked to see that I made the introduction back in 2018.. I thought it was maybe a year ago o_O
Also, yes I made a introduction about 4 years after I joined and was active 😆
I joined back then when I wanted to sell and buy some Villagers for my town!

Just checked because I couldn't remember if I ever made one...

I practiced zero internet safety and announced I was 16 hahaha.
It's overall embarrassing, but also kind of cute looking back at what my interests were at the time.

That's as far as I'm looking back though, I used :3 way too much. 🫣

You’ve basically just told us your age once again by the way… Though I have mine blatantly on my profile for all to see so who am I to talk? 😅

Anyways, I may have snooped around looking for your post. I just wanted to say your mentioning of Hetaila brought me back haha! Also Pokemon X and Y wow! The announcement of that got me curious about the 3DS in the first place and ultimately lead me to New Leaf. Those were the days weren’t they?

You’ve basically just told us your age once again by the way… Though I have mine blatantly on my profile for all to see so who am I to talk? 😅

Anyways, I may have snooped around looking for your post. I just wanted to say your mentioning of Hetaila brought me back haha! Also Pokemon X and Y wow! The announcement of that got me curious about the 3DS in the first place and ultimately lead me to New Leaf. Those were the days weren’t they?
That information was already out there for however many years due to that intro post, anyone could have figured it out with a little digging, so no use hiding it now haha.

Oh man, yeah the reminder of how into Hetalia I was hit me hard haha! It reminds me of all the old AMVs and cosplay videos I would watch, and animations I would make on the Flipnote app. All that fun kid stuff we'd use to do in the early 2010s. Same with Pokemon X and Y, still remember how hyped everyone was for them, being the very first 3D mainline games. Good times. ☺️

I made one a day after I started using my TBT account, and did look back at it (thread). It's honestly okay. Nothing too exciting or cringe-worthy either way.

yup! here's mine!
i'm not too ashamed of mine. i mean, aside from how shy i was lol. i think i was in the 7th/8th grade when i posted that lol.

I actually never made one! I joined TBT strictly for New Leaf trading purposes and wasn’t interested in the community aspect of the forums, so I didn’t feel the need to introduce myself. I just got straight into trading, and my first post on here was me entering a New Leaf giveaway. 😅

I’m honestly glad of glad that I never made an introduction post. I was 13 and annoying when I joined, so I imagine whatever I would’ve said in it would’ve been cringey and annoying also LOL

The post I made when I joined was so bad I decided to just remove it 💀 some of us were not cool back then

I've only done so a few times, as I was still facing some social anxiety for a while after making it. Here it is for those who are interested.

I basically made that post to tell the world that I've been playing the series for a long time, but only then did I feel comfortable enough to share my love and passion. The fact that I'm nearing 3,000 posts despite not even being here for a full year really says a lot about how well I fit in with this community. I never thought I would continue to stick around, especially considering the fact that I joined TBT well past New Horizons' popularity peak. Even though I'm a member on other forums, only one had seen me as a very active user, and it is sadly defunct now. It was a gaming forum that wasn't even anything close to being Animal Crossing related!

Back