• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How fast can you type?

what's your WPM count?

• >40

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • 40-50

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • 50-60

• 60-70

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • 70-80

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • 80-90

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • 90-100

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • 100-110

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • 110-120

• 120+

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters

xSuperMario64x

Canadian at heart 💜🇨🇦
Bells
Switch
8558-0128-9692
Island
He/him
Purple Hybrid Rose
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
Golden Watering Can
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Rose
White Rose
I do a lot of typing (as in, I write an average of 3,000-5,000 words per day), and I sometimes think about my typing speed. I know that I can type around 80 WPM, but I did a test just to check, and this was my result:

typing speed.png

I also sometimes wonder how many WPM my friends can type, so I figured I would make a thread to ask! I know threads like this exist already, but the last one I found is from 2019, so I think a new one is in order. if you want to use the same test that I used, you can click here!

also, fun fact, I pretty much only use my three middle fingers on each hand to type. the only exceptions are when I use my left pinky for the shift key, and my right pinky for the period/apostrophe/enter/etc keys. it would feel so awkward if I tried to use my thumbs while typing, or using my pinkies elsewhere. 😂

I was averaging around ~70 WPM! I think I've gotten much higher in the past, so I'm hopefully I'm just not fully used to my new keyboard yet. ;v;

Playing Animal Crossing City Folk helped my typing practice. I always felt cool using a USB keyboard when others I'd play with had to use the Wiimote to type with the on-screen keyboard. 😁

1705766671899.png

I'm not sure if this is considered a lot or average, but this is my score. I tend to press the wrong keys a lot when I type, though. I can definitely type fast when I want to, but I try to keep it at a relatively normal speed.

I memorize the keyboard so it’s pretty easy for me to type fast when I’m not looking at the keyboard. I remember doing this test in school, and getting a score over 100. For the sake of the poll, I chose 100-110.

I got 31 wpm, although to be fair I went back to fix typos and am on my phone.

i remember taking a WPM test (different to the one linked) a few months back and getting 112 with a 96% accuracy. thought that was crazy since i didn't look at the keyboard once. never do when typing. i don't have it memorised though, i think it's all just muscle memory since i write a lot of fic/stories.

I average around 80-90 wpm with 100% accuracy. I could type faster but then I'd make mistakes and I'm too much of a perfectionist for that. 😅

120+ wpm with at least 90% accuracy. I actually took a keyboarding class in grade school and won an award for it. I've spent most of my life playing online video games on computers and working with computers, even for my job now, so it's not really surprising.

On my phone quickly, on my laptop, I don't type very fast. But I'm going to improve that, my hand actually gets very sore if I type too fast on a keyboard.

I write my novel on my phone and transfer it to my laptop. I don't wanna miss when a thought comes to mind.

IMG_5892.jpeg

This was my score, but I feel like it’s a lot worse than it could have been just because I did it on phone. On laptop, I can type way faster.

My friend had me take a typing test with them back in November, so I still had the screenshot saved! Otherwise, I wouldn't have really known or paid attention. 😊 I think I mostly use the "correct" touch-typing method, only because they made us practice it a lot in primary school!

Screenshot_154.png

More like "how slow can I type" Imao. I type with only my index finger and middle finger on each hand and I thought that's how everyone types but then when I was like in third or fourth grade I took a typing program thing to improve my speed and accuracy and I learned you're supposed to put your left hand on "ASDF" and your right hand on "JKL;" and hit space with your thumbs and move your fingers up and down to hit the other keys and that's how normal people type apparently. I never ever got the hang of typing with that method and my clumsy fingers always press the wrong keys so I type with fewer fingers to reduce the chances of me hitting the wrong keys.
Screenshot 2024-01-20 165858.png
Screenshot 2024-01-21 011202.png

I got 65! Not super surprised, I use my laptop for assignments and the forums, but the majority of the time I write things out on paper, so I'm not as good on a keyboard.

Somehow I was the fastest in my highschool technology class when we took this, which I think said more about the class than me.

Because I don't type properly at all. My fingers peck at the keys. (quickly pecking...but still pecking nonetheless).

Back