• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How do you stay cold?

I’ll try and stay indoor as much as possible when it’s really hot out. if I have to go out I carry a mini handheld fan with me.

I just chill before my fan and watch TV or play games lol

I open all windows throughout the night and close them in the morning before its heating up. Then staying indoors most of the time when it’s too unbearable outside, or sit outside under some trees or in a forest - the trees keep the temperature bearable most of the time. i also have a water spray bottle and occasionally spray my skin with it all over.

Fan and air conditioning. Sometimes, I spend so much time inside that going out in the heat warms me up like a fireplace does to someone after spending time in the cold.

Ice cream or ice pops:)
Also a cool towel and/or fan and AC if available
But really the key is to stay away from the heat when possible!

I've never had air conditioning, so my options are to utilize ceiling and standing fans (until eventually they're just blowing warm air and not cooling you off), sticking a fan in the window to blow the heat outside, drinking something cold, eating something cold like ice cream, taking a shower, or going somewhere that has air conditioning to hang out for a while.

I’m someone who is often cold so it’s usually not a problem. It’s staying warm I struggle with.

For the odd occasion I do get too hot though I’ll strip layers. I’m a weirdo who wears jeans and a sweater year round even when it’s hot out haha.

i absolutely despise being warm, even if its only a little warm. summer isn't enjoyable for me, at all. unfortunately, in my country, we dont have aircon, and our houses are built to keep warmth inside. as someone who despises the warmth, it is awful, constant humidity.

i keep my window open, try not to eat warm foods, try to eat cold foods and drink, try not to move around as much. oh, also checking the forecast constantly so i can be more productive when its the coldest part of the day. sleeping is a real problem too, but thankfully it gets cooler by September. i dont think i can survive any longer

Last edited:
When I have nothing to do, I lay a wet towel on my bed and lay on it; with another wet towel over me like a pop tart sandwich. I then have a fan blow directly towards me, and I am cold within minutes. A bit too cold sometimes, even. But I tell myself to not complain because the other option is melting.

i overheat super easily so i can't function or live without air conditioning. it plays a huuuuge factor in staying cool for me. showering and then putting off drying my hair helps too, but that isn't really good for my hair so i only do that if it's really bad. aside from that, i leave my ceiling fan on, rely on ice packs, cold drinks/treats. and if i'm outside i try and stay out of direct sunlight, cause otherwise i get hot and woozy

i am literally the same as digi ^ really can’t stand the over hot weather, always makes me feel worse and i can never cool down easily. spend any hot days living next to a fan and drinking a lot of ice cold water, if i have to go out for something then i make it quick, stick to the shade and keep my hair up to try and keep some heat off my back.

Back