• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How do you get over something *minor* but was super special to you?

CylieDanny

🔥The Spicy Prince🔥
Bells
Island
Fuggire
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Fortune Cookie
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
To put in some contex for me,

neopets started doing this safety meadures reset, where they have you reset your password to secure a new one.

Problem for me is the email I used to make my accounts was when I was like nine or ten, and I haven't been on it on years. So i rushed on to switch my accounts that were on that email to my gmail or main email. I managed to switch one of my accounts over to my main email.

The other two I was unable to switch over before the reset and when I went to check the email, see if I could get into it. Well its been deactivated due to my inactivity. Cause i was nine.

So I decided to reach out to Neopets and talked to a guy/girl who was trying to help me. Unfortunatly some information isnt correct, or at least thats what Im guessing. He tried then getting me to remember purchases ive made, or if Ive had primium things which I havent and dont know. I don't have any of that information or whatever else was wrong. So I guess im kinda pooked. I can't provide correct information. I lost two accounts.

Im upset cause unfortunately one had my favorite neopet on it. Now I can't get him back because i dont remember purchases. I still have my other four accounts but not those two...

Its one of those minor losses in ither people's minds, but hits hard since ive loved and worked so hard on them.

Anyway, have you ever lost somethimg thar was super special to you that in most people's minds are minor? Or how do you recommend getting over something? 😥

Last edited:
I totally feel this pain and I’m so sorry to hear they can’t be recovered. Are they unable to restore those pets on your new account since you remember having them? I once had my entire original 90s Pokemon card collection stolen from me and sold, only to be TOLD about it by the person who did it later and I’m still not over it to this day and that was forever ago. I’ve even since rebought almost all of my cards (yes, I remember every single card I had) and it still didn’t help me get over it. Some things, you just don’t get over you just learn to live differently without them. 🥺

I totally feel this pain and I’m so sorry to hear they can’t be recovered. Are they unable to restore those pets on your new account since you remember having them? I once had my entire original 90s Pokemon card collection stolen from me and sold, only to be TOLD about it by the person who did it later and I’m still not over it to this day and that was forever ago. I’ve even since rebought almost all of my cards (yes, I remember every single card I had) and it still didn’t help me get over it. Some things, you just don’t get over you just learn to live differently without them. 🥺
Im sorry you lost your Pokemon Card collection :( That must've been really hard on you

Maybe I could ask that, I hadn't thought about that

I'm so sorry that happened. Losing an account on anything hurts, especially when you're attached to it. I recently lost my first ever Animal Jam Play Wild account, Prowler77. I had the membership, exclusive items, my favorite set of all time (reindeer), and a lot of out-of-store animals that you can't get anymore. But I had to delete it due to forgetting my password, and was unable to transfer anything to my main account because no transfer tool exists. I'm slowly turning my main into a kind-of replica of this account, but some stuff can't be replicated. so... yeah, I know how you feel.

Ahh I'm sorry to hear this, even if it's relatively "minor" in the grand scheme of things, losing something with a lot of sentimental value or attachment really does suck. ;; I know it's not exactly the same, but is there an off-site way you could sort of "reclaim" this Neopet for yourself? If there was an official plush released of his species/color, maybe you could try to get ahold of that, or make him into an OC and collect/create art or stories of him?

It's a bit of a different situation, but I've had to step away from multiple comfort things/hyperfixations of mine in the past for my own good, and it always made me feel miserable. What helped me was holding onto anything I could of it outside of the part I was stepping away from, so I didn't feel like I was losing it altogether. If transferring/restoring the Neopet doesn't work out, I hope you can find some way to help ease the sense of loss. 💙

I sort of feel this because I decided to try giving up on Neopets. A couple of different things going on constantly made me scared I could lose my account at any time and that just wasn't fun. However, Neopets was part of my childhood and I still collect the real life plushies whenever I come across them in thrift stores.
My solution actually ended up being to join a fan game. It doesn't have dressups and it was kinda hard to get in, but I've been enjoying it and trying to reobtain all my pets there. I think I've only been there for 2 months?
Though after doing that, I found out I may have actually lost one of my accounts because I looked and one of them was missing a Neopet... I only looked because I couldn't remember what pets I had.

Now something similar that happened is my Club Penguin account got deleted for inactivity and I didn't get to play during the last moments of the game. Pretty depressing.

I'm so sorry that happened. Losing an account on anything hurts, especially when you're attached to it. I recently lost my first ever Animal Jam Play Wild account, Prowler77. I had the membership, exclusive items, my favorite set of all time (reindeer), and a lot of out-of-store animals that you can't get anymore. But I had to delete it due to forgetting my password, and was unable to transfer anything to my main account because no transfer tool exists. I'm slowly turning my main into a kind-of replica of this account, but some stuff can't be replicated. so... yeah, I know how you feel.
Loosing an account where you had premium stuff, worked hard, and clesrly put in alot of time. Im so sorry to hear you had to delete that..
Post automatically merged:

Ahh I'm sorry to hear this, even if it's relatively "minor" in the grand scheme of things, losing something with a lot of sentimental value or attachment really does suck. ;; I know it's not exactly the same, but is there an off-site way you could sort of "reclaim" this Neopet for yourself? If there was an official plush released of his species/color, maybe you could try to get ahold of that, or make him into an OC and collect/create art or stories of him?

It's a bit of a different situation, but I've had to step away from multiple comfort things/hyperfixations of mine in the past for my own good, and it always made me feel miserable. What helped me was holding onto anything I could of it outside of the part I was stepping away from, so I didn't feel like I was losing it altogether. If transferring/restoring the Neopet doesn't work out, I hope you can find some way to help ease the sense of loss. 💙
Yeah, a plushie would be cool :( I have one already but not a christmas colored one (He was a Christmas Xweetok). Art would be cute, ive drawn him before but that would be nice. But i may look into it.

I may still ask about transfering that single pet. Stepping away for a bit might help, but like you said, having something outside sentimental value would help. Getting some sort of somethimg is a good idea though.

I sort of feel this because I decided to try giving up on Neopets. A couple of different things going on constantly made me scared I could lose my account at any time and that just wasn't fun. However, Neopets was part of my childhood and I still collect the real life plushies whenever I come across them in thrift stores.
My solution actually ended up being to join a fan game. It doesn't have dressups and it was kinda hard to get in, but I've been enjoying it and trying to reobtain all my pets there. I think I've only been there for 2 months?
Though after doing that, I found out I may have actually lost one of my accounts because I looked and one of them was missing a Neopet... I only looked because I couldn't remember what pets I had.

Now something similar that happened is my Club Penguin account got deleted for inactivity and I didn't get to play during the last moments of the game. Pretty depressing.
Honestly its changed, so I dont blame you. Im curious, whats this side game called? So like ypu wete loosing your neopets? Like some were gone?

Pretty much what happened to your club penguin is what happened to me. Im sorry that happened to you

Last edited:
Honestly its changed, so I dont blame you. Im curious, whats this side game called? So like ypu wete loosing your neopets? Like some were gone?

Pretty much what happened to your club penguin is what happened to me. Im sorry that happened to you
It's called Moderneopets. I had to wait for a specific day to send in an application to join. Really weird, but I'm having fun now.
As for the missing pet, what happened is I logged into my main account to briefly look around then I typed my side accounts into the search bar and found out one of them only had 3 Neopets instead of 4. Somebody stole a Starry Poogle that I had gotten from the pound. Unfortunately I don't remember what it was named. I don't really feel like asking the staff for help because I was already giving up and I barely remember anything about this particular side account.

i turn on the news for a few minutes or think about when my little brother passed too young. this looks sarcastic, but sometimes you just have to get outside of yourself and remember you have let go of things before. you can also punch some stuff and sing in the endddddddd

To put in some contex for me,

neopets started doing this safety meadures reset, where they have you reset your password to secure a new one.

Problem for me is the email I used to make my accounts was when I was like nine or ten, and I haven't been on it on years. So i rushed on to switch my accounts that were on that email to my gmail or main email. I managed to switch one of my accounts over to my main email.

The other two I was unable to switch over before the reset and when I went to check the email, see if I could get into it. Well its been deactivated due to my inactivity. Cause i was nine.

So I decided to reach out to Neopets and talked to a guy/girl who was trying to help me. Unfortunatly some information isnt correct, or at least thats what Im guessing. He tried then getting me to remember purchases ive made, or if Ive had primium things which I havent and dont know. I don't have any of that information or whatever else was wrong. So I guess im kinda pooked. I can't provide correct information. I lost two accounts.

Im upset cause unfortunately one had my favorite neopet on it. Now I can't get him back because i dont remember purchases. I still have my other four accounts but not those two...

Its one of those minor losses in ither people's minds, but hits hard since ive loved and worked so hard on them.

Anyway, have you ever lost somethimg thar was super special to you that in most people's minds are minor? Or how do you recommend getting over something? 😥
Im so so sorry! It really makes me sad hearing this. I know you wont get it back now but your memories with it will forever be with you to cherish!

I recently lost my apple pencil and im starting to think it was stolen from my bag. It really broke my heart when I found out, it was a gift and while its not that big of a deal since that person isnt in my life anymore and, well its just a materialistic thing it made me go so ****ing sad and crazy i couldnt function the entire day. I’ll always mourn it forever.

Im so so sorry! It really makes me sad hearing this. I know you wont get it back now but your memories with it will forever be with you to cherish!

I recently lost my apple pencil and im starting to think it was stolen from my bag. It really broke my heart when I found out, it was a gift and while its not that big of a deal since that person isnt in my life anymore and, well its just a materialistic thing it made me go so ****ing sad and crazy i couldnt function the entire day. I’ll always mourn it forever.
Yikes, I can't imagine how you were feeling. Esspecially since it was a precious gift. Yeah I couldn't function for a few days either, and stuff really sucker

Sorry you lost your pencil 🥺

Yeah I wont be getting it back. I could retry if I appeal to the site which a ton of vetern/long term players are doing because the same thing is happening to them. But my ticket number is like in the thousands so Im not gonna :( I'll just charish my memories.

i turn on the news for a few minutes or think about when my little brother passed too young. this looks sarcastic, but sometimes you just have to get outside of yourself and remember you have let go of things before. you can also punch some stuff and sing in the endddddddd
yeah, aside from the news part, this is basically what I did for a few days. Just let it be, and slowly just accept it

Last edited:
Yikes, I can't imagine how you were feeling. Esspecially since it was a precious gift. Yeah I couldn't function for a few days either, and stuff really sucker

Sorry you lost your pencil 🥺

Yeah I wont be getting it back. I could reaply if I appeal to the site which a ton of vetern/ling term players are doing because the same thing is happening to them. But my ticket number is like in the thousands so Im not gonna :( I'll just charish my memories.
You can do this!! Those memories will always stay with you :'D It reminded me of my club penguin account, everything lost.

When I started Primary school my Mum volunteered at the school, so I saw a lot of her, but my Dad worked. So, my Dad bought me a little Pine Marten (named Piney) figurine I really liked, so I had something to think of him at school. I had it in my desk drawer for about 2 years until someone decided to steal him. I was devastated, I have an idea who stole it and it has never left me. My Dad did buy me a replacement, but it wasn't quite the same as the original one had his nose scuffed and little marks on him. I still have Piney Mark II somewhere. I think somethings that happen when your wrong never leave you, no matter how minor they seem to some people.

I would say the best way to get over something minor but special is to focus on the good things about it (which you had). It sounds odd but one of the best ways to grieve is to focus on the good times. For example, say someone you loved dearly has passed away. A good way to get over a thing like this is to think of the good times you had with this person. So a way to get over even something minor like deleting your game progress, just think of your favorite memories. Then with a minor thing, eventually, that will fade and you will have "new beginnings." Of course, if it was special, it never really goes away. But everything should get better. Time will heal you.

i lost about 10 best friends because the bully in a group turned them against me and ive been friends with them since 20 14

Back