Red Envelope
Fortune Cookie
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
When its super hot how do you cool down?

I usually just stretch out infront of a fan, with an ice drink, and listen to stuff. What about you?

Its super hot where I am right now, so I got curious. Being as its sumer and all.

(Note, posted in wrong thread so moved here

I just use the air conditioner, but not when I’m sleeping. I can’t sleep with the loud noises. I let it run whenever I am awake and shut it off right before laying down. I don’t fuss about it. I love the heat.

As others have said, a good fan cools you down— plus I like wearing nice light summer PJs (if at home) and drinking some juice, water, or iced coffee. Sometimes cold showers feel good too!

Last edited:
Mostly I rely on my AC to keep cool, but I’ll also use a fan or cold drinks if the heat is especially awful

My AC was actually broken this whole week and was only just now repaired; during that time not even my fan was helping cause it was only blowing more hot air 💀

"How do you stay cold?" I exist, therefore I am cold. 🧊

In all seriousness, I very rarely need to cool down because it takes a heat wave just to make me break a sweat. I'm also lucky enough to have air conditioning, so staying indoors is usually all I need.

But on the rare occasions when I need to be outdoors during extreme heat, I do a couple of things:
- Wear loose, breathable clothing.
- Put my hair up since it's quite long and heavy.
- Drink iced drinks. Suck on ice cubes. Eat popsicles/ice cream.
- Stay in the shade.

Well considering AC in homes in the UK is non existent it's all about using your fan properly as well as when knowing to open and close windows during the hottest parts of the day.

- Keep windows and curtains closed when the sun is directly facing those windows, otherwise your just letting hot air into the house.
- Open curtains and windows when the outdoor temperature is lower outside than it is inside to allow cool air in.
- Make sure your fan is pointed towards an open window so it can blow the hot air out, if not try and create a cross breeze indoors to allow air to move more.
- Before bed, place your feet in cold water. It will lower your core body temperature allowing you to fall asleep more easily.

If all else fails, then think about heading to the cinema and watching the latest films back to back. There's nothing better than sitting in a pitch black room all day with the sweet cold air from the AC blowing down on you. 😂

my body temperature is crazy hot all of the time, so i always have a hard time staying cool during the summer. i wear the airiest clothes i can and stay next to the fan i have in my room, but if i’m really hot, i’ll go out to the living room where there’s ac, get an icepack from the freezer, and/or take a cool/cold shower. i also make sure to stay as hydrated as i can.

i’m still hot as hell and miserable during the summer, but the above helps me make it through without heat stroke lol

I open all doors and windows at night, then close all of those + all the curtains when the sun is out. This keeps the temperature inside manageable. That and fans make most of the summer okay. I do have air conditioning, but I prefer not to use it unless the heat gets really bad... Mobile AC units are wildly inefficient and a more permanent installation is not an option for the building I currently live in.

I've also seriously considered moving to a colder climate to get away from the heat waves. Feels like the most effective option and there is a decent chance that I will do it at some point in the future. 🤔

It's gonna be 111°F(44°C)today where I live.The best way to stay cool is to stay indoors with a good AC system running and a large fan blowing.Moving as little as possible also helps.

I try to keep the fan going, and I don't have any lights on since they omit heat. I also try to drink a lot of water and I try not to do too much activity when its hot outside. I only turn on the AC when its 90 degrees or higher outside/inside. I also keep my blinds closed as well to not let any sun in. I also open all the windows and the glass sliding door when it cools down to let some air in.

My household keeps the temperature pretty cold because everyone else overheats way too easily.

And I get cold too easily.

So, to answer the question, I just "exist", because that's how my life is.

air conditioning is a lifesaver for me, i warm up easily i find

I'll sit under a fan, or the AC while drinking iced water. When I go outside, I often bring a UV umbrella.

Typically I'll just go downstairs because our upstairs area is a lot more humid than our downstairs and basement areas. I get hot pretty easily but the A/C is a very big help

We have air conditioning which helps. I also take a shower as wet hair can help keep you cool. Cold drinks help too or ice cream if your lucky 🧊🥤🍨🚿

Back