• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How do YOU pronounce Beau?

How do YOU say Beau's name?

• I say "bow", which rhymes with "go"!

Votes: 145 67.8%
  • I say "byew", like in beautiful!

Votes: 61 28.5%
  • Other! (comment)

Votes: 8 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm so bothered why wouldn't you pronounce it bow everyone knows that's how you say the name beau why

It's not universally pronounced the same.
It's like going to China and expecting everyone to speak English fluently.

I'm so bothered why wouldn't you pronounce it bow everyone knows that's how you say the name beau why

I don't know why you would expect everyone to know how to pronounce a foreign name.His name looks like the beginning of beautiful so it should be expected that some people will pronounce it the way it looks not knowing that it may be pronounced differently or having any idea that his name is even foreign.

Last edited:
Pfft, everyone who's everyone would have known how to pronounce it correctly the first time.

Everyone knows that.

I'm starting to call him Byoo in my head now and it won't go away >.<
I love it though.

I pronounce it like "Byew" and i'm kinda bothered that people are annoyed how I don't pronounce it the "correct way". Excuse me, that's like saying "You can't speak english? Wow you're stupid!" to a fricken japanese child. It doesn't matter how you say it. And I hope nobody puts that "But when someone pronounces your name wrong, it's really rude" crap up.

I say Beau as in "beautiful." I don't care how it should be pronounced tbh, if he were a real person I'd say it properly, but since he's just a character in a video game, it doesn't matter.

haterz mad because they don't know how to pronounce names correctly don't hate me cause you ain't meeee

I normally pronounce his name as boo, like what a ghost says, but because it's a name it's bow!

I kind of pronounce it both ways, either as "bow" or "byoo." I switch between the two pronunciations.

Back