• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How do YOU pronounce Beau?

How do YOU say Beau's name?

• I say "bow", which rhymes with "go"!

Votes: 145 67.8%
  • I say "byew", like in beautiful!

Votes: 61 28.5%
  • Other! (comment)

Votes: 8 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I pronounce it Bo/Bow/Boh/etc.

I didn't even know that some people pronounce it as "byew." I figured that the French pronunciation was the proper one?

Yeah I've honestly never heard of saying it "byew" before. I didn't know people pronounced his name any other way than "bow."

I saw Bow~ Though I've always wondered how people say Pietro. I say Pee-trow. But I know others say Pee-et-trow
this'll be totally unrelated, but i actually pronounce pietro as "pyeh-troh" (it looks weird when i type it but yeah) i don't know the proper pronunciation but i still don't think i'll pronounce it any other way haha

and speaking of, "bow" is getting stuck in my head and maybe i'll get used to pronouncing it that way now lmao

I've always pronounced it how it looks,like the beginning of beautiful.I never knew that his name was french but I always thought that I was pronouncing his name it wrong.At least now I know how to properly say his name.

Last edited:
I say Bow since that's the French pronunciation.

I've always wondered how people say Pietro. I say Pee-trow. But I know others say Pee-et-trow

I say it Pee-eh-troh. I realize Pietro is Italian and Diego is Spanish, but the ie and o are in the general same place, so: Dee-eh-go, Pee-eh-troh. That's how I reason it.

I saw Bow~ Though I've always wondered how people say Pietro. I say Pee-trow. But I know others say Pee-et-trow

I pronounce Pietro as PYAY-troh and Beau I pronounce as BEE-yoo but I've never actually heard either name before so I have no idea how they're properly pronounced.

Bow as in go. I've always said it like that because it actually comes from the French word beau (which, ironically, means beautiful).

I say Bow since that's the French pronunciation.

I say it Pee-eh-troh. I realize Pietro is Italian and Diego is Spanish, but the ie and o are in the general same place, so: Dee-eh-go, Pee-eh-troh. That's how I reason it.

I've always said Pee-Troh but now based on your reasoning I'm going to start calling him Pee-eh-troh. Neat!

byoo

his name should be spelled byoo thats cute as hell,

I didnt know people pronounced it bo though?? weird

Bow, bc you say it like bow in my language. And I say pee-tro.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Byoo? That sounds really weird..

This talk about Beau's name pronunciation reminds me of Brett Favre, the former quarterback of the Green Bay Packers football team here in the States.

It's Favre. As in Far-v.

Seems legit.

I'm so bothered why wouldn't you pronounce it bow everyone knows that's how you say the name beau why

I'm so bothered why wouldn't you pronounce it bow everyone knows that's how you say the name beau why

idk why everyone would know that?? I pronounced it beau based on beautiful. also, he responds to it being said "byoo," at least he does for me? maybe he responds to bo as well

anyhow, im so used to byoo that I cant change my pronuncia tion for it now lmao

also, I pronounce pietro pee-eh-tro

Last edited:
LOL WHAT?! I didn't know people said it like "byoo" that's so funny xD I never would have thought of it like that, but it sounds pretty cool I have to say! Then again, I pronounce Merengue really weirdly so.. lol. I say it like "bow" as in a hair bow.

Back