which one?

• immediately

Votes: 58 80.6%
  • wait to moisten/soften

Votes: 14 19.4%

• Total voters

ekcomyth

Bells
Do you eat it immediately once you poured the milk in, or do you wait a bit for the cereal to moisten/soften a little then eat?

edit: when i say moisten or soften, im not talking about the point the cereal goes soggy. Just the middle between crunchy and soft.

Last edited:
Nah, I like my cereal crunchy. But I think it also depends on the brand you prefer.

I’m in the bizarre “neither-I eat cereal without milk” camp. I’d probably go with immediately because if you let it soak it ruins both the cereal and the milk (though I still count it ruined as soon as it touches)

I like my cereal crunchy so I eat it as soon as I’ve poured the milk in. I hate it when it’s all soggy.

I eat it right away. I'm also the sort of person who doesn't put a lot of milk in their cereal.

crunchy all the way man. why would you want to eat soggy cereal

I’m also team crunchy, I put in the bare minimum of milk and eat it as fast as I can bc I hate soggy cereal 😑

I'm going to be the odd one out and say I like my cereal soft. I don't like crunchy foods in general so I use lots of milk and tamp the cereal down until it's all covered in milk and moist before I eat it. I eat it pretty quickly after that, though, so it doesn't get completely soggy.

I eat my cereal dry and have a glass of milk (or just coffee) on the side. I also hate using utensils to eat cereal so usually I'll grab a couple of pieces, pop them in my mouth, then chase it down with a swig of my beverage.

Crunchy cereal gang. I absolutely hate it when my cereal gets soggy, so I eat it fast lol. It tastes best when it's crunchy and when the milk is still fresh and not full of cereal dust.

for me it depends what kind of cereal, i mostly eat the plain cheerios and i like having them a little soft. but if it's chocolate or colorful i eat it immediately because i don't really like the milk getting so mixed with the flavor and/or colors. the rainbow look is pretty off-putting to me so i try to finish it as fast as i can

I like my cereal slightly wet with a crunch. More cereal, less milk ratio; I hate drinking the leftover milk when my cereal is all gone. I also do love me some dry cereal though. Cereal for me is best when consumed at night, it just hits different. I never crave cereal in the mornings.

I try to eat my cereal as quickly as possible once I pour milk in. I don't like it when it gets soft.

Last edited:
immediately, i like my cereal to be crunchy. i eat cereal and oatmeal on different days each week, depending on my mood/texture preference for that day. when my cereal gets soggy, it makes me think i should’ve made oatmeal in the first place bc it’s healthier than the cereal i eat.

Doesn't matter to me, as long as it's not soggy Cheerios.

Back