• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!

How do you cope with anxiety?

Breathe. Get out of whatever place the thing that's triggering your anxiety is (if it's a particular person or even object), and just breathe. Keep breathing, and just try to stay calm. That's what I always do. I just have to walk away and breathe.

medication and exposure, but mostly exposure.

i used to have crippling anxiety a few years ago, and had to do a full reboot at a mental institution, which basically turned my life 180 degrees around for the better. i got on the right drugs (and off the useless ones) and was forced to (and forced myself) to be around people, which allowed me to work on exposing myself to situations i was anxious about.

there's a lot of potential ways to deal with anxiety though, such as learning breathing techniques and exercise.

I had anxiety yesterday night. What I did was think of someone important to me, put on some music, then prayed to a person who probably doesn't even know me, and go to sleep.

also, crying helps too

dont forget to cry your eyeballs out atleast once a week

I had to look up the definition of escapism. I feel better knowing this is a thing, I just always thought i was insane.

You're not insane! It's a super common thing to do, whether it's through books/ movies/ your own creations etc.

Back