• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

how do u feel about 2023 ending?

I think it was fine, but I never like this time of year. It’s just another day closer to it being spring again, which I’m alright with. We can go back to the really hot weather. All it makes me think of is this time at school when we had to answer what we personally learned about climates, and I wrote “I want to move.” Before that, I just assumed it snowed everywhere, but I still associate this time of year with colder weather.

Aside from that, I did make a few tough decisions this year that needed to happen to improve my life. I’m happy with my decisions. I hope next year will continue to be a good year. I have a vacation to look forward to at the end of next year, and there’s something I hope to accomplish in the next few months. I won’t say anything regarding this thing until it happens. I don’t want to jinx and put unwanted pressure on myself by mentioning it.

I hope next year is a good year, and here’s to “26 looking 16.” I’ve always wanted to hashtag that — since my birthday is in two weeks.

I always welcome the new year. That being said, I had a really good 2023 though it was a bit rough in the beginning months and this month. I think 2024 will be a good year too.

I am ok with the idea of 2023 ending. This year wasn't great but it wasn't super bad either for me. The ending was rough but it turned out ok.
I think I have mentioned it on the forums before, but I am nervous for 2024 because it is election year in the US. Election years are always wild here. Also nervous because of current world events/concerns which I am not going to mention them (multiple) by name. 2024 is another pointer for me of life progressing, such as my dogs aging along with certain people which can be tough. And though my perspective isn't, positive... I do know there are some positive things in store for me in 2024 too. It is just that the negative concerns are kinda louder for me than the positive stuff. A few positive things I am going to list for my own benefit are:
Palworld comes out next month. This is a game I have been looking forward to playing for a long time with my spouse and his friend.
I will be having my first actual aquarium this year. I almost have everything for it to start cycling and the prep work is almost done for it.
I get another go at gardening this spring to improve and learn.
I will get to spend even more time outside in 2024 with my electric push lawn mower since it is something I can healthily use and can take my time with if needed that day.
That is all that I know of so far for positive things for 2024.

i mean it's not as if the world gets a fresh slate

trying to compartmentalize things i'd rather not think about into years doesn't help me. that kind of band-aid sort of gives people a cognitive dissonance to the reality bad things don't just happen, they also bubble up and are the direct effects of decisions in constant

I feel kinda anxious to have it be almost 2024. Time is moving too fast!! I'm almost like "wait! Wait! I need some time to register this!!" But at the same time, I'm excited. I always get so motivated to reorganize my life during the new year. So it's a mix of feelings for me lol

It's like, we're no longer in the early 2020s, and we are entering the mid-2020s..

IMO, every decade was their best during their mid era!

Mid 90s
Mid 2000s
Mid 2010s

Each era before, and after were disastrous but somehow the mid eras are always a blast? Why is that? LOL So, I'm excited.

My feelings about it are kinda complicated, tbh. It scares me how quickly time is going by. It feels like 2023 just started yesterday, and like the past 364 days have gone by in a blur. I still feel trapped in 2020 sometimes, or like I’m still a teenager, so the fact that it’s nearly 2024 and I haven’t been a teenager in 4 years is scary to me. Time is going by so fast and it seems to just keep speeding up, and I’m not sure how to catch up. If this is what growing up is like, then I don’t know how older grown-ups don’t feel like they’re running out of time all the time. I’m only 21, and already I feel like half of my life is over, and my prime time is running out. 😅

That being said, I’m scared to see 2023 end because I’m terrified of what 2024 might bring. 2023 wasn’t a perfect year for me, but it was much better than the past 3 have been. After my mom spent most of 2020 and 2021 severely ill, losing my grandmother and 3 cats (one of whom was my best friend) in the span of 9 months in 2021 - 2022, my family’s dynamic and relationships breaking down as a result, and just having an utterly spirit-crushing, traumatizing and horrific time (and still struggling now), 2023 is the best year I’ve had in a long time. I’m terrified that it’s the calm before another storm for my family and I.

I’m conflicted on how to feel about 2023. It hasn’t been entirely good, especially in regards to events that have happened/are happening around the world. It’s been beyond devastating to see the tragedies happening in certain parts of the world, and other parts’ responses to them and lack of regard for them, and I can’t imagine just how horrific it must be to be witnessing these events firsthand and living in them. If 2024 brings anything, I hope it’s peace and justice for them, and a stop to the horrors being inflicted on them. That’s really starting to feel like wishful thinking atp, but I yearn for a day where people of all backgrounds, races, ethnicities, genders, sexual and romantic orientations etc can live in peace. I hope that day comes sooner than later, even if doing so makes me naive.

Personally, 2023 had a lot of low moments for me, but it also had a lot of good! I…

- finally graduated from high school! I’m always embarrassed to admit that it took me 7 years to graduate because of my mental and physical health, but at the end of the day, I think it says a lot about me that instead of giving up and dropping out (which was very tempting at times), I persevered and kept going until I had a diploma in my hand! My struggles were never academic-related; my grades were never below in the 60’s, and the only times I failed a class or an assignment was when I was too sick to partake. I persevered in spite of my mental and physical illnesses, my social shortcomings, my mom being sick, losing my grandmother, 3 cats and all of the horrors that came after, etc. I wish I had been able to graduate when I was supposed to, but I’m so proud of myself for graduating at all. The odds were against me, but I did it. 💪🏻

- Began doing my makeup again after feeling too unmotivated, depressed and ugly for 3 years. I still don’t do my makeup as often as I used to, but the fact that I started doing it again at all is a big step for me.

- Saw Barbie and Five Nights at Freddy’s in theatres! I didn’t know I needed a live-action Barbie movie until it was here, but I’m forever grateful for the healing it gave me. I still think all the time about how incredible sitting in that theatre on opening night was, surrounded by like-minded strangers who all came dressed in pink. We laughed together, watched silently together, and it was such a beautiful experience. I hadn’t felt that okay in so long. I yearn to have an experience akin to it again one day. 🥹💖 I never thought we’d get the Five Nights at Freddy’s movie with how long we went without hearing anything about it, so I was so happy when we finally got the trailer and cast list! I’d waited over 8 years for it, and finally seeing it in theatres was surreal! It wasn’t everything that 13-year-old me had hoped for, but it was still so incredible in its own ways! The non-CGI animatronics, MatPat’s cameo, The Living Tombstone playing during the credits, Josh Hutcherson and Matthew Lillard as Mike Schmidt and William Afton, all of the little easter eggs, etc!! Two movies that I didn’t know I needed. I’ve been struggling with change and growing up so badly, and having two big parts of my childhood show up for me and soothe parts of me like that was so beautiful.

- Flew in an airplane for the first time! Despite how petrified I was and how desperately my brain tried to convince me that something bad was going to happen if I got in the plane, I conquered my anxiety and had an incredible time! It was solid proof that despite how convincing my anxiety and intrusive thoughts are, they aren’t real. I’ve always wanted to fly in a plane, so finally getting to cross it off my bucket list was amazing! ✈️❤️

- Went to my first concert! My mom and I went to see LP, who I introduced my mom to earlier this year, and we had a great time! LP sounds incredible live, and it was such a full circle moment to hear them perform the song that introduced me to their music. So crazy to think that if I hadn’t heard it in an edit I saw on Tiktok, my mom and I would’ve never been at that concert.

- Got a new phone, and tickets to see Melanie Martinez in concert next year! They were both Christmas gifts from my mom, and I’m still in disbelief. I’ve been wanting a new phone forever as my old phone was so outdated that most apps were unusable, and most webpages wouldn’t load. The battery also drained insanely fast. I didn’t think I’d be able to get a new phone for years, so the fact that my mom got one for me is so… 🥹 Melanie Martinez is one of my all-time favourite artists. I love her and her music so, so much; her songs have gotten me through so much, and I have never, ever wanted to see an artist live so badly before. I was so sad at the thought that I wouldn’t ever get to hear her perform any of her Crybaby or K-12 songs live, or any of her songs live, so knowing that I’m going to see her live next June is so surreal to me. I’m so nervous, but also beyond excited!

- Made new friends and became closer with some of my old friends. 💜

- Made new beautiful memories thanks to TBT and all of the lovely people here! I got ideas for how to be more creative with my island journal entries thanks to the New Year, New Horizons - ACNH Blogging Event, had a blast during space camp, got to team up with some awesome people (go Moon Bunnies! 🤍), won a Rainbow Crescent Moon, won my first staff favourite during TBT’s Haunted Carnival, had so much fun participating in the Stole-iday event and somehow won a Purple Flower Glow Wand, and so many other incredible things have happened!! It’s been a blessed year on TBT for me, I’m so excited to see what the future holds! ✨

- My parents and cat are alive and reasonably well, and will be coming into 2024 with me. ❤️

Similar to what demoness said, January 1st won’t magically erase any of the horrible things that happened this year or in past years. Most of the horrible things that are ongoing will still be happening come tomorrow. All I, and everyone else, can do is try our best each day. I’m trying my best to be optimistic about 2024, and pray that it brings nothing but blessings for my loved ones, myself, and the world.

It was not a pleasant year, I've seen worse but 2023 brought me some stress and I had to say goodbye to things that were around me since my childhood, and I'm a kind of person that dislike changes. This year we couldn't enjoy summer, because busy with other annoying things, I went out like 3 times, I couldn't grow plants and veggies, I couldn't go to places I wanted to, same for fall, I missed the colorful leaves and Halloween, then I thought we would have a cosy winter but NO, a company came and cut the woods next to my house and started building houses super close to ours and they are making a lot of noise every day. Then all our fresh snow melt, just before TBT event and Christmas looked gray and muddy... Plenty other annoying things happened but I will stop here, let's just say it was a disappointing year.

BUT I got a switch lite with ACNH! And had fun on TBT

I'm not looking forward to 2024 because all annoying things that started in 2023 will continue in 2024 and new problems with come with them. Also I just learned that some of my relatives are really sick. I'm really worried but still hope they will get better.

My dentist is also planning to take all my money in January... I don't know what is going on with dentists these days but they always want to fix something, like every 3 months, and not the tooth that is actually hurting.

At least TBT will have some fun activities for us in 2024.

Goodbye 2023, I won't miss you!

Good riddance. The word I would describe 2023 would be "Manipulation". It tries to make you think things are going well and then all of a sudden it comes crumbling down. It leaves you baffled and confused. You find yourself trying to figure out what just happened and its just gets more uncomfortable not only for your mental well being but your insanity. 2023 really played you like a fiddle and messed with your emotions. Thats how I personally feel about how this year went.

As for going forward in 2024, I don't have any goals or dreams. Right now all I have is just survival mode. No matter what is happening in the world and no matter how hard things are, I will have to keep being strong and not let things catch me off guard. Thats how I am going to approach 2024.

I'm glad to see 2023 go, it was a crappy year for me for many reasons. Most of my days were uneventful and boring, but some very tragic events happened and my mental health spiked. That isn't to say this year was a total let-down, though; I discovered my love for metal, I got my cats back, a new mainline Zelda game released, I started watching what is now one of my favorite shows, and I made new friends. I didn't participate in many TBT events, but I had a lot of fun during the annual egg hunt and SCBT. But besides all that, I also think I could've handled a lot of situations differently and in a more mature manner. Generally I don't really care for New Year's and I don't tend to make any resolutions around that time just because the calendar changed, but I'm hoping I can better myself as a person in 2024 and the following years.

2023 was a record year for me and it's the best year I've had since 2011, so I'm sad to see it go to be honest. Especially because 2024 could end up being worse in some way. I'll withhold my judgment for next year until it's over, but not going to have high expectations for it. Lol.

Mixed feelings.

I am pretty hopeful for 2024 I am hoping to finally get to the psychiatrist in the coming months. And I hope I can get my ID and bank account. Plus, an online friend of mine will finally graduate this coming May or June.

However, I often get anxious about a new year coming since I get worried about how it will be. NTM, January is my least favorite month of the year.

2023 seems to be ending similar to how it started. My family and I carrying burdens from the previous year. My family is in good health this time, so I think that's an upgrade at least. I foresee 2024 being a difficult year because of job and familial reasons. However, I hope that I'll be able to become more independent because of it.

I don't really feel anything? Everything feels pretty much the same and not in a good way. Well, minus the fact my health was even worse this year. I don't really want to hope for anything because I know that'll greatly disappoint me.

This year was pretty decent, at least better than 2022 in my book.

Looking to see what 2024 brings, as aside from a few movies I'd like to see I'm not sure what else. It's exhilarating!

2023 was a very uneventful year for me. Other than making myself known here on TBT and quitting a second job I had alongside my current one, I can't recall many good memories.
Okay, maybe the Detroit Lions winning a division title for the first time in 30 years was something special...

My social life continued to drag itself down, and with the new year approaching, I'll be celebrating the drop at home with just my mom and pets. I've mentioned it before, but I've been in a "lone wolf" phase for the past three months or so, and at this point I believe that the few friends I still had have all moved on with their lives. I'm just going to take it easy in the next year, and try my best to maintain a positive attitude and keep myself comfortable and healthy. If I make new real life friends, great. If not, I'll make it work.

2023 was quite a year for me. It's continued the trend of my life since 2020 and continued being majorly life changing (in a positive way). I feel like I have my life and hope back.

After that, in November I finally got to take a trip to the Northeast where my family and I have been planning on moving to, and I fell in love and have definitely decided that is where I want to move, and I am now, to close 2023, beginning that processes of that move.

The original plan was to take a trip up there back in the Spring and hopefully move before the end of the year. That didn't happen for a variety of reasons. Despite that delay (life happens), things are now moving forward. Going into 2024 is making me both nervous and excited because of how imminent that move now is.

Back