tumut

bobo
Bells
Ruby
Chao Easter Egg
Chao Easter Egg
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
I used to have really bad depression and hated myself but these days I love myself and feel narcissistic at times. I try to remind myself to be chill and not judgemental of other people, especially young adults my age, but still find myself getting annoyed and having a superiority complex at times. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and how everyone is doing on self-love on tbt. For me the feeling of self-love is so addicting. Anyway for me I think it's much healthier to be overconfident than to be self-loathing so I don't let it get to me.

I’m mostly confident, but I’m definitely not narcissistic. There was a time when I didn’t like anything about myself, but after changing a few things in my life, I gained some confidence. It’s hard to tell anyone how to gain confidence because everyone is different. Watching motivational videos has helped me, and I’m referring to one content creator in particular. I won’t mention him publicly, but I’ve been watching him for four years and his videos help a lot. It’s more persistency than anything. It doesn’t help overnight, but if you keep up with positive affirmations, you will start to believe it.

There are times when I feel overconfident, trust me. It’s so much better than hating yourself to the same extent. I try not to be cocky though. I just want to be respected by people I come into contact with, so I try to be a nice person in general.

I am not a very confident person, but I do like things about myself. I just worry that others won't like me and I know I care far more about that than I should.

i'm not confident. i wish i was. i have bad anxiety lol. though i chose the "like some things about myself" option because it's true, and i don't want to put myself down completely even if i feel otherwise.

I’m not sure why being very confident means “chad”? Maybe I’m misinformed but chad is usually a negative. I feel like the 32 years of growth I’ve made to get to this point is anything but negative. Anyway, I voted for that one. Being in a career and independent for several years forces you to get to a point where if you don’t believe In yourself and stop doubting yourself, others will never believe in you and always doubt you. Trust your instincts and never allow others to gaslight.

Last edited:
I’m not sure why being very confident means “chad”? Maybe I’m misinformed but chad is usually a negative. I feel like the 32 years of growth I’ve made to get to this point is anything but negative. Anyway, I voted for that one. Being in a career and independent for several years forces you to get to a point where if you don’t believe In yourself and stop doubting yourself, others will never believe you and always doubt you. Trust your instincts and never allow others to gaslight.
Being confident and totally self absorbed are two different things. I think it’s okay to show confidence even to a big extent.

Being confident and totally self absorbed are two different things. I think it’s okay to show confidence even to a big extent.
I totally agree! I’m betting I’m just misinterpreting a “Chad” as a negative.

The first thing that came to mind was Wayne June's booming voice saying, "Overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer." I guess I played too much Darkest Dungeon. 😅

I'm confident in being able to cook dinner or clean the apartment. I'm confident I can take relatively nice-looking photos. I'm confident I can express myself in writing. But if OP's question is about being confident... as a person? I don't know how to answer that. I have some personality quirks I like and some that I don't. I know I'm not infallible. I have opinions that matter to no one. And I don't care what other people think about me. I don't feel the need to impress. It's not that I'm confident of myself when I say these things. It's just that I realize certain situations are beyond my control so I don't want to spend time and energy worrying about them.

Either I'm overthinking the topic or I'm just having an elderly moment. 🤨🤪

I hate myself to be honest. Not going to lie about that. I focus on others more than myself and helping others out. I have to say, however, that I had a friend in uni who was a narcissist. Found them to be incredibly annoying. I tend to avoid people like that like the plague. :lemon:

i definitely have a lot to work on and a lot to learn about life, but overall i feel mostly confident. ive come a long way, and im proud of myself for continuing to try even when life gets hard. there are times where i feel down about myself and the mistakes i make, but i try to remind myself that theres plenty of good traits i have too. confidence is definitely something ive struggled with throughout my life, but i think ive been growing more confident as i handle more challenges in life

Reactions: Neb
i’m gonna sounds like such a debbie downer for saying this lol, but i honestly don’t like myself at all. i have no confidence in the way i look, the things i do or create, the way i speak, none of it. i second guess every single thing that i do and it is... exhausting. for years now, i’ve felt like some
sort of weird, foreign alien; like everyone else is normal and belongs here, and i don’t, and i feel like other people can sense that as well? idk lol.

on a positive note, there are a few things about myself that i don’t totally hate, but i really need to work on my confidence. 😅

I can sit here and type i love myself and i am great and it's true! There is a chemical imbalance in my brain which can tell me otherwise and i find myself in episodes of low self esteem but as the years go on i find ways to manage it better. I'm good at being overconfident over short bursts of time but afterwards i become overly critical of myself and think about what else i couldve done, overall i think that's normal and just needs some work. I'm a shy person and pretty bad at physically expressing my emotions and i'm always monotone so ppl tend to get different impressions. I know what i am so idc. I also find myself being overly judgmental at times when it would be in my best interest to "Let ppl enjoy things". I am described by others as accommodating and nonjudgmental so the opposite is also probably true in a lot of cases. I'm not afraid to speak up at all unless i think the conflict would outweigh the benefit of doing so / if it's harmless enough

i struggle with depression and used to not be confident at all but nowadays i think im oretty much confident! sure, there are sometimes when i feel bad about something but not that often? i found out that the key to being confident is faking it till u make it. i remember that i was obsessed w those memes abt being garbage or wanting to die and made self deprecating jokes all the time and tbh i believe that thats what made me feel that way? i normalized it a lot... and also im pretty sure that it used to make people uncomfortable when i made jokes abt wanting to die. in my defense those were trendy and i was a depressed teenager lol but yeab u just gotta start repeating self boosting jokes and it will make everyone laugh and also boost ur confidence. i dont think that being confidente or feeling sometimes superior to others is bad unless u start acting badly bc of it? like, if u are aware enough to post it i dont think its an issue. i hope u can keep things healthy!

I had very bad confidence and insecurity problems for a long time. Being called ugly my entire childhood and adolescence pretty much ruined my self esteem. Eventually I learned I had to accept myself if I wanted to form any meaningful connection with other people. Ever since I’ve walked more confidently and quit hating myself. There are still problems though. I still can’t look into a mirror with glasses on because there’s still this part of my mind that says I’m ugly. I’ll sometimes have a passing thought that all my friends find me annoying too. They’re not nearly as pervasive as they were before though. Instead of consuming me every time I open my mouth, they’re just passing thoughts. This has let me focus more on what I’m doing rather than whatever traits I supposedly lack.

It’s definitely a long process. If you’re struggling with confidence it’s always a good idea to stay in touch with friends and/or talk to a therapist. There will be days where those old thoughts will return. Just be patient and eventually they will pass.

Hmm. I'm ok with myself but I also don't think too highly of myself either! I'm working really hard to be a better person overall and hopefully I can feel more confident.

Not really confident. I tend to doubt myself so many times and I always have a fear of messing up. Since I grew up in such a toxic environment my mindset has been so spoiled for expecting the worse outcome and I have trust issues.

Last edited:
Im some what confident! I sometimes think I am wrong but for the most part I never doubt myself!!! I always think positively and then even if it turns out bad there is always something good that comes out of every experience!

A little bit. I'm moreso realistic about my strengths and shortcomings. But I also grew confident in the fact that I'm a person deserving of existing and love, too.

I feel like I'm really in the dumps about myself right now. Almost in every aspect.

Over the years, I've learned to love myself and to always carry an inner strength with me and to be strong, but I do have insecurities like everyone else.

Back