• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Have you played Cuphead?

Alexander97

Bells
Switch
6684-3618-5396
One of the most interesting platformer/ shooting games I’ve seen and played! I love the 50s style cartoon look and how charming the characters are in this game. However, beneath all that adorable artwork, lies a super difficult game. You die, die, and die over again in each clever boss match as well as the run and gun levels. So many times I’ve come close to victory, only to have a random object fly out of nowhere! Two players kind of helps for the bosses, but they still don’t let up! Awesome game however! Highly recommend it! :)

I’ve heard of it when it was only on xbox one and was so disappointed it wasn’t coming to ps4, but i was really happy to see it on the switch now that i have one. problem is i don’t have the money. for my bday I was going to see if i can get pokemon snap and persona 5 strikers (not sure if i will be able to get both). The cartoon look is what made me interested in it! Glad to hear it is fun :). There was another game that kinda had a similar art style but it was a jump scare game; i get scared easily so no thanks to that one 😅.

I've heard of Cuphead and the art style attracts me but I don't think I'd be able to handle the difficulty. I give up too easily haha.

I’ve heard of it when it was only on xbox one and was so disappointed it wasn’t coming to ps4, but i was really happy to see it on the switch now that i have one. problem is i don’t have the money. for my bday I was going to see if i can get pokemon snap and persona 5 strikers (not sure if i will be able to get both). The cartoon look is what made me interested in it! Glad to hear it is fun :). There was another game that kinda had a similar art style but it was a jump scare game; i get scared easily so no thanks to that one 😅.
Was the horror game Bendy and the Ink Machine?

I've heard of Cuphead and the art style attracts me but I don't think I'd be able to handle the difficulty. I give up too easily haha.

Was the horror game Bendy and the Ink Machine?
yes! that’s it. it looks so interesting but i looked at some of the screenshots and it would definitely give me nightmares.

yes! that’s it. it looks so interesting but i looked at some of the screenshots and it would definitely give me nightmares.
Yeah I get what you mean. I thought about getting the game since it's cheap but I don't know if I'd be able to handle it. There's something about that art style that is just extra creepy. I do really like this song though. Here

To date, Cuphead is the only game I haven't beaten. I'm at Dr. Kahl's Robot, and it's insane. As I've pointed out before, I know I'll have to dedicate a few hours to that boss alone to learn the patterns, I just haven't gotten around to it.

I've played it once and the gameplay and art style was cool, but its super hard and super frustrating!!! Its not my cup of tea for sure, but it seems like a great quality game and I can understand why some people like it.

It's has to be one of my top favorite games of recent years (even named my NH island after the isles in the game). Love everything to the artstyle, gameplay, music and characters. Definitely a game that makes you feel like you've accomplish the impossible when you beat it haha. I'm just waiting on the DLC to get more of that difficulty "fun".

I tried it once, but it's not my game. Hollow Knight is the only game in this category I'd continue.

Yes! I really wanted to like it, but I have major problems with the game’s difficulty. These days, I don’t really have time to play the same level 20+ times (at least for something that’s required!), and the gameplay feels unnecessarily hard, which makes it even more tedious. I absolutely love the art style and characters, though, so it’s a shame that the execution isn’t great.

I love Cuphead but it is super hard, I played it a bunch when it first came out but gave up on some of the later levels, I need to pick it back up.
I have an enormous amount of respect for the devs as I dream to make my video game someday and they just decided to go for it and make this amazing masterpiece of a game. Animation is also a huge interest if mine so the game really appeals to me.

I have, and it's awesome.

But, I don't handle stressful games very well. Completed some of those early stages and loved all the design aspects. But, some of the later levels were stressing me out too much to go on. I was having flashbacks to my Sega Genesis days. Difference is, back then it was fun to play one game over and over...it was usually all that you had. Now I can spend my time on any number of literally hundreds of other games on Game Pass (or just my backlog of unplayed stuff). So...getting stuck on one hard game seems like a waste of my time now. It is an excellent game, however.

I have! Completed it once and that's enough for me until the dlc - I did pacifist on all the run and guns but don't care to get A grades (or try the harder difficulty from the regular one). I did try the second routes that got added, like sparing the onion, playing as mugman as I enjoyed that addition to single player. Looking forward to the DLC, whenever it comes out!

I haven't played it, because I think it looks boring. I can't understand the hype around it, but yet again that's my personal taste :b

I've seen Jacksepticeye's Let's Play of it at the end of 2017, but it looked so dang difficult for me, so I'll most likely only play it whenever someone else who has it asks me to, even if rumour has it that levels get twice as difficult when two players play it. :p

I bought it when it went on sale on Switch recently ^_^ I *did* try it already on PC years ago but I just failed and failed, partially because I am garbage at mouse and keyboard.. (but also partially cuz I just suck in general lol). I bought it on Switch again anyway because this year has been a very "revolutionary" gaming year for me. I've gotten into indie gaming, branched out into genres I never would have played before, and I've just really expanded my interests! I figure I'd give it another chance, and with the controllers instead of m&kb, I think I'll have better luck this time around.

I played the game. I didn't like it overall due to its difficulty. So hard to enjoy it when you keep on failing bosses and levels to no end.

One of the most interesting platformer/ shooting games I’ve seen and played! I love the 50s style cartoon look and how charming the characters are in this game. However, beneath all that adorable artwork, lies a super difficult game. You die, die, and die over again in each clever boss match as well as the run and gun levels. So many times I’ve come close to victory, only to have a random object fly out of nowhere! Two players kind of helps for the bosses, but they still don’t let up! Awesome game however! Highly recommend it! :)
I absolutely LOVE the style of the game, I don’t know what cartoon it reminds me of but it reminds me of something!
Ive watched YouTubers play it and I feel their pain when they die a millimetre from the end of the fight. I don’t know if I’d have the will power to carry on through the game though, I feel like I might manage the first level or two but it just looks insane during some boss fights!

Back