• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Have you played Cuphead?

Hearing how hard it is has now made me pause and reconsider getting it. 😅 the art style though is so cool.

I considered it at one time because of it's praise and it's style really stands out as different and refreshing. However, what turns me off to it is the "luck" aspect to it as some people call it.

tbh I got it and beat the entire game that weekend! I think there are just a few badges i'm missing.

Last we heard, the dlc was coming 2020, then late 2020 they said 2021. 2021 is halfway done and we haven't heard anything yet 👀 I'm not too sure which my favourite boss is. I really liked briney beard, king dice, the devil, and grimm matchstick
Post automatically merged:

I considered it at one time because of it's praise and it's style really stands out as different and refreshing. However, what turns me off to it is the "luck" aspect to it as some people call it.

Don't be discouraged! I never really felt like luck played too big a part in things (though there are some combos that are harder than others on fights like the honey bee and calamaria)

It's been one of my major fandoms for a year now. I love Beppi and Baroness and my ACNH island name comes from the game's location.

Always want to play it, but never had the chance. I like the animation style and it looks really fun to play.

Reading the good reviews make me think i might not be wrong.

I’ve beaten a few bosses on the Switch port before. The 1930s artstyle and jazzy soundtrack really make it feel like an interactive cartoon. The problem is the lack of a difficulty curve. The game starts extremely hard and from what I’ve heard, ends even harder. That’s not a great way to entice new players. If I’m in the mood for a challenging Platformer I might come back to this game.

I just got it today and I love it! The way the story is shown in a little book in the opening and the art style is just so cool, not to mention the music. In spite all the warnings of how hard it is, I did not expect both simple and regular to be as hard as they are. I did beat a boss stage for simple; c- though 😅. Only to find out that I need to beat regular to get the boss needed for game’s objective. I’ve been told that the key to this game is observing the boss patterns and trial and error, and also to take breaks if I’m struggling.

I've never played it, no! I absolutely adore the art style - I think the artists did a phenomenal job but I am notoriously bad at games. Mario games give me a hard time. I know in my heart that Cuphead would not be the game for me, despite how cool it looks. I don't really enjoy hard games, I like to play games to relax so Mario is basically the most difficult a platformer can be (because even then I've definitely given up, I won't touch the bonus worlds in 3D World because they're just too hard for example) and I know that Cuphead far exceeds that so it would just frustrate me.

I've never played Cuphead, nor do I have any desire to, honestly. While I like the art style of the game, having seen the gameplay and hearing stories of its difficulty, it just isn't a game I've ever wanted to try out when I already have 9 million other games I can play, lol.

Update on my last post: I have beaten two bosses and that’s it. Can’t beat the first hit and run level; I got close tho. I am not giving up and not looking up anything yet either. I like the challenge since it makes beating each level feel so good but I do wish they gave us more difficulties (and be able to progress through the game). I don’t want it to be too easy either but having no real normal difficulty (since even the simple difficulty is crazy hard) kinda blows.

I've never played Cuphead and don't have any interest in purchasing it due to the difficulty. It's simply a game I know I'd be bad at, so not something I'd want to bother with. I've watched other people play it on YouTube though, and that suffices for me. I like the old animation style they went with and the overall presentation. It's a really neat game.

Cuphead is such a fun game and I love the design of the older style animation. I’ve almost beaten it but i’m still trying, definitely one of the harder games to beat but it’s amazing 😄 For sure worth it to me

Yes! I have a love/hate relationship with this game lol

Overall I really enjoy it and I'm glad I bought it, I just don't know if I'm ever going to be able to beat it 😂 Personally I enjoy playing it the most with a second player.

Back