• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Have you ever thought that ledges/cliffs are dangerous?

Rubygame

Bells
Island
Hearthaven
Peach (Fruit)
Yellow Violet
Tasty Cake
Light Blue Balloon
Orange (Fruit)
Green Balloon
Isabelle
Toy Hammer
Yellow Balloon
New Leaf Token
Let me explain: from what I know, all Animal Crossing games before New Leaf were flat, developed on a single level, but with New Leaf we have two levels, the beach and the town. With New Horizon the flat layout returns but with terraforming you can create lots of platforms at different heights.
Now I haven't played much of New Horizons, I'm not sure how the mechanics etc. work, so I don't know how dangerous the high ground seems.
But I know for sure that for some time now I've started to think the perimeter of New Leaf seems dangerous to me if such a thing existed in reality (obviously it's a game so we can just not care)

However this awareness has changed my style of play a bit, indeed I try to put greenery around the perimeter to make it look like it's some sort of security "block" with trees, bushes etc. 😆
Am I the only one who has ever thought about this? :giggle:

I've considered putting fences around but you can't do that in New leaf, but you can in new horizons but new horizons is pretty flat anyway except if you're editing the cliffs with terraforming : 0 haha
I personally think its fine and don't always notice it too much but it's a fair thought, but yea I like the idea of adding bushes for safety (and possibly design too?) : )
Maybe you'd leave an open spot for where you can jump into the water with a wetsuit? Perhaps
Cause you can do that, I'm assuming you know already but if you don't, you can actually jump into the water from a cliff if you're wearing a wetsuit! I find it fun , to be honest : )

I've considered putting fences around but you can't do that in New leaf, but you can in new horizons but new horizons is pretty flat anyway except if you're editing the cliffs with terraforming : 0 haha
I personally think its fine and don't always notice it too much but it's a fair thought, but yea I like the idea of adding bushes for safety (and possibly design too?) : )
Maybe you'd leave an open spot for where you can jump into the water with a wetsuit? Perhaps
Cause you can do that, I'm assuming you know already but if you don't, you can actually jump into the water from a cliff if you're wearing a wetsuit! I find it fun , to be honest : )
Thanks for the reply melonbread🥰 I know you can jump into the water and I loooove that so much😆
Indeed I want to leave space for this like you said hehe

Thanks for the reply melonbread🥰 I know you can jump into the water and I loooove that so much😆
Indeed I want to leave space for this like you said hehe
Yay! I agree I love it too, jumping is fun!

I thought about that in new leaf because the cliff looks so high to me.
New horizons I do use fences sometimes but I don't put them all the way around the cliff. Mostly just some near ramps or the front of the cliff. I like to have rounded edges on cliffs and fencing that looks weird.
In new horizons if you try to climb too high on cliffs, it does say it's too dangerous to climb. It also mention danger if you try to knock down cliffs with trees or buildings near by.

I thought about that in new leaf because the cliff looks so high to me.
New horizons I do use fences sometimes but I don't put them all the way around the cliff. Mostly just some near ramps or the front of the cliff. I like to have rounded edges on cliffs and fencing that looks weird.
In new horizons if you try to climb too high on cliffs, it does say it's too dangerous to climb. It also mention danger if you try to knock down cliffs with trees or buildings near by.
I really like that New Horizons mentions danger even if it's just a game😍 it makes you feel more "in the game" (and it will definitely be useful for children)

Well, actually, in Population Growing and City Folk, there are two levels of town, and in Population Growing, there are always at least two tiers, but it's possible for there to be a second cliff and make your town a three tier town.

Now for the actual question, you can jump off cliffs into the ocean with a wet suit, so I don't think it's really that dangerous.

Well, actually, in Population Growing and City Folk, there are two levels of town, and in Population Growing, there are always at least two tiers, but it's possible for there to be a second cliff and make your town a three tier town.
I didn't know that :0
I only played Wild World as "old game" but years ago I saw some gameplays on YouTube of Animal Crossing for GameCube and City folk, and I didn't notice or maybe I didn't remember there were tiers in that games too! Surely the beaches are on the same level of the towns but checking on the internet I've seen the tiers you meant.
However, for me it's not very high in the sense that if you fall you die, but if you fall you hurt yourself a lot😆
obviously if you dive it's different, but if you dive incorrectly the impact from that height can hurt a lot, it's like hitting a wall for a few seconds😆
Indeed, if you dive correctly, you can dive even from great heights (the important thing is that the water is deep)

from what I know, all Animal Crossing games before New Leaf were flat, developed on a single level, but with New Leaf we have two levels, the beach and the town.
animal crossing on the gamecube had a cliff, heck some towns even had two cliffs 😄

to answer the question, though, no I've never seen them as dangerous. I always thought it was interesting that the players and NPCs could try so hard to walk off the edge and yet it didn't happen 😂 though I do agree that being able to put a fence along the cliffs is nice, I did that with my original NH island.

animal crossing on the gamecube had a cliff, heck some towns even had two cliffs 😄

to answer the question, though, no I've never seen them as dangerous. I always thought it was interesting that the players and NPCs could try so hard to walk off the edge and yet it didn't happen 😂 though I do agree that being able to put a fence along the cliffs is nice, I did that with my original NH island.
Thank you too xSuperMario64x for letting me know it💕 I answer to @Yoshi155 about the same thing, I didn't realize/remember that were cliffs also in the previous games even though the beach and the town were on the same level!
Also it would have been really fun to see the characters "be afraid" of falling😆

I came here to say the same thing, that the Gamecube version had cliffs too. 😂 I think the very first time I played it, I used to cautiously walk around the cliff edges, but eventually would see villagers walking into the cliff edges and not fall, so I learned that you indeed cannot fall through them. 🧠

That being said, I would still attempt over and over to push villagers off the cliff sometimes. 😈 I'd trap them in holes and push, or trap them and then try to wedge myself between them and the cliff edge with those random soccer balls you can kick. It never worked, but it was fun trying.

I don't think ledges and cliffs are really that dangerous at all.
It is really annoying that the game tells the player that it is too dangerous to landscape on a much higher place in New Horizons, though...

It hadn’t crossed my mind that the cliffs are dangerous. I thought that you could jump off them rather than running into an invisible wall, though.

cube crossing not only had cliffs, it also had the best variety of ramps to traverse between cliff levels

just one thing in the list of small details that make me perhaps respect cube crossing the most of any mainline animal crossing game, when it comes to how the core location is structured

cube crossing not only had cliffs, it also had the best variety of ramps to traverse between cliff levels

just one thing in the list of small details that make me perhaps respect cube crossing the most of any mainline animal crossing game, when it comes to how the core location is structured
...Cube Crossing?

Back