• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Have you ever wondered...

Fighter_Kibbeh

The Star Warrior
Bells
There are lots of unexplained things in the Animal Crossing games, so sometimes you might find yourself wondering something about what's going on in your game, or why things happen. Though, yes, it's just a game, we're probably going to be sort of curious no matter what.

Something I always wonder is how old my residents actually are. It's never specified, and even on their birthday they only have four candles on the cake, and I don't think they're all only four. So I guess we'll never know.

So what are some things you wonder about in Animal Crossing?

I wonder the same thing as the uchi villagers... who sends out presents attached to balloons?

Oh, and are gyroids sentient?

People always wonder what the villager was like before he or she moved in. There are some conspiracies. Some people think the villager was kidnapped and brought to a village where he or she thought making a living was possible, only to get ripped off and put in endless debt by Tom Nook. Another suggests that the villager went to a camp (the town).

My parents in the game. I would love to see who they're. Where my character specifically came from. How old are these little adorable vilagers. Where do all the special characters live. I need to find outt.

I've always wondered about the villagers siblings. On April Fool's day, the villagers will mention their siblings. I wonder who their siblings are, if any are already in the game, if they will be added into any future games, etc!

What exists beyond the ropes in the ocean or beyond the hills behind the city? Where did I come from on the train? What do my parents look like?! So many questions...!

What exists beyond the ropes in the ocean or beyond the hills behind the city? Where did I come from on the train? What do my parents look like?! So many questions...!

Yes, that's what i wonder too.

What's with the relationship between the player and their parents…You can't send them letters back and you're moving away. Maybe the player is mad or hates their parents.

What's with the relationship between the player and their parents…You can't send them letters back and you're moving away. Maybe the player is mad or hates their parents.

I'm kinda weirded out that you get stuff from your parents at all, honestly! Even though it's been in all the games if I remember correctly... it's just struck me as kind of a strange thing to include, since nothing about the player's relationship with their parents is established at all. Like, your parents don't exist outside of the odd times you receive a letter. I'd be cool with it if they actually showed up to say hello on holidays or something, or you had the option to toggle parental interaction on/off (lmao that's such a weird sentence) rather than just shoehorning that jarring schroedinger's parent stuff in there...

Yeah I always thought maybe the main character is a runaway and the mother is sending them stuff because she's worried and is trying to reconnect, but you can never write back because your character simply does not want to.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also: Where is Nook's brother or sister (he has nephews, so.....)

What the view of the beach would be if you could turn the camera. Think you could spot Tortimer Island?

What do my parents look like
Where did I come from before I stepped on the train
What do villager parents look like
Where do special characters live?

So many questions

Something I always wonder is how old my residents actually are. It's never specified, and even on their birthday they only have four candles on the cake, and I don't think they're all only four. So I guess we'll never know.
One of my villagers referred to adults in a way that implied that they were older than them, so I think that confirms that teenage villagers are possible.
Where did I come from before I stepped on the train
Where do special characters live?
Maybe Anytown? It'd make sense for the Able Sisters.

And if we wanna stretch things even a little more, maybe the villager is the "someone" from Anytown that designed the available patterns from Anytown. After all, you do start off the game with a set of patterns already.

Back