• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Have you ever wondered...

Someone made a comic about the haze and darkness at the beginning and it's Isabelle keeping you in a basement all tied up cause you're forced to be mayor. But going even beyond that, maybe every time you save she comes and bashes you with a shovel and drags you down there until you wake up then after talking to you about what's going on in the town, she bops you again and drops you in front of your house to "wake up" as you're seen yawning at times with messy hair when you've been gone for long... kind of much like when you pass out from being poisoned by a tarantula or scorpion... weird right?

Does this mean villagers are in on it too? They've also been able to set up the game on occasion...

There's also that time Tortimer set up for you...

Y'all are forgetting one of the basic questions:

What Zipper T. Bunny's true identity?
We all know it's just someone in a costume

where all the balloon presents come from, who sent the mayor letter in the beginning of the game, why are blue/yellow flowers so ugly, what the heck is up with coco, how old my villagers are... damn this game is complicated

yeah it;s always really interesting, so i often find myself wondering from time to time too haha

where do the fossils come from and why do they always spawn in your town everyday?

also why are you tech the only human in your town? (unless you invite friends or make side characters) only time an animals question it is when you first move in when they mention that you have no fur feathers ect.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Someone made a comic about the haze and darkness at the beginning and it's Isabelle keeping you in a basement all tied up cause you're forced to be mayor. But going even beyond that, maybe every time you save she comes and bashes you with a shovel and drags you down there until you wake up then after talking to you about what's going on in the town, she bops you again and drops you in front of your house to "wake up" as you're seen yawning at times with messy hair when you've been gone for long... kind of much like when you pass out from being poisoned by a tarantula or scorpion... weird right?

do you have a link to this comic?
I'd love to see it please and thank you in advance

Last edited:
My biggest question is probably what's up with Digby. He's always just there, even when it's raining, and the only time he goes anywhere else is when you're working at Brewster's.

I also wonder about some of the things posted here, like what villagers' families are like or where balloons come from.

There are things I'd rather not know, like what the mayor's story is and who was supposed to be the mayor, or how old villagers are. I wish there were more options where interactions with your character's parents are concerned but it's nicer to be able to create your own story for them in your head if you wish. With villagers ages or who the mayor was supposed to be, I guess you can just come up with your own theories and it's more fun that way.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Why only your mom sends mail to you and never your dad and never comes to visit the town you run as mayor?

You do get mail from your father sometimes. It's rare but it happens, one of my side characters has gotten a balanced amount of letters from their mother and their father.

- - - Post Merge - - -

[*]When the mayor first moves in, the snooty villagers comment specifically on how them being furless and tailless means they'll bring different ideas to the town. Why are humans so rare? (Assuming the mayor isn't an insectoid?)

I don't think humans are rare everywhere (after all, if you create side characters they move into your town, the human characters have parents, and if your friends visit they're also humans), I just assume they're rare in that town.

[*]Why does Kapp'n spend most of his day away from his family?

I just assume that he spends most of his day out at sea because that's how he likes it, while his family stays in the island, but then they spend time together in the evening or when you're not around to see him.

[*]The things I catch for my cranky villagers' nieces, why do they end up in their uncles' homes?

Maybe they want them for themselves but feel too ashamed to ask.

[*]Are the food villagers edible?! Zucker makes me hungry...

Technically, most villagers are edible if you really think about it. :eek:

[*]Why isn't there matching cheese furniture?

I want to know this too.

[*]Tadpoles, frogs, octopi, small birds and owls... How are they related to the villagers?

This is a really good question.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Why was Tortimer so terrible at his job? Seriously, he was mayor for at least 10 years, that's plenty time to develop a town!

Maybe the animals just have a different idea about what a developed town is, which is why there's such a change when you become the mayor. Or maybe Tortimer just keep neglecting his responsibilities.

Are my parents animals? Or are they people? Was I some weird creature that nobody knows what I am? Who was supposed to be the mayor...?

I always enjoyed that one creepypasta about the town actually being a camp and the gyroids turning humans into animals and all that... although it stopped me from playing Wild World ever again. You can read it here.It's an interesting concept, and it gets quite gory and creepy towards the end.

Last edited:
There has been a lot of things I questioned about animal crossing, but I can't piece every one of them together right now..but one of them is where was I in the beginning before I was on the train ? What was my reason for moving ? Do my "parents" even know I'm unexpectedly the mayor of a town? ._. This isn't reality though, so answers aren't even expected haha. Then there are other questions like why do things just disappear of they drop/fall onto a path? Just thinking about these is so irritating >~<

Why am i the only human in a town filled with talking animals, how can they talk? I am just dreaming and i can't wake up? trapped in a world filled with colorful and friendly animal faces but never to see another human like me again? where do the balloons come from? who are my parents? what is my backstory? why am i here? why can't i visit my family? why can they send me letters but why can't i reply? so many god damn questions!

Where the heck is the player's town actually located? how can it have an aurora borealis and at another time at the year cherry blossoms? That's geographicaly impossible...I guess....
What if you actually are living in a weird dream that you cannot escape from? Schizophrenia? Out of reality? Drugs....?
Finaly... why do they call you the mayor? Isabelle does EVERYTHING! All you do is to pay...she even choses where to put pwps, saying: hey, probably here it is way to next to the beach...what do you think about here... and the ordinances? you can only choose pre-made ones, with the excuse:''otherwise, you would be a corrupt/tyrant/whatever'' ''Is a bell'' is tricking you to get more bells. You are only a puppet...

Last edited:
I've always been curious where the NPCs live. I'd assume some of them would have pretty interesting houses.

What do the bird villagers think of the smaller yellow birds around town?

Is Beardo actually John Watson from another dimension?

Also the other thing I can't stop wondering about (I swear I didn't think this up on purpose -- my brain is just evil like this) is whether or not Pietro is somehow based off the IRL killer clown John Wayne Gacey. But I just really, really want to stop thinking about because I feel like I scarred myself for life when this evil theory crept it's way inside my head.

Also the other thing I can't stop wondering about (I swear I didn't think this up on purpose -- my brain is just evil like this) is whether or not Pietro is somehow based off the IRL killer clown John Wayne Gacey. But I just really, really want to stop thinking about because I feel like I scarred myself for life when this evil theory crept it's way inside my head.

what the actual ****

no he is not based on John Wayne Gacy do you honestly think Nintendo would base a character on him are you insane

Back