• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Leap Year Birthday

rocketspruggs

Fanart by me.
Bells
Island
Hawaii
Leif
Golden Watering Can
Tasty Cake
Pink Bunny Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Plum Blossom
Christmas Candy
Stitches
Blue Rocket Pop
Festive Bell
This is what happens when the player has a leap year birthday in some Animal Crossing games. Many, many Animal Crossing players will not be able to experience a leap year birthday, as February 29th only happens every four years, so it's interesting to see what happens exactly on the player's birthday on a leap year.

Unfortunately, I am not able to find the player having a leap year birthday in the other Animal Crossing games, so these are all I got. I apologize for any inconvenience.

New Horizons

New Leaf

Pocket Camp (Although we get to see only Rosie wishing the player a happy birthday on a leap year in this video.)

Very interesting. Makes me want to use February 29 as my birthday in future games. I really appreciate AC for acknowledging it and putting in unique dialogue.

Even though I don't play as myself in video games and make new individual characters each time, I've never made one with a February 29th birthday. This isn't something I ever really thought about, and it seems obvious now that I see it, but it's cool that they put forth the little extra effort and added in that unique dialogue. It kind of makes me want to create a character with that birthday in the future.

This is really interesting! I’ve always wondered how different games handle this situation. Funny enough I do know someone with a 2/29 birthday.

Oh this is such a thoughtful detail! I never thought to make my birthday on the 29th, because if it isn't my own, I usually stick to dates ending in 2, lol. So cool to see this.

Back