• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Have you ever wondered...

omg no lets talk about the start up screen??? isabelle says "hello mayor" but where are you? is she inside your house? is this a dream? are you in the attic? why is it so dark? why cant i move around the room? WHAT.

omg no lets talk about the start up screen??? isabelle says "hello mayor" but where are you? is she inside your house? is this a dream? are you in the attic? why is it so dark? why cant i move around the room? WHAT.

She's got you tied up, in her basement.

YOU CAN'T LEAVE MAYOR, WE NEED YOU

what the actual ****

no he is not based on John Wayne Gacy do you honestly think Nintendo would base a character on him are you insane

Given their history of messed up references in their other games, yes. Other than that, I've always thought it was weird they created a clown character that flirts with the players -- a lot of whom are children -- and gets them to go in his house by decorating it with balloons and carnival games. I mean, the other Smugs come off a lot more playful, but I just find all these specific things about Pietro kinda creepy mostly because, again, of Nintendo's history of putting off jokes and references in their games.

Given their history of messed up references in their other games, yes. Other than that, I've always thought it was weird they created a clown character that flirts with the players -- a lot of whom are children -- and gets them to go in his house by decorating it with balloons and carnival games. I mean, the other Smugs come off a lot more playful, but I just find all these specific things about Pietro kinda creepy mostly because, again, of Nintendo's history of putting off jokes and references in their games.

That's actually quite an interesting theory. Did you know that Kapp'n is based on a Japanese mythological creature said to kidnap and drown children?

That's actually quite an interesting theory. Did you know that Kapp'n is based on a Japanese mythological creature said to kidnap and drown children?

Yeah, I knew about that one. I also know about the Japanese tree Gods in the Mario games that look like ghosts in the background, and that a lot of the Psychic or Ghost type Pokemon are based off mythical creatures that are said to, like, kill children by stealing their souls while they're asleep or kidnap them to the dream/spirit realm forever. I'm just into horror and stuff, so creepy pastas and weird gaming theories, especially ones involving Nintendo, are all things I know a lot about. That's one of the reasons why the John Wayne Gacey wouldn't surprise me all that much, especially if they thought the players wouldn't catch onto it.

Why have we never seen the parents? Why can the animals talk to humans? Where does the train actually go? Who else is on the train (if anyone)? How come the mom sends more letters than the dad?

You're overthinking it. You probably just don't like clowns. I doubt they actually based him off a rapist clown. He's a smug villager, yes he is going to flirt with female players. All villagers are the same when it comes to dialogue, and what do you mean other smugs come off as "more playful", he's a clown I don't think you can get anymore playful than that. His house is carnival themed because he's a clown not because he wants to lure children. I mean is he really that creepy? He's colorful, fluffy, funny and adorable in my eyes.

You're overthinking it. You probably just don't like clowns. I doubt they actually based him off a rapist clown. He's a smug villager, yes he is going to flirt with female players. All villagers are the same when it comes to dialogue, and what do you mean other smugs come off as "more playful", he's a clown I don't think you can get anymore playful than that. His house is carnival themed because he's a clown not because he wants to lure children. I mean is he really that creepy? He's colorful, fluffy, funny and adorable in my eyes.

What I mean is the other Smug villagers don't come off as villains from an episode of Law&Order:SVU, and I don't think I'm overthinking it. I'm sure any adult player could just as easily connect the dots, but I do take this stuff more seriously than most people for personal reasons. So I'm pretty sure it could also be written off as an "adult joke", even if he was based off John Wayne Gacey. This is more than likely, imo, because most people aren't going to immediately think of Gacey. They're gonna be more likely to think of Pennywise the clown from Stephen King's It, and that's gonna be a lot funnier than thinking Pietro is based off an actual IRL killer clown because Pennywise isn't real. But what people fail to realize is that that isn't actually any better because Pennywise was, in fact, based off John Wayne Gacey as was Twisty the clown (American Horror Story: Freakshow), and several other killer clown characters.

Last edited:
Why are humans the only mute species that can only show emotion when taught? Shrunk seems to know why, and wants to help by telling bad jokes.

Why would Gracie have a shop in a small town if she's supposed to be a world famous designer?

You collect signatures for petitions. But since you're the mayor, aren't the petitions for you?

I feel bad now because I've never even considered any of my villagers' A++ ideas

I'm wondering how come the animals never assume a flea is on them whenever they're itching.

On the start-up screen of every Animal Crossing game I always imagine it as a an old shack on the other side of the rock walls of your town. I think that Phyllis is actually in that Zipper T costume because Zipper always mutters under its breath just like Phyllis does. What if Wisp the ghost was supposed to me the Mayor of your town? Maybe the reason why he said "One thing led to another" is because he could have been on his away to your town but he got caught up in a tragic event that led to his death? So now he can't become mayor, he's dead, he's got no way to communicate that...so he sets you up. Also the Unknown Letter sender could be the one who is sending those balloon presents.

Last edited:
where do the villagers make the food there always talking about?

1.) What does my mom look like?
2.) What's out there beyond the ocean and the train tracks?
3.) Where does the train come from and where does it go?
4.) Why am I the only human in the game?

I would like to know where the mayor's hometown is and what theyre family is like. It would be cool if there was like special days where they came to visit the town, like their parents and a sibling or two :) it would also be really cool to be able to visit your hometown !

Back