have yalls ugly villagers grown on you?

Nope. Truffles is still ugly, even after she gave me a trashcan to put in my town in hopes to

Raise my rating enough for K.K. Slider to visit

Yes Apple was my 4th villager and at first i was so upset and was like omg i hate her i want her to leave asap

And now I'm actually never letting her leave ever and she's a permanent islander for me :') i think that this happens to people so often is part of this games charm

Sherb often calls her a stale potato chip and i think the dynamics are amazing lmao

Last edited:
Kinda. I like Katt and Poncho now, but they'll move out with the rest of the nightmare creatures currently living on my island.

I wasn't so sure of Bubbles, but I kind of find her adorable now. She is this ugly hippo that wants to make it big in Hollywood. She totally is a main character from a ****ty drama! haha I find her very endearing now.

Hmm never really liked Cherry but my close friend talked about what a cutie she was and just she's become one of my fave's on my Island (wouldn't mind Reneigh tho) haha <3

I've really got a soft spot for funky-looking villagers, so I was actually really happy to have started with Canberra, tbh. Her weird angry eyebrows make a lot of the idle animations really funny to me for some reason, I kind of love her.

I tend to be a big fan of the dorky or 'ugly' girls tbh, Pippy and Bella are some of the only Peppies I like.

And because I kind of just feel like gushing, Katt, Opal, and Renee have always been pretty big favorites of mine. They all just have really strong energy.

Last edited:
I started with Hazel and absolutely HATED her. I love the conversations I have with her but unfortunately I can't get over how bad her design is... It just doesn't click with me. I need to find another Uchi to replace her with.

Yesss! At first i really didnt like Curlos or Raddle, my first thoughts on them were "I cant wait till they move out!" But after talking to them, watching them from afar and just hanging out with them... they truly have grown on me ;u; I highly doubt im going to let them leave... Like I have my dreamies in ACNL, so i kinda want something new in NH. (Though i HAVE to have kyle on my Island! Hes a MUST xD i love him too much to not have him!) Other than that, i think ill let everyone else move and just have randoms come and go until I can find some i really like (like curlos and raddle xD). They just bring something unfamiliar and new to my island and i love that. :) on the other hand, Broffina HAS to go! >.>

No. They don't. Matter of fact, they only get worse the longer I have them. Let me just say, you might not be able to relate to me until the day you've experienced two hippos one of them being H A R R Y chasing after you at the same time trying to speak with you. It's absolutely terrifying.

I don't even feel safe on my own island. It's gotten to the point that they wait for me, hiding behind trees even. They see me before I even see them. This is not what I pictured when they told me about the island getaway package.

Last edited:
EUaQrB3UwAEyjSA

Yes....... they have grown on me.

Katt. I always thought she was ugly but I now find her charming. I've never liked the uchi personally as a general rule but I am enjoying her presence.

Omg right?! Katt is just so adorable! I never really minded her before, so when I saw her at the airport I was content (she does seems pretty traditionally tomboyish after all, which fits the personality)

Now I’m so fond of her (and her design) that it’ll be really hard letting her go for a Dreamie. I think I’d keep her for sure if I didn’t already have another cat.

One of my dreamies is actually an 'ugly' villager that grew on me: Hazel!
I honestly can't believe I thought she was ugly back in New Leaf, she's adorable and she's so pretty with her unibrow! She was always super sweet too! I'm so glad that she's on my island, she's definitely a keeper!

Honestly...I've been trying to avoid them because I'm afraid I'll end up liking them. I really don't like Rodeo but I love the lazy personality type (Beau, Punchy, Zucker! <3) so I know if I talk to him a lot then I'll like him.

Same with Canberra for me. She's not my favorite uchi but I don't mind her! I think my dream island at this point only has lazy, normal, smug, snooty, and cranky villagers plus Kid Cat, so maybe it will be nice to have some variety for a while!

I want Curlos out ASAP. :| I don't have too much hope for a better smug villager, there's only 3 I like HA!

One of my dreamies is actually an 'ugly' villager that grew on me: Hazel!
I honestly can't believe I thought she was ugly back in New Leaf, she's adorable and she's so pretty with her unibrow! She was always super sweet too! I'm so glad that she's on my island, she's definitely a keeper!

I LOVE Hazel! She seems really popular, too. I've had quite a few people I've traded with ask if they can talk to her when visiting my island. I was a little unsure of her design when I first got her, but I don't really bother resetting for villagers. I'm glad I stuck with her! That design has really grown on me. She's my unibrow queen now haha.

Cole_Picture.png

Is this little bunny dude ugly? This is Cole by the way. I don't know but he was one of my three randoms and at first I didn't like him along with Nan specifically because of his tooth but he's grown on me by a lot and I already considered keeping him.

I tend to like the "ugly" villagers. That said, I had Lionel in my tent the first day and I was like nooooo.... He's been moved in for a day now so today was his first day walking around the island. I love him lol. I'm a softie though, ngl.

NO. I got chadder in my campsite and after being FORCED to let him move in, all he's done is walk around and look ugly. I'm ignoring him and waiting for him to leave but as soon as I saw a mouse in my campsite (no offence), I knew I wanted him gone.

I got Boyd as the first villager in my campsite and i still hate him lol

Chops was forced on me through the campsite and Limberg moved in on his own...I would never have chosen them on my own, but I really don't mind them and I like having a nice balance.

I got hazel when starting my island, and I have grown to like her more, but that does not mean I am not moving her out as soon as possible. I just can't jive with her sadly. Maybe with more time...

my baby billy :(
i have to cycle him out for dreamies though.

Back