• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

đź‘‘ Zero Isle đź‘‘

Island/Town Name
Zero Isle
Hemisphere
North
Native Fruit
Cherry
Native Flower
Windflowers

CowKing

All Hail Shadow!
Bells
Switch
4592-3627-6795
Island
Zero Isle
Small Mailbox
*As your petite little airplane soars over the island, you take in the scenery of the land below you:
*A shaggy dog and a stern-looking wolf hold hands as they walk around a glimmering lake,
*A kangaroo and her child are playing hopscotch,
*A rhino, tiger, and a gray cat are all having a picnic in the park,
*A squirrel with a unibrow looks up to your plane and waves, confusing the ostrich beside her,
*And a goat and duck are relaxing in a calming place.
*You hear the pilot's voice as you land onto the vast ocean:
*"Welcome to Zero Isle"

Wm9Tbx5.png

ZERO ISLE
Where did the name come from?: Zero Isle is a mystery dungeon in the games Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky and is known for not only being some of the most difficult dungeons in the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series, but for it's 5 different dungeons: Zero Isle North, Zero Isle South, Zero Isle East, Zero Isle West, and Zero Isle Center, the ladder only being accessible in Explorers of Sky.
Why name your Island after Zero Isle?: One of the first video games I've ever owned was Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time. I've had the game since I was around 7-8 and I still have the same game to this day. I grew up with this series, buying the enhanced game Explorers of Sky as well as new entries. I've been apart of the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon fandom for over 10 years, and there's no way I'm stopping now. I hope to encourage others to also check out the games and maybe even meet other PMD fans with the use of my island's name!

PERMANENT RESIDENTS
42rDFFO.png
yXnOB7d.png
cY0j26E.png
GAcFJ30.png
15UavBW.png

39eW4AO.png
18TrivU.png
QSx6r2H.png
TACYxrH.png

SEMI-PERMANENT RESIDENTS
uVf93j9.png

MOVED-OUT RESIDENTS
Cv4jeQb.png
9iJo6cI.png
nJYtL3Q.png
XQBBNy8.png
sOvTJAX.png
US6CjGs.png

DREAMIES
iEhRfiu.png

WANTIES (Villagers I want but can live without)

JLTQfLp.png
mrQQZU0.png
gzYkthj.png

Nde8uby.png
Y8N7o7w.png
wVpaP6o.png
ZuUaF4o.png

xL1LCkd.png
AWWwfcH.png
5Kj21cZ.png
kx6crgL.png

MAP (Last Updated: 4/27/2020)
S9GzVgq.png

FLAG
a7k3szE.png

Last edited:
OUTFITS!
Ever since I was a kid, one of my favorite things to do was to create things: Whether that be characters or designs or outfits, I love doing stuff that gets my imagination going! So, it's amazing that two of my favorite things- creation and video games- can be put together! I grew up playing doll/character creator/dress-up games, and they're still a guilty pleasure of mine. That's why I love The Sims, Animal Jam, and other sim games! It's always fun to customize yourself to be the ideal you! And Animal Crossing offers a variety of customization options in their new installment and I LOVE IT! Here are some of my outfits!

MAIN OUTFIT
ZLR3Gvr.png
fb380WH.png
LJV526A.png

CASUALWEAR
KUz1etI.png
vTkYRQH.png

1Mk9gRd.png

"PUDDLE STOMPER" (RAINY DAY OUTFIT)
UqUBMl2.png

"EXPLORATION" (ISLAND HOPPING OUTFIT)
2Iqkw5m.png

"MANILA FLAVOR" (FISH BAIT HUNTING OUTFIT)
uayzNeF.png

"OUT FOR A RUN" (EARLY MORNING OUTFIT)
VZQhYV4.png

Will add more as I make more!!

Last edited:
ZERO ISLE'S SIGHTS!
(Last updated: 4/24/2020)
Although Zero Isle is a work in process, there are still interesting and aesthetically-pleasing spots you can check out and hang out in a while! Check them out!!

Need a place to take a moment and take in the environment? Are you stressed or tired of hunting fish bait for continuous hours? Well, then the bamboo rock garden is for you! Sit by the pond, take in the steam, and take a load off! You deserve it!
jEotc3X.png

Zero Isle's marketplace is the perfect place to find a gift or a nice souvenir to take back with you from your visit at Zero Isle! Go ahead and take a look around!
lwOxH0l.png

Merengue and Bangle may have share a yard, but they somehow managed to combine their personalities together to make this super cute yard they both can enjoy! Feel free to stop by and talk to the future president or the world's best baker!
7J7Bxy1.png

Not only do we have a marketplace, but we have a shopping district too! (It's not the same thing, I promise) Here's a nice look at the plaza and the storefronts!
zWOt6Zp.png
uu0MDYZ.png

EQw0vEG.png
EwvjksO.png

Need a place to hang out with friends? Zero Isle now has a picnic area!
8PTkZz2.png

More areas will be added as the island grows and improves!​

RESIDENT'S BACKSTORIES!
Zero Isle is full of unique characters with their own stories to tell about their lives before and after they purchased their getaway packages! Here is what each resident has let out about their lives!

Hazel

42rDFFO.png

Being the oldest of two, Hazel, short for Hazelnut, raised her two little brothers on her own after both of her parents passed away due to illness. Although her brothers were too young to remember their parents, Hazel had fond memories with her parents, who have taught her to not adhere to the beauty standards of society, hence her refusal to shave her unibrow. "I'm beautiful just the way I am, and anyone who disagrees can get a good sock in the face."
Her little brothers were always rowdy, and Hazel handled it pretty well, but she couldn't help but to develop that rowdiness over time. She loves stuffed animals because her childhood teddy bear was a huge comfort for her when she felt a little low. She loves to look after people and give advice to he troubled, and although she seems a little stern and emotionless at first, once you get to know her, she's a super sweet squirrel that cares too much!

BANGLE
yXnOB7d.png

Bangle always had... interesting... goals ever since she was a little kitten. At 5, she wanted to be a princess. At 7, an astronaut. At 12, a pop star. Even now, as an adult, she still has these impossible to reach endeavors. Her new career is to be the president of her own country, despite not knowing a thing about politics. But despite that, her heart is in the right place... Sort of... "I just want to help people, and promote my cute, hip brand!"
Despite a small part of her still wanting to be a pop star, she's actually very shy around others when it comes to her singing. Sometimes, you could find her in the corner of the island, singing to herself, hoping one day she'll find the courage to take the stage for herself. Lolly, a good friend of hers who loves to sing, helps encourage her to chase her dreams.
Bangle has a love for the pink and white color scheme, and she and Hazel share an interest with stuffed animals. Bangle doesn't have a collection, unlike Hazel, but she still has a love for the things.
Bangle is friendly, energetic, and in your face the first time you meet her, and that doesn't exactly change the more you get to know her. She's just a big girl with big dreams!

MERENGUE
cY0j26E.png

Being raised by her grandmother who had a love for baking, Merengue took up the hobby very early in her life and perfected the art. She was the kind of girl to bake up a batch of cookies and give them out to the neighborhood or take them to school to share with her class. This passion never left her, and she owned her own bakery at one point, and business was booming! People came all over just for her pastries and other sweets, even the harshest food critics can't help but melt when they get a taste of her famous strawberry shortcake!
With enough money to last her a lifetime and the stress from holding up a business all on her own, she decided to close down the bakery and move to a deserted island for a change in pace. She still bakes and makes her own recipes, but rather than selling them, she shares her tasty work with her new friends!
She's a bit shy and reserved, but she's super sweet and kind to anyone, no one matter how harsh they are to her. She just wants to bake share her experiences with her new friends!

LOLLY

GAcFJ30.png

Whenever Lolly was a small kitten visiting her aunt, she would help her aunt make her famous apple pie by helping her peel apples, and after she was done, her aunt would always say "These apples were peeled so well, you should become a chef!" And with that, the ambition to become a chef kicked off, and Lolly would continue to chase this dream as an adult.
Lolly, just like Merengue, was shy and reserved as well, but unlike Merengue, Lolly always had a fear to share her food with the rest of the world, saying things like "The recipe isn't perfected yet, I can't just show it off! What if no one likes it?"
To help Lolly feel more comfortable, Bangle and Merengue decided they would all gather together once a week to swap recipes and help each other perfect their recipes. Merengue was the professional of the group, while Bangle was more of a casual cooker. Lolly, however, seemed to border on both. She wants to be a chef, but doesn't mind if cooking only becomes a hobby of her's. With the encouragement from her friends, Lolly hopes to finally express to the world with her savory food and be the best she can be!

SHERB

15UavBW.png

One of Sherb's favorite things to do is to sleep. His parents owned a mattress business in the area so Sherb had excess to some of the best mattresses in town, that's most likely where he got his love for sleeping...
He finds any reason to go to bed early and will lay in bed until the late afternoon to get some extra zzz's. His neighbors, however, are concerned about this lifestyle, and think he's getting TOO much sleep, but Sherb always reassures his friends that he's fine doing what he loves.
He loves ice cream, and will hang out with Lolly so they can make their own together and hang out in the square to talk about their interests!
He always finds himself yawning to himself after every other word, and will find any reason to crawl into bed for a few minutes, but personality-wise, he's just a sweet little goat who will befriend you in a heartbeat!

KETCHUP
uVf93j9.png

Ketchup grew in a very American-suburban-like neighborhood. Every Sunday, the entire street would pull out smokers and grills and cook up some BBQ to share with the whole neighborhood. Ketchup loved Sundays because of this! It was a good way to chat with her friends and eat amazing food that was cooked for hours over a nice fire. Her favorite, however, was the pizza her family would cook up in their own pizza oven. Her family owned the local pizza business and were known for their delicious pizzas and their home grew tomatoes. Ketchup loved taking care of the tomatoes and took up gardening as a teenager, and to this day, still gardens and grows her own vegetables.
She'll never tell anyone the family's secret pizza recipe, but she has no problem cooking some up to serve to the island! She's passionate and loves to learn new things about her hobbies, and she hopes to become a famous pizza maker one day!

PHIL

39eW4AO.png

Phil grew up in a rich home in a big empty house. Despite getting whatever he wanted with a snap of his fingers(?) (Does he even have fingers?), he still empty inside, as his parents were often too busy with their jobs to acknowledge his existence at all. He wasn't the best at making friends, either. Anyone he tried to befriend would turn him down or only hang around him for his money. The second he turned into an adult, he left with his share of his parents' wealth to travel the world, helping as many people as he can with his money. Eventually, he almost ran out of money and decided to make one last stop: a permanent residence at Zero Isle.
Despite his smug demeanor, he was actually a nice guy who, like Lolly, loved to sing, and they would often have duets with each other just for the fun of it! He's generous and will give away whatever he can to help a friend, or even a stranger, in need!

MATHILDA

18TrivU.png

(This is so long but she's my favorite villager, I'm sorry lol)
Mathilda grew up in an elitist household, being told at a young age that, because of her and her family's status, she was better than everyone. And for a while, she actually believed that. As a kid, she bullied the other kids: insulted them, pushed them in mud, and then somehow turned it around to make it seem like she was the victim. Needless to say, Mathilda was not a very nice kangaroo. But then again, she didn't experience kindness until she was a teenager when someone offered friendship to her. Taking the offer, she quickly learned the values of friendship and kindness, but old habits die hard, and she ended up hurting her new friend and scaring them away.
Determined to not let that happen again, she learned to be much kinder as she grew up to an adult. Of course, she still made mistakes now and then, but she was only human (Or... Kangaroo, I guess) after all.
She ended up with a nice kangaroo who she ended up having a child with, a boy named Danny. However, it wasn't long before her partner passed away and she was left with no father for her kid. And because she rejected and disowned her family, she had nowhere else to turn. Trying to make ends meet, she took up multiple part-time jobs, doing her best to juggle the jobs and take care of Danny. She wrote on the side whenever she had the time to, however, and noticed that little Danny really enjoyed watching her read and write. To implement her hobby into her personal life, she wrote dozens of children's books for her Danny, who enjoyed every single one. A publisher, who saw her reading one of these books in public to appease a crying Danny, came up to Mathilda and offered to publish her books to the world. Agreeing, Mathilda finally got the money to live in luxury and give her son whatever he wanted. Pleased with herself, she moved to Zero Isle for the relaxation she craved, while also taking the time to play with and bond with Danny.

SHEP

QSx6r2H.png

This shaggy dog has never had a stressful day in his life. Despite being homeless all his life, he still found ways to turn it around, using his free time to perfect his surfing skills while hanging out at the beach, flirting with as many cute canine guys as he could.
He hasn't really changed much since he was a kid, he's just a laidback dog that's open about himself to others and just wants to sit back with his new partner, Fang, at Zero Isle.

FANG

TACYxrH.png

Fang was always, ironically, a lone wolf. He grew up in the snowy mountains with his small family, learning that you have to fend for yourself in this world. When he finally left the isolation of his home to attend school, he was incredibly socially challenged, unable to befriend anyone. His own fellow students didn't even know his name! He was known as 'Snowy', as he blended into the whiteness fairly well.
He thought he was weird himself, finding himself liking boys more than girls (Which went against everything he knew) and the fact he couldn't even hold a conversation longer than 5 seconds wasn't helping either. As an adult, he's still anti-social, but definitely knows more than he did as a pup. He also developed a more grumpy personality from being socially isolated from other animals his whole life. When he moved to Zero Isle, however, he wasn't expecting the warmth and kindness his new neighbors immediately gave him the moment he moved. He still isolates himself out of habit, but he likes to be with Shep, who is helping him express himself more, and he wouldn't like it any other way.

Thank you for reading this far! I appreciate it! I love creating! Whether it be narratives for my villagers, lore behind my island, etc! I'm done reserving posts so feel free to comment now! The thread will now be unlocked! I'll also be posting an update very soon so please give this thread a watch and a like or something!~Thank you again for reading!

4/24/2020 MUSEUM UPDATE!

I've been playing this game since launch and I still haven't fully decided what I want my island to look like. I have a rough idea so I'm going off of that, and I'll probably upgrade certain areas as I go. One of my reserved posts is going to go into detail on the ambitions of my island design, but one of them is a really cool entrance design for my museum. I remember watching a trailer months ago and seeing the way this person designed the area around the museum and got really inspired to do something similar! I should note that I may like designing stuff, I'm not the best at execution. These are early designs for my museum and they're going to change and upgrade the more I get better at terraforming.

With that being said, here's what the entrance of my museum looks like!

It starts with these stairs taking you up to the first cliff level.
TNt6Pnr.png

The path goes from bricks to arched stone as the path takes you over a river (I sadly can't add a bridge because the entrance of the museum is 1x3 and the bridges are 3x2)
Bo7TGoL.png

Before taking you to the museum!
BelVkJS.png

elIDnbg.png

The area looks super barren right now because I still need to figure out what else I wanna put here. Maybe some benches and soda/snack machines! I'm also missing a T. Rex Skull and I still need a dinosaur on the left cliff. I haven't figured out which one yet, but I'm thinking the Megaloceros because of how cool it looks!

What do you think? Any comments or critiques? I could also use some advice too!​

Here's how my night/morning went!

I had the "genius" idea of putting a sphynx between the stairs that lead up to my museum and honestly, it looks great! I might keep it! A picture of it will be down a bit!

Looks like we got a new moon tonight! It looked nice so I took a picture of it!
LTSdXhm.png

I saw Lolly and Phil having a lift off, it was pretty cool! They went at it for a couple hours!
QgsknU3.png

They both gave in at the same time though...
JOkHpWz.png

The plaza seems pretty crowded tonight! A lot of villagers hung around the area, I was able to get three of them in one frame, which is cool!
As27I49.png

Also I discovered this weird thing. I don't know if it was a glitch or something, but I was sitting on the bench, waiting. I put my Switch down to do something on my laptop, and when I came back, my character was frowning. I didn't do any emotes so I wonder what little me was so glum about :(
WiKQdET.png

Last pictures! Here's some pics I took of my villagers!
5mVUAp8.png

1nTnv87.png

8Rid4FU.png

It's currently 5:50 am as I'm typing this, but from 1 am to 5 am, I discovered this amazing thing called Nookazom, (Here's my storefront btw! No items are listed rn cause I'm offline) so I've been selling extra furniture on there! I even got some awesome items that I plan on using for my forest/camping area and my park! (More to come for that, ladies, gentlemen, and non-binary folks)
I made about 30 NMTs just selling furniture, and fireplaces and floating biotope planters are pretty high in demand, so I got a good amount from selling those!

Also, I think I have enough to show off an area I've been hiding from his journal... I can't wait!​

TERRAFORMING UPDATE!
Welp, I finally got around to it, but I finally cleared out the right side of my island and got rid of the river. I still need to get rid of the trees, but the area looks so barren now. But it shouldn't be for long! I'll transform that area into a park and camping spot in no time!
Here's what my map looks like now (Look at first post to see comparison), I probably won't update the first post because it won't look like this for long.
COSsPAs.png

But clearing out the island meant I had to get rid of furniture too, so Merengue and Bangle's shard yard was taken down, which is a shame because it's one of my favorite spots on the island.
Well... Here are the pictures taken moments before I took it down. I'm hoping when I make my neighborhood, I'll remake the yard again!
Ua0XRCx.png
ck0FtUv.png

Speaking of which, I'm currently moving all houses to the beach so I can plan my island better. It's gonna be weird for a while, but hopefully it won't be for long!

MUSEUM UPDATE!
I finally got all the fossils I needed and they're all up! I also put a sphynx down at the base of the entrance because I forgot I had it in my storage and I thought it looked cool, and I add some signs up the stairs! I also decided to move the Quetzalcoatlus to the left cliff and put a Megaloceros on the right cliff, check it out!
Zl9HvS0.png
ksXnrnF.png
1AWQUH1.png
ZbuAUmD.png

I doubt you noticed, but I also put some stone walls at the base of the waterfalls. I finally figured out how I'm going to decorate the museum and make it more pretty! I ordered some items and I need to trade to get some but I'll post what it'll look like in the next museum update!

Thank you for reading this far and I hope you have a great day/night!​

4/27/2020 MAP UPDATE!
I have a final paper due tomorrow that I haven't started on and some finals this week, so I chugged some coffee and stayed up all night (to play Minecraft) and morning to start working on my island, and here's what I got so far! Operation Parks and Rec is a go! The whole right side of the island is going to be a park, and so far I have the lake (it may get bigger, my original plan was for the lake to be HUGE so), a workout area/running track, and a playground!
S9GzVgq.png

Also, I forgot to put this in the last journal so here you go! Here's my food court!
OsMngCH.png
rUl3aN0.png

zS7HtFJ.png

There's still some details I need to add, like stuff on the tables, but I really like all the chalk stuff I put!

Anyways, let's show off what I have of the park!
Here's the workout area, it's not done yet because I still need more exercising equipment, but I'm working on it!
OvmBWad.png
ihfkUTq.png

Here's the playground! (Which is weird to have on an island with only one child but whatever lol)
nPnrPBX.png

That's what I have so far! Other things I'm planning on adding is a barbeque/picnic area and a pine forest with a campsite!

And here's the lake, again it's not complete, it may get bigger!
xyOWoYw.png

MUSEUM UPDATE!
The museum is looking less and less barren with each day, huh? I finally got the furniture I need so here's the sides of the museum decorated!
9CSjO8o.png
z5W6XET.png

I still need something to decorate the area around the ramps with, hopefully I'll think of something :(

Alright! Enough updates! Here's some pictures of my villagers!

This morning, three villagers were all doing some exercising together, I have a very fit island o_o
Me4yUU5.png

Look who I saw at Sherb's house today, I hope he's not cheating on Fang... :cautious:
Av2oIyU.png

LOOK AT MY BOIS IN GLASSES THEY MAKE ME SOFF
rscDIQM.png
Jq6KICn.png

I was working on an area by the playground and Lolly decided to join me for a minute, how sweet! ^^
hHwmg27.png

There might not be an update tomorrow, I need to focus on my finals at the moment, that's why I wanted to cram as much of stuff as I could in this update. Thank you for reading and let me know what you think and if you have any advice for me!​

Wow I wasn't expecting to not post for a while. I went to my sister's house for the week and I just got home. I wasn't able to make journal updates but I've made a lot of advancements since last journal entry! I'll try to have a huge update out by tonight or tomorrow! I'm super tired because I haven't slept in like 36+ hours so I'm going to lay down for a bit.

Back