• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Has Celeste/shooting stars gotten rarer?

A meteor shower or even stray stars? As long as your skies are clear (no clouds) you should be able to get a few stars periodically, even if it's not a full blown shower
my skies have been pretty clear, don’t understand why i haven’t gottten one in so long

Yeah I’ve had her twice before, and last night was the first time I’d ever seen any shooting stars. It wasn’t a full-blown shower, either.

I wonder if the devs intentionally made it so that certain NPCs would be more common for certain players? It seems like there are some people who see Celeste a lot, while others see Redd a lot, etc. I’m sure it’s RNG but I still can’t help but wonder.

EDIT: oops somehow I missed the guidebook post! It’s nice to know that the meteors at least have a set percentage for everyone.
Leif and Kicks visit me often. I've only been inside Redd's little boat once and I'm desperate for him to visit me lol. I wonder if the guidebookbhas any info on that.

I wish she showed up more but I got the sci fi wall which is one of the coolest items I’ve found so far.

I think so. I've noticed that there's been a large drop in the number of people who have been advertising meteor showers at their town. As someone previously pointed out, it seems that May is a bad month for meteor showers. :( Ah well.

ooh geez, that makes sense then :/ that sucks, i had one meteor shower after time travelling but i didn't get a single taurus fragment from it, so i guess i just have to hope super hard or TT again
yo, if you want, i could give you some of my taurus fragments! i have, like, ten. 0-0 been having a ton of clear nights lately.

i’ve never had a meteor shower before, but i have gotten celeste once per week. at night, i make sure i search my entire island because she can spawn in some...great hiding places. she once spawned in my orchard, in which you cannot see anything except for the trees. that was fun.

I had a big meteor shower last night but no Celeste. It was so bizarre. I checked everywhere for her, secret beach, behind buildings. She was MIA.

It was the first time Isabelle announced it too.

Ugh this explains why my first and only shower was like first week of launch when it was still March... those rates.. a 1% wedged between two big fat zeroes ugh

I never had a single meteor shower since day 1. And Celeste have only showed up 3 times. That's why I've been actively going to other islands just to get Celeste DIYs and watch meteor showers for the monthly Zodiac star fragments. Most star fragments and Celeste items I own were traded and/or crafted by someone else from this forum... :(

I have had 2 shooting star nights since I got the game, and Celeste has shown up ONCE. One time. My dreams of getting the moon and the chairs are pretty much crushed.

that's strange considering for they've gotten more common. i've gotten three meteor showers within the past two-three weeks and celeste has shown each time. i guess my luck has just been pretty good, though getting recipes i actually want is hard given the amount of wand recipes she has

There are times when one or two shotting star just pop up when there was no announcement of it or anything. And tonight I just saw about 4-6 shooting stars again no announcement.

yo, if you want, i could give you some of my taurus fragments! i have, like, ten. 0-0 been having a ton of clear nights lately.

i’ve never had a meteor shower before, but i have gotten celeste once per week. at night, i make sure i search my entire island because she can spawn in some...great hiding places. she once spawned in my orchard, in which you cannot see anything except for the trees. that was fun.
that's sweet! but i actually got some now, so you can keep them :)

I'm pretty bummed that May seems to be a dry month because my birthday is included in it! I'll just keep my fingers crossed for a shower or Island visit to try and stock up.

Dang, all of you guys have had a meteor shower at least once, but I haven't had a shower once since launch.

i haven't had a legit meteor shower since launch as well. the one that isabelle announces and where you'll get them non-stop. sigh.
Post automatically merged:

the way we're wishing for shooting stars & not the other way around is PRETTY ironic i must say.

meteor showers have always been fairly rare for me - i’ve only had them about twice since release. celeste, on the other hand, usually visits once a week

Dang, all of you guys have had a meteor shower at least once, but I haven't had a shower once since launch.

I haven't had a meteor shower either. I've had a couple nights with a slightly higher than average rate of shooting stars, but no "wow it's a clear night!" dialogue or announcement from Isabelle, and Celeste wasn't on my island either of the times. I've had her...three times? I think? Maybe four. Not very often--Wisp shows up more frequently for me but even still I don't have a visitor most evenings.

I'm mostly patient about it until read people talking about getting three in a row back to back and that makes it hard. 😂

If it's so rare, why is the limit 30? Like it makes sense why, but it's just too rare for the limit. Getting zodiac fragments seems impossible.

Back