• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

shooting star question

xxcodexx

Bells
random shooting star nights dont happen that often for me BUT!
it seems like whenever i visit someone elses town and kk slider is there; upon activation of kk slider there, the 'interactive' sometimes shows shooting stars.
whenever that happens it seems that the shooting stars are activated in My town when i get back. this has happened twice *and ive been playing since foreva lol*

it so happens that tonight i visited someone elses town and they had kk slider, and in my town i did as well. i went to their town Before my own towns kk slider time *15 minutes before 6pm..their time was 7:20pm* and i activated theirs and while kk slider was playing it showed the shooting stars in the short. upon returning home the first thing out of the gate was shooting stars SO i went to kk slider in my town and activated it. same animation with the shooting stars. when i got out? yep...shooting stars are happening still.

my question is: is this a part of the game where when you visit someone elses town while kk is playing that it 'triggers' shooting stars? or do the random shooting stars show up when one person has them on either town? or neither?

side note: when i activated the hosts kk slider the host was not in the residential centers group. i could however, see her moving about outside of the animation that i was stuck in lol!

celeste wasnt in either town. once is just a coincidence; but two times???

Last edited:
No the KK Slider concert backdrop is purely aesthetical and has no influence on the weather pattern (which shooting stars are considered part of) on any islands.

Just to expand on what lars was saying - the shooting stars are part of the weather system. There are 40 different weather patterns you can experience, and a handful of them include meteor showers. Specific times of the stars shooting are part of your weather seed, which determines what your weather will be on your island. Your weather seed has no bearing on the weather in specific circumstances: Event days, such as fishing tourney and the Harvest Festival. Both maple leaf season and cherry blossom season also do not allow for any precipitation. Then there's the day where every island experiences their snow storm - this is the day before your island is covered in snow. For Northern Hemisphere folks that's December 10th, and Southern Hemisphere players experience it June 10th. Of course you can have a snow storm on other days, that's just the guaranteed big storm that leads to your island being covered the next day.

But no, going to another player's island doesn't change your weather. You'll also notice that during Slider's performance, every season is showcased. Snowflakes for winter, cherry blossoms for spring, shooting stars for summer, and maple leaves for fall. It's just an aesthetic thing.

Last edited:
Back