• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Has ACNH helped you through a tough time?

Animal Crossing is wonderful when you need to relax and think to something else. Everybody is kind, everybody likes you, but personaly, I don't feel well about that for a reason: in real life, I don't really have friends. I don't have a lot of people to talk to, I don't exist for anyone, sorry this is sad and not funny at all and in the game everybody loves you sincerely... it reminds me again and again that in real life this is not the case and it makes me quite sad. You have friends, but then don't really exist.

Yes it has! In 2021 shortly after I returned to in person learning for eighth grade when I was 13 years old I was really sad at the time because I was still stuck in my house because of the quarantine guidelines at the time in my state. I have a strong love for elephants because of how strong and witted that they are known to be. My interest for the series grew once I discovered that there were elephant characters in the game. My favorite elephant villager is Eloise because of the fact that she is my favorite color yellow and she is very adorable and sweet! Even though she is snooty I think that she is very sweet and caring to me! She even calls me tulip nowadays because we are so close! Toooooot!!! 💛

yup! i was suffering from bad depression and anxiety in 2020 and 2021 and it helped me in multiple ways. not just playing the game but focusing on the characters, planning concepts for other islands, drawing fanart, making lists of items, and watching livestreams helped soothe me.

First of all, I want to say how sorry I am for your loss, OP. Losing a family member can be heartbreaking and even scary, especially if you are close to them. I lost my uncle (my dad's brother) back in July 2022, and it is still shocks me to this day. Even though I have a complicated relationship with my mom, I couldn't imagine losing her.

Even though my answer is a bit generic, I played a lot of New Horizons during its dawn, which was also the dawn of the pandemic. It was and is a good time burner, indeed. Even if 2020 was a sub-par year for most (if not all) of us, I have a lot of fond memories of staying at my aforementioned uncle's house (me, my dad, and my brother stayed there for a year, so my dad could save up for this current house, which we moved into in June 2020) playing New Horizons while eating Wendy's the few months. :,)

Hell, even more recently. I was playing a lot of NL and NH back in August and September of 2023. Some of you guys probably read through some of my posts from back then, but August 24th through September 11th was a very stressful time frame for me because I was waiting on medical results and I couldn't help but think about what was possibly wrong. Thankfully, my results came back good for the most part other than "drink more water". "slightly low iron", and "slightly high bilirubin:, but I was still very stressed out while waiting. Even if it was a stressful time frame, I have good memories too, thanks to NL and NH <33333

Not just NH, but NL has also helped me through rough moments, like when Mathilda gave me a gift and told me I was a good friend back in May 2015 when I was sick, and Rooney sending me a letter telling me I was one of his few closest pals when I was spending too much time out of my comfort zone at a time back in August 2016. <3333

I feel like our villagers know how to make us feel better. Even something simple like getting "How are you doing?" and "I'm here for you" letters, or being told you can cry on their shoulder warms my heart. :,3 🥹💖💕

Back