• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Has anyone ever went back and looked at their older threads?

Have you gone back and looked at your older threads?

• Yes

Votes: 21 61.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Ew gross, why would I?

Votes: 7 20.6%

• Total voters

Croconaw

アリゲイツ
Bells
We have one asking if you've gone back to look at your introduction thread, but have you gone further? Have you gone and looked at your older threads that were likely cringe? I personally wouldn't. Even the more recent ones I made were pretty cringe but I'm too embarrassed to look back further in the timeline.

Sometimes, I usually did it for the art posts I made here back in 2020 compared to my art now for the sake of comparison to see where I improve on the art and which areas I think I needed improvement on.

I’ve looked back at my older threads a couple of times, not just counting the ones that got bumped.

Some of the stuff, I actually like what I did. Others, I do not want to see my past.

One of my past threads was about the Christmas filter and how every use of the word “Halloween” was replaced with “Christmas”. Another was asking if people liked Animal Crossing on the handheld more or console more. But let’s not bring up the bad threads I made, mkay?

i’ve never really made any threads before that were genuine questions. most of my threads were for trading. however, my old posts? pure cringe content.

i went back a few days ago after seeing the introduction thread and it was supremely cring. i saw a few trading posts that were sweet but everything else was just plain cring

I have two warnings etched into my profile from years ago. Those are enough for when I want to cringe and hate myself for a bit. I'm glad they aren't publicly visible, as far as I know anyways.

I do sometimes if the thread was something game related where I asked a question and got an answer. Sometimes I forget what the answer was and need it again for whatever reason.

I haven't looked back at any old threads that I've made yet (haven't made too many anyway), but every now and then I'll come across an old post of mine that makes me cringe lol

I definitely wouldn't choose to look back at the threads or posts I made when I was newer! 😅

I looked back at the titles of the threads I created. I haven't actually created too many non-submission and non-trading threads until more recently, so I don't necessarily have a problem looking through them again, lol.

I looked back at my older posts from 2014+ before and thought I sounded like a different person. It might just be that things have changed a lot over the years.

Threads? If it's not cringe, but most of them are fine.
My old posts I had on the forum are more unbearable for me to look at than posted threads.

yup! mostly my art and new leaf shop threads :) it was such a fun time making signatures and breeding hybrids for folks.

I frequently do that. A good example of posts I revisit are those in the "Ruin a Movie!" thread in the basement area. Some of them still give me laughs for how creative and stupid I can be in ruining plots of movies. And despite currently taking a long mental break from writing new short stories on my island journal (and regrettably leaving a multi-parter unfinished in the process), I tend to re-read those to check for grammar and/or spelling errors and fix them. Also, as I like being somewhat verbose in my non-basement posts, it helps me learn how to communicate better with fellow users here and in the professional world.

There's only a few posts I've made that I'd prefer not to read again (like those in the "What's Bothering You?" thread in Brewster's Café), but they're few and far between. What's been negatively said in the past, shall remain in the past.

I tend to go back and look at my old posts more than my old threads, but I have. Most of my old threads were just New Leaf items and villagers giveaways, so thankfully they weren’t too embarrassing! Though, my giveaway intros were a little infomercial-sounding.

Hello there! Has a villager moved out on you, before you got their Picture? Did you mess up on April Fools Day, and ended up telling one of your residents they were fake, when in fact, they were not? If either of those are true, or you just really like Villager Pics, then you've come to the right place! I, FrozenDrinks, am hosting another giveaway! And what does my second giveaway include, you ask? All 300+ Villager Pictures! But, perhaps to your dismay, you will not be receiving them all in this giveaway, no sir (or ma'am). You are only allowed to choose up to 16 Pics.

The intros were better than the banners I made for a couple of them, though LOL
IMG_6814.jpeg
IMG_6815.jpeg

I gotta admit though, I admire how organized and straight to the point my threads were! At least 13-15-year-old me knew how to put her thoughts into words without rambling. 😅

My other old threads were just about New Leaf room inspo and questions about the game, the best stories people had read, what pets everyone had, etc. My old threads honestly aren’t as cringey as I was anticipating them being, though I don’t even remember making most of them LOL

I’ve made more threads than I thought, but it’s kinda nice to look back at them and reflect on how much I’ve changed since making them, and how much I’ve stayed the same. It’s comforting to know that even though I’m no longer 13-15-years-old, and I feel incredibly unlike the versions of me I was growing up, that there are still fragments of those versions around. It’s nice to remember that there was life prior to 2020, since time has felt incredibly unreal since. :’)

I’m proud of how much I’ve grown as a person over the past few years alone, and how I feel more able to be my authentic self now. I’m proud of the kindness and empathy I show to others, and how deeply I care about my loved ones and fellow humans alike. I’ve come a long way since I was a teenager, and I’m proud of that! Though, if I could maybe get my post organization skills back, that’d be great 😂

Last edited:
I’m more of a commenter than a thread creator but I probably should some time! Pretty sure I can remember my introduction thread roughly.

i have before. i can't remember if i made an intro thread at any point except for when i returned to the site. it's probably somewhere in my post history but thats almost 10 years now.

I vaguely remember going off on the 'Whats bothering you' page, and it being completely awakard after for everyone i think it was that page? Would love to get rid of the post, but I don't want to reread anything like that, in fear it will make me wanna hit myself.

Back