Has Animal Crossing ever made you emotional?

In Wild World when Mint moved. I read her letter and cried before I could finish reading it. ;w;

In my first play i was so sad when Rodney up and moved. This is before i knew that changing the 3ds clock affected the game. I cried some amd now i am so happy he moved into my new town. The series has lots of feels.

Last edited:
when my jacques and stitches moved away with no warning, yes i was very upset ;n; i am a very emotional person overall though.
the 1am music is kinda saddening too, but it's my favorite hourly song.
and to anyone contemplating doing the 16 villager cycle..trust me it's SO worth it. i did it for jacques, i had a friend hold him for me and i was able to get my same one who remembered me and everything ♡
him leaving me ;_;
MRsRbrk.jpg

8tllvF6.jpg

0O9Ul4b.jpg

visiting him in my friends town
LLkVq8F.jpg

xHNThdv.jpg

1T7u45k.jpg

gCBe2hA.jpg

GhcbDUy.jpg

move out day..finally finished the 16 villager cycle ;u;
qutDyot.jpg

ag65sp8.jpg

mXGYkJn.jpg

6rpJMid.jpg

uYGCMNB.jpg

I9Nc6oA.jpg

Oh gosh, so many times XD I cried a whole lot when my little sister deleted my first town, mainly because my favorite villager Punchy went along with it :( Before I was able to adopt him again, I'd visit dream towns just to see him again ^^; I can remember one in particular- it was late at night, and I was visiting Punchy in his house... and I realized just how much I missed him, and I started crying all over again D,: It didn't help that K.K. Love Song was playing...

From what I can remember, when Jacques and Lily, my two favorite dreamies, moved ;; Jacques' move came out of nowhere and I had no idea (because I took a long break from playing), Lily's I could have stopped but completely forgot.

Rudy. During TTing, there was an accident and when I found out he was moving, I dropped my DS and freaked out.

When Aurora moved, I got a little upset since she was definitely my favorite villager back in Wild World. The only time I've actually gotten really emotional is when villagers plot on top of my things, and that's anger.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Wolfgang was a random spawn iirc, and I only wanted him so he could be a boy toy for Whitney. While they did seem to be together all the time, and hang out at each others homes and wear the same shirts and walk in tandem through town... I found myself warming up to this weirdly deep voices blue wolf. He was a loner and expressed that through placing his house right up against my town's cliff wall and away from the other villagers.

I had to go out of my way to talk to this guy. And eventually he opened up to me and would be asking to visit my house all the time and say he would worry about me and just be a good friend. What he said in the first photo caught me off guard, that he picked up that I was a silly person, because in real life I am! I'm a goofy pile of goo :p So I felt a real connection there and started tearing up.

Then when I got his letter, oh man Niiagra Falls! It felt really good to have a photo to remember him by and while I do have him in my 2nd town for safe-keeping, I don't think I'll be cycling him back like I had intended, mostly because he'll be a "blank slate" and not be my papa wolf I grew to love. I want him to remember me! So a kind of bitter sweet ending but I accept it (づ ? ﹏ ?)づ

Yes...this game has a tendency to make me emotional. I remember when Sprinkle moved away (quite unexpectedly), and I just slid down to the floor and stared at nothing for a good five minutes, maybe more.

And then there was Peanut. She was one of my starting villagers in Bunifrey, and she was another unexpected loss. I had my boyfriend let me visit his town because I was hoping she would follow me from the void, and she did! But what really got to me was when I went to visit her once she was moved in, and she said, "Hiya, shmoopy!" I was so amazed and shocked that she still called me by the nickname that she gave me that I kinda teared up a bit.

Sometimes the game makes me a bit emotional. It means a lot to me, especially now I've had it for 2+years. When I sit under the tree in my main town, and read all the memories and stuff, it makes me think of all the good times I've had in town, meeting new friends and hanging out and stuff like that. I'm not really much of a softie, but it gets to me sometimes ya know? I have invested a lot of time and effort into both of my towns, and they're special to me, I care about them a lot.

Recently I've been having hearing problems and experiencing tinnitus and other uncomfortable things that have disrupted my daily life, and it began to really upset me. I've found that getting back into regular ACNL has helped me keep calm, and brings a smile to my face which is a nice relief :) I guess over the last couple of years, ACNL has really become a part of my life now I come to think about it!

in my very first town, I cried when Zell and Wendy moved.

on my second town, on really bad depression days, I cry when my villagers compliment me or tell me they care about me cause it's like

I feel like I have meaning again.

/cries all over this post

This game always has and probably always will make me emotional. I'm the type of person who gets way too attached to everything, so even when villagers I don't particularly care about decide to move, it makes me a little sad. I think the first time I ever cried while playing was when one of my residents said something along the lines of "even if we never see each other again, you'll always have a place in my heart." I think I wasn't having a particularly good time that day, so it just made me weep, lol. I think I also had to hold back tears when I reset my town for the first time. But eventually it turned out better... and then I reset my town again very recently. :p

I cried when Fauna moved out and I almost threw up when O'Hare moved out after lmao
the game is super sweet, kapp'n and his songs make my heart sing <3

I'm letting Chief go and it's really hard for me. I've had him for a very long time and didn't know I wanted him until he was in my town. I have, however, decided that it is time for Chief to move and to get other villagers. I really hope I won't regret this decision (although I already kind of am...).

I already created an auction for him, so I can't back out of my decision. I've thought about this for a long time.

Goodbye, Chief. You will be missed. I hope you get a good new home and you'll meet lots of new villagers and a nice mayor. You never know, maybe Whitney will be there again... :^)

I'm letting Chief go and it's really hard for me. I've had him for a very long time and didn't know I wanted him until he was in my town. I have, however, decided that it is time for Chief to move and to get other villagers. I really hope I won't regret this decision (although I already kind of am...).

I already created an auction for him, so I can't back out of my decision. I've thought about this for a long time.

Goodbye, Chief. You will be missed. I hope you get a good new home and you'll meet lots of new villagers and a nice mayor. You never know, maybe Whitney will be there again... :^)

That's totally happened to me! Sometimes villagers come to my town I'm not expecting to like all that much, and they quickly become a favorite (sometimes even a dreamie). I know that happened to me with Julian and Willow. :') They're awesome. Willow is one of my favorite snooty villagers because she's still so nice--unlike some snooty villager who, to me, can be a bit off-putting--and her appearance more models a normal villager (whom I usually find pretty adorable). Julian is great, but I just expected to think he was cute and that would be the end of it. I actually found his personality rather endearing, and I was always happy to see a blue unicorn prancing around town. I lost both Julian and Willow to time traveling mistakes, and I was way more upset about it than I thought I would be. I'm trying to complete the sixteen villager cycling now, though I'm being rather slow about it. :/

Also... you're profile icon is so, so, SO adorable. ;w; I am a fan. :3

I've never cried or anything, but I am super emotionally attached to the game. Once I asked Lyle for my room evaluation and he said that my Tom's pic had earned me points and that Tom had "Stopped by and talked about our friendship" and that made me so happy. :D

I cried a little when Shep left unexpectedly.

Also when they say things to me on my birthday, I get super emotional because not even my irl friends say anything like that to me. Some of the letters they send are pretty touching too.

Back