Has Animal Crossing ever made you emotional?

Yup, especially when frita moved out. I cried when I saw her in boxes and the next day I went to her spot and felt like crying again. What didn't help was the 1am music was playing which is so quiet and beautiful

OMG guess who just moved into my GameCube town...

image.jpg

Fang!!! We are reunited at last! :)

Today Puck told me: "I may be forgetful, but I'll record the memories we've shared in the notebook of my heart."

The lazy villagers can be so sweet. c':

Last edited:
I do get emotional about my villagers and gameplay very often!
Since I am a supposedly *ahem* mature person (lol) I tell myself that it is OK, and it is because this is an interactive and immersive game, very well written and designed to tug at the heartstrings ... When you play everyday and have conversation exchanges with these little peeps, imaginary or not, the emotional appeal can be very strong!
That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!
(The Pennifer gives a nostalgic little happy sob) :lemon:

I got ridiculously happy when I discovered the Megaphone x3 I was just filled with joy when I could talk to the villagers, and that they could hear me. I should not have become so happy because of that, but there it is.

Edit: Also when Del moved away. He was my replacement cranky for Chief, but I loved Del even more. I have seriously thought of cycling 16 for this alligator. I might do it.

Last edited:
This post is gonna sound kinda pathetic.

My boyfriend and I got together in April. At the end of June, I had my preview days for college, and I left on the same day he left for camp. It was about to be the first days we didn't have each other for constant company. Though I was with new people and did have a very good time, I felt incredibly lonely at night. I really wanted to talk to him and tell him about my day, but he was at summer camp with no cell reception. I sent him a message and he didn't even receive it until he was on his way home on Saturday (I sent it Sunday). My roommate was nice, but I didn't want to bother her with my dumb emotions or anything. While I was crying quietly and couldn't sleep, I picked up my 3DS and turned on Animal Crossing. I felt a lot better because I felt like I had friends to talk to, which sounds even more pathetic than the fact I was crying because I couldn't talk to my boyfriend of two months. But I played until maybe like 12:30 a.m. and was incredibly more relaxed.

I'm pathetic but yeah. I find it helps me with my emotions. I've also cried when I lost villagers and cheered when I FINALLY CAUGHT AN AROWANA.

If anything, I get really angry when A BEETLE FLIES AWAY EVEN THOUGH I'M ABOUT A MILE AWAY FROM THE TREE.

Or when I accidentally pull my fishing line in too early and lose a shark :(

I've never gotten sad about villagers leaving or anything, though.

I got so upset when Sally was in boxes... She was one of my starter animals in New Leaf and I was looking at my screenshots of me and her and I really miss her :,( But its for the best I have Marshall, Dora and Merengue!

When Merry moved out suddenly, I cried. Not gonna lie. Cried like a baby.

YES when it got to my first birthday in the game. it's set as my actual birthday too and some of the things they say are v cute. it made me super emotional :')

I cried last month because Beau moved out without telling me. My parents and brother were like, "Why are you crying over a cartoon deer?" and I just cried harder.

Aside from wanting to throw my 3DS across the room because someone moved out that I liked, not really.

I hated Poncho when he was in my village, and I don't even know why. I tried so hard to get him to move out for a while.

He tried to ping me to tell me he was leaving, and when I ignored him, he gave the saddest face ever. :( When he did finally move, I felt so bad! Now I actually want him back. :/

See, that's what you get when you're mean to villagers.

Yes. Many times. I almost teared up today because Kyle wrote me a letter and ended it with "Hugs and kisses!" I once spent a week cycling a villager out because they made Sterling cry lmao. I probably get too emotional over this game tbh

Back