• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Harvest moon/Story of Seasons

I first played Harvest Moon DS. The boy version. I don’t think the girl version (DS Cute) existed yet at that time. I’ve also played all the 3DS games, Animal Parade and Mineral Town remake. Animal Parade is definitely my favourite in the series. I don’t have Olive Town yet but it needs some major updates before I’ll consider buying it, plus I’d rather wait until all the DLC is out as well.
omg harvest moon ds................ i only ever played cute so i never experienced this myself but i heard hmds regular was like, SUPER SUPER buggy. is that true. do you remember at all.

also, animal parade as your favourite...... a bokumono fan of taste i see

I decided to re-bump this thread with my own experiences from the game! I've been meaning to find a thread to talk about Harvest Moon!

I recently got a NDSL and I have Harvest Moon: Tale of Two Towns. This is the only one I've played so far. I'd like to take it one game at a time xD

I really really love ToTT! It's very enjoyable for me. Although since I think it's emulated it lags and freezes from time to time. :^/ But! I really like Cam and Ash so far. Kana is cute, too! ;v; I'm not sure who I will romance on this save file. I'm trying to build up my friendship with all three, but it's hard because 1 of those 3 lives in a different town -w- Freakin' Kana.

Anyways! I love games like these, so if anyone has any other Harvest Moon game suggestions, I'd love to look into them! I currently have ToTT, the Harvest Moon: Nintendo DS, Island of Happiness and Grand Bazaar!

It has been a while! Haha

Does anyone have any more recent game suggestions? (recent as in post-Sos) I loved FoMT as a kid and it was my first game in the series so I'm considering it. I never did rival heart events as a kid though so I guess I'd miss out on those again.

Does anyone have any more recent game suggestions? (recent as in post-Sos) I loved FoMT as a kid and it was my first game in the series so I'm considering it. I never did rival heart events as a kid though so I guess I'd miss out on those again.
I wish I was more into the series so I could recommend some games to you! Unfortunately I am very late on the HM hype-train. ToTT is the ONLY game I’ve played so far! I wanna look into playing Island of Happiness next, or any of the games on any console for that matter! I just need to look into emulating more of them xD

Back to my rambling about ToTT…

So far, I’m in the beginning of Summer, Year 1. Summer 10, I think? I’m doing the cooking festivals for the first time using my own ingredients instead of the kind Rutger gave me in Year 1; Spring. I made a potato salad this time! I chose Bluebell for my beginning town; as I read somewhere online Bluebell is the best town to make quick money. Konohana is more crop-based while Bluebell focuses on animals and such! I think sometime in Summer, I’ll move to Konohana, then back to Bluebell in Spring; Year 2.

I’m very torn between Ash and Cam as my marriage candidates. When I first saw Cam, I was so.. enamored? Is that the word? His cold yet somewhat sweet personality really got me. I love all the character designs. I think my favorite bachelor is Kana, I LOOOVE his tattoos. My favorite bachelorette is probably Nori. Her design is so so pretty. Ina is also gorgeous ;w;

Has anyone else played Tale of Two Towns? What do you guys think of it? :0

DEFINITELY trio of towns, if you’re looking specifically for games after the HM / SOS split occurred. it’s a good game with quite a bit to do and a nice cast of characters (although it has a pretty slow start to it, which a lot of newer-era bokumono tends to suffer with in general). also has a gay patch that makes every candidate available no matter the player gender if you’re interested in that lol

sosfomt is also nice and it definitely gives off that nostalgic feel so it’s absolutely worth considering too if you liked the OG game
played through ToTT three times! although I haven’t played it in years and should go through it again sometime :’) I liked it a lot! it’s my favourite out of the DS era HM games and I wish they implemented irrigation farming in more games because it’s really handy.

Lol I’m soooo use to the 10 day rule on Fogu I keep forgetting bumping is a thing.

Honestly I haven’t touched the series in a hot minute.

For those that have played ToTT, when did you move to the other town? I currently reside in Bluebell, I'm set on marrying Cam... but I don't wanna move to Konohana and travel all the way to Bluebell everyday to give him gifts to raise our friendship level :"D

I was thinking of moving at the end of Summer ; Year 1, and then move back to Bluebell in Spring; Year 2, but I'm not sure anymore... T^T I love Cam, he's my favorite and I recently got him to purple flowers! Cam and Ash are my favorites, and I should probably move to Konohana to raise my friendship with Nori, so I can get Cam's preferred outfit... But, I'm having second thoughts >w>

Do you ABSOLUTELY have to move to the other town at some point in the game? Or would I be okay just staying in Bluebell? ;v;

Do you ABSOLUTELY have to move to the other town at some point in the game? Or would I be okay just staying in Bluebell? ;v;
you don't HAVE to move towns at all, if i remember correctly! you're completely fine just staying in bluebell if you want to stay there -- i don't remember ever moving from konohana at all during any of my playthroughs :')

Yeah you most definitely don’t have to move. Ever. I didn’t and the game doesn’t force you.

I’m a Bluebell girl too.

I don’t see one soooo.....

Let’s talk farming. What your favorite HM/SoS game? What was your first game? Do you still play the series? Have a question or need assistance with a game? This is the place.

My first game was Sunshine islands and yes, I still play the series. I’m playing SoS.PoOT right now.

Let’s talk!
It's hard to pick a favorite Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons game. :T If I had to pick only one of them then I would choose Harvest Moon: Animal Parade. Really liked a lot of the male marriage candidates and the rival marriages. My first game was Harvest Moon: Back to Nature for the Playstation 1. Other Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons games that I've played are: Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life (GC), Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life (GC), Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland (PS2), Harvest Moon: Magical Melody (GC), Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town (GBA), Harvest Moon: DS (DS), and Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns (3DS). I would like to get the Switch games, but I don't have Switch at all to do so.

I've heard of this game, but I never bothered to try it out. Think it was because of the friendship levels stuff that made me not want to play the game. Read that if you don't talk to a villager for a least a week then there's a there is a 30% chance that the person will lose -100 FP.

Last edited:
I think in ToTT, I need to move to Konohana in order to plant trees... I read on fogu that you won't have enough room on Bluebell's farm to grow trees :<

Sad. I have Cam and Ash both at purple flower level, and I don't want to leave them, if I were to move to Konohana T^T I've seriously been debating it. I want to have a nice lil' playthrough of it, get all the crops and stuff I need to raise friendship levels and stuff, so... I guess I will have to move to Konohana at some point ;v;

I mean, I could always travel to Bluebell everyday to see Cam (and Ash), if it meant that much to me, lol. I think I'll move to Konohana in the end of Fall ; Year 1. Maybe Winter ; Year 1. Have not decided yet!

it’s definitely doable to just travel between the towns daily if you need to! like I said previously I never moved from konohana in my playthrough but i still had everyone from bluebell befriended because i’d go there all the time :’-) if/when you end up moving to konohana for the tree space, good luck with your new farm space!

unrelated to ToTT but a general question: did you all know it’s very easy to mod animal parade if you’re emulating it? like, regarding textures? there are tutorials & mods for changing your player’s hair and eye colour and the colours of the outfits you wear (and if you get into the texture files you can change these things for everyone else too) and it’s really fun to mess around with

I still play Animal Parade because it's the only one I have lol.

Also, does anyone know the requirements for getting married to someone in the game? I kinda knew at first because of a let's play series I saw in 2018, but I don't remember now. TwT

I still play Animal Parade because it's the only one I have lol.

Also, does anyone know the requirements for getting married to someone in the game? I kinda knew at first because of a let's play series I saw in 2018, but I don't remember now. TwT
you need at least 9 hearts raised with your ideal candidate (and to have completed all their little heart events like their gifts & the date up through their love confession), a Level 2 house, and I don’t remember if you have to buy a double bed manually or if the house comes with one but you need that! Once you’ve got all that and the blue feather you can propose and it should work.

(also if you’re interested in a special candidate — Wizard, Witch Princess, Harvest Goddess, or Harvest King — you need to beat the story before you can court them properly I believe. it doesn’t take long to complete though so)

you need at least 9 hearts raised with your ideal candidate (and to have completed all their little heart events like their gifts & the date up through their love confession), a Level 2 house, and I don’t remember if you have to buy a double bed manually or if the house comes with one but you need that! Once you’ve got all that and the blue feather you can propose and it should work.

(also if you’re interested in a special candidate — Wizard, Witch Princess, Harvest Goddess, or Harvest King — you need to beat the story before you can court them properly I believe. it doesn’t take long to complete though so)

Ah, thank you so much!! Also, 9 hearts?! That's a lot, the most hearts I have with something (exlcuding my farm animals) is three hearts for the cat by the lighthouse. ;w;
I think the candidate I chose was Luke, but his liked things are spinach and mayonnaise, which I don't have-

I've been absolutely absorbed in Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive town. I'm having a lot of fun with it! Does anyone know what marriage activities you can do? I just married Linh the other day. I know in the first SoS 3DS game you could make dinner or have them make you dinner as well as taking them to a hangout area. I saw the latest update added some sort of picnic?

Ah, thank you so much!! Also, 9 hearts?! That's a lot, the most hearts I have with something (exlcuding my farm animals) is three hearts for the cat by the lighthouse. ;w;
I think the candidate I chose was Luke, but his liked things are spinach and mayonnaise, which I don't have-
no problem! good taste in candidates btw i love luke. his heart level actually isn't that hard to raise -- he likes tulips, which you can grow really easily in spring. and if you're past spring, he also likes mussels and oysters which you can pick up from the beach! (beach stuff is really good as a universal likes category, i could be wrong but i think every character in the game likes at least 1 beach item?) he also likes both coconuts and bananas, so once you've gotten the blue bell you can just grab those off the ground when you travel to toucan island. (and you can buy coconut cocktails from the brass bar once it's levelled up!)

no problem! good taste in candidates btw i love luke. his heart level actually isn't that hard to raise -- he likes tulips, which you can grow really easily in spring. and if you're past spring, he also likes mussels and oysters which you can pick up from the beach! (beach stuff is really good as a universal likes category, i could be wrong but i think every character in the game likes at least 1 beach item?) he also likes both coconuts and bananas, so once you've gotten the blue bell you can just grab those off the ground when you travel to toucan island. (and you can buy coconut cocktails from the brass bar once it's levelled up!)
Wow, thanks again! Now I can gift Luke some items that are more available instead of waiting for fall (?) to grow spinach lol.

unrelated to ToTT but a general question: did you all know it’s very easy to mod animal parade if you’re emulating it? like, regarding textures? there are tutorials & mods for changing your player’s hair and eye colour and the colours of the outfits you wear (and if you get into the texture files you can change these things for everyone else too) and it’s really fun to mess around with
Interesting... :0 That's good to know if I were to attempt this myself. Still got the original game in my possession, but I will keep this in mind.

I've been absolutely absorbed in Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive town. I'm having a lot of fun with it! Does anyone know what marriage activities you can do? I just married Linh the other day. I know in the first SoS 3DS game you could make dinner or have them make you dinner as well as taking them to a hangout area. I saw the latest update added some sort of picnic?
Don't own the game or ever played the game. But... Maybe checking out fogu.com and Harvest Moon Reddit Page can help you out if you haven't tried already. I mostly used fogu whenever I need some information on something.

Back